Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier
Originally Posted by 925
My educated guess is that they will match low-tier to low-tier. Mid-tier to mid-tier, and top-tier to either mid-tier or top-tier depending on how important your company is to AA.
Just as a data point, early this year my company's travel desk was able to give me AA Gold to match my UA Premier status. Not bad, especially considering that a week before they got me UA Premier status for free . Talk to someone at your travel desk - they might have some interesting offers for you.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Platinum status match for CO member?

Will AA do a status match to platinum for someone on CO? If so, do you get the 8 system wide upgrade vouchers?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:39 pm

Yes they will match up to Plat. No, you don't get eVIPs (system wide upgrades) as a Plat. You need EXP for eVIPs.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Deleted.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:11 am

AA often prefers to let people "challenge" their way to Gold or Platinum (not EXP) by earning 5000 or 10000 elite qualifying points within 90 days for each respective challenge.

AA has been known to do a status match here and there, but I don't think it is the norm. When I started swithing my business to AA, they would not do a status match; only a challenge.

One last thing to consider: Status matches are typically a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If you're not sure that you can requalify for the status, you might want to second guess using your status match now. AA has also apparently started to crack down on serial challenges so you will be bumped down a status tier if you can't make it the hard way.

Cheers
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
You obviously chose not to be proactive in searching, and even missed a thread at the top of this forum that blatantly says:

Sticky: Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: elite status, gold and plat challenge, and more (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

One would think that 665 posts on FT would have imparted a certain level of knowledge already.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Could I suggest that the OP look at the Status Match Master Thread and post their question there?
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
You obviously chose not to be proactive in searching, and even missed a thread at the top of this forum that blatantly says:

Sticky: Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: elite status, gold and plat challenge, and more (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

One would think that 665 posts on FT would have imparted a certain level of knowledge already.
Yeah, but the title of that thread says nothing about status matches, so it's not so "blatant", and it's not reasonable to expect anyone coming over from CO to just know what a challenge is -- CO just gives away its status for free.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Go the Challenge route; it's fast. If Alaska is a convenient option for you, bring your OP card--at most airports, you get to board before coach is filled.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, but the title of that thread says nothing about status matches, so it's not so "blatant", and it's not reasonable to expect anyone coming over from CO to just know what a challenge is -- CO just gives away its status for free.
THat's actually a good point. Perhaps the title of the thread could be ammended to include the term "Status Match". The body does mention that these are not the way things happen, but someone coming from another airline would not even know to look here because of titling.

(JDiver?)

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by alliance
Yes they will match up to Plat. No, you don't get eVIPs (system wide upgrades) as a Plat. You need EXP for eVIPs.
When did AA start giving status matches to CO elites?

Mike
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by nako
When did AA start giving status matches to CO elites?

Mike
I missed that memo, too.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I missed that memo, too.
They probably posted it in the sticky :P
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I missed that memo, too.
I dunno... I'm just excited that I'm owed 8 VIPs from being a PLT
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: 1K
Anyone been able to status match to EXP?

Ok... I am new to this side of FT... I did some searches and didnt yield anything useful... so here it goes.

I am currently 1k on UA (equivalent to EXP on AA) and I am getting fed up with UA.. however, I dont want to lose my status by switching... so my question is will AA match me to EXP? Or at the very least match me to Platinum and give let me challenge EXP... altho I knot AA does not usually do that... Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.