Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:45 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
You own a $100M company with a $5M/year travel budget?

AA operates on Challenges (GLD and PLT see stickies or wiki).

Comps tend NOT to happen (unless targeted as in owning big company) .. and 99.999% of the cases are NOT to top tier.

EXP is BIS (Butt-in-seat) miles/points/segments only.

Watch the Challenge tho if you start in the first half of 2007 your xxx-Lite level is only valid until Feb 2008 vs Feb 2009 (assuming you do not re-qual at a higher tier in 2007).

Ya gotta earn top tier on AA. Does UA comp top tier if I want to switch over to them>???
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: aadvantage plt
Originally Posted by jocojr
Ok... I am new to this side of FT... I did some searches and didnt yield anything useful... so here it goes.

I am currently 1k on UA (equivalent to EXP on AA) and I am getting fed up with UA.. however, I dont want to lose my status by switching... so my question is will AA match me to EXP? Or at the very least match me to Platinum and give let me challenge EXP... altho I knot AA does not usually do that... Thoughts?
Why would you want to switch to AA? Haven't you read, there are a lot of complaints about FA's not following FEBO, people watching rock concerts on their laptops and no headphones, and there is NO compensation for sitting next to fat people.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
so my question is will AA match me to EXP?
There was a time that AA comped in any 1K that asked (I was one a few years back), but even then they only matched up to midtier (Platinum= Premier Executive). It would probably be the rare exception for a status match across the board 1K to EXP.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 4:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trytoflyhigh
Why would you want to switch to AA? Haven't you read, there are a lot of complaints about FA's not following FEBO, people watching rock concerts on their laptops and no headphones, and there is NO compensation for sitting next to fat people.
But there are negatives to AA as well...

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 4:07 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by brp
But there are negatives to AA as well...

Cheers.
Think you may have meant UA . but CO and DL and US and NW all have negatives as well.

IMHO it comes down to the locations you travelo to and who has the proper levels of flights there (as well as fares).

I'm not switching to UA even though they have a RCC in my home airport (and AA does not have an AC there) .. we each have our own requirements.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 4:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JGR01
Think you may have meant UA .
No, I meant AA. The post I quoted mentioned some of the positive points about AA (participatory guessing games about food service order, free hard rock entertainment on the adjacent laptop and cozy seating conditions). I just wanted the OP to know that not everything on AA was this good!

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:08 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
And let's not forget the other AA perks (I am waiting for someone to post this as a real story)...
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:25 pm

Programs: United Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive
My company has a promotion with AA this year (for employees) where they're matching 2P to Gold and 1P/1K to Platinum.

However, I've heard that this kind of thing is extremely rare.

Good thing I just hit 1P on UA yesterday, and the cutoff for this offer is Dec 31 ^ . Nice bonus considering that I'm about 2k miles away from Gold this year and won't reach any elite status without this match.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by waxhell
My company has a promotion with AA this year (for employees) where they're matching 2P to Gold and 1P/1K to Platinum.
Making EXP even more valuable if you're in the Bay Area, while the ranks of Platinum and Gold will expand by a few more. Having worked my way to that level, it's nice to see that AA isn't comping in folks across the board.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Ok... I am new to this side of FT... I did some searches and didnt yield anything useful... so here it goes.

I am currently 1k on UA (equivalent to EXP on AA) and I am getting fed up with UA.. however, I dont want to lose my status by switching... so my question is will AA match me to EXP? Or at the very least match me to Platinum and give let me challenge EXP... altho I knot AA does not usually do that... Thoughts?
As far as I know, AA no longer offers status match to EXP. You can sign up for a challenge for PLT though and take advantage of the double miles while you meet the requirements for EXP.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
Having worked my way to that level, it's nice to see that AA isn't comping in folks across the board.
I completely agree with you.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by badjuju
As far as I know, AA no longer offers status match to EXP.
I never knew much about status matches or challenges until I found FT, so I am curious... when did AA ever status match to EXP?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:14 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I never knew much about status matches or challenges until I found FT, so I am curious... when did AA ever status match to EXP?
I didn't think they ever did as a rules ... except in very rare instances as already mentioned.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!

Are you really 1k or still 1P trying to get United to advance your status? Really, how many airlines are you going to ask to comp you status? Sorry, but after reading back through some of your recent posts, I have to wonder.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=622920&page=2

I also wonder how you can already be so fed up with United. If your are 1K, you went from 2P to 1K in little over a month and have hardly had time to even experience the benefit of top tier on United.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by tazi
I didn't think they ever did as a rules ... except in very rare instances as already mentioned.
They never have to my knowledge. However, the post that stated AA "no longer" offers EXP status match made me wonder if it were an option some time before I paid attention to such things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.