Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
So as a UA 1K I'm guessing that I could get AA to status match me to Platinum. If I've read everything correctly that would mean I would be 1 world Saphire.

Would I then be allowed to access the QF lounge on my internal OZ flights (SYD-CNS-SYD), and would I be allowed to take 1 companion into the lounge with me?

Thanks.
AA typically does not match anyone. You have to a fly during a registered Challenge period to get a status match.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:04 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
nevermind.

Last edited by pushback; Jan 28, 2007 at 8:19 pm
Old Jan 29, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by futaris
Sounds like a candidate for the AA Plat challenge...
Unless he plans to do it on Qantas flights now that they have to be AA flights on AA metal.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Unless he plans to do it on Qantas flights now that they have to be AA flights on AA metal.
No they dont; they just need to be AA flight numbers

Dave
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K GS, AA Exec Platinum, BA Silver, SPG Platinum
Will AA match my UA 1K Global Services elite status?

I am a frequent United Airlines flyer with 1K Global Services status. My company recently switched preferred travel partners and we are now moving to AA as our preferred domestic carrier and BA as our international carrier.

Is it possible to gain reciprocal status with AA as my UA status given that I will be flying them with great frequency?

Thanks for any insight and best way to get this done via AA.

digiflick
UA Global Services | BA Exec Silver
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
No. Read the identical post on this very page as to the dubiousness of status matches and how to do a challenge. If your company arranges this with AA they will tell you.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:51 am
Suspended

This has to be a test.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:52 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JonNYC
This has to be a test.
That wouldn't have been the word I used...

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
Personally, i would stick with the BA scheme as if you get silver or gold, you will be able to use the AC even when travelling WITHIN north america!!! An EXCELLENT bonus i believe - as also you won't get ANY aa miles or recognition for flying transatlantically im afraid.....but if you will be doing a large amound of mileage, you could in theory get PLT or EXP as well as carry your BA silver card around and get in the AC...
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:09 am
Community Director Emerita

Your company should be negotiating status with AA for its travelers, rather than you. I worked for a Fortune 500 company, with a large base of travelers who flew international predominantly, on paid business class fares. When we switched from UA to AA, AA gave everyone equivalent status. The company has the leverage with AA to negotiate this perk; you do not.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, digiflick.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K GS, AA Exec Platinum, BA Silver, SPG Platinum
Great feedback and suggestions. Many thanks everyone!

My first official post to FT, but have been an avid reader/lurker for years.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Duration of a free status match

AA has a deal with my employer to offer free status matches without the challenge. I am 1K with UA till next Feb, if i take up the offer now when will my AA status expire? Next Feb ? If yes then if i take the offer later this year will it still expire next Feb? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:02 pm

I'd venture that the match, if taken now, would only be good for one membership year (therefore, until February of 2008), but since the agreement is specific to your employer, you're likelier to get the correct response from them (or from AA directly).

Mike
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:19 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Never?
Feb 2008?
Feb 2009?

Each company has its own 'deals' with an airline.

Unless someone on this forum works for the same company your do .. we really have no way of knowing.

It could also vary by your level (SrVP might be for employment duration while Staff Consultant might be Feb 2008).

We are all so jealous your employer has such a deal for the staff! Hopefully you will be kick-started to a tier and then be expected to earn it in future years. Sort of like Billing requirements for consultants/lawyers .. if you bill less than a certain average every month you employment is suspect!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
The question is, does it matter?

First, if you are going to fly anyway, do you want to fly with status or without?

Second, if you fly enough to be 1K, would you fly enough to get PLT anyway?

(Unless your company and you are super special, I'm guessing AA will match your 1K-ness (darn... doesn't have the same ring) with PLT (equivalent to 1P-ness... that's better )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.