Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:11 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JGR01
AA has NOT done Status Matches for a long long time. Period.
This is not true - every time a thread like this comes up, there are definite examples of it. I was matched from UA in 2005, even while the 'challenge' was the known 'easy' path to status on AA. It happens.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:11 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by gemac
On Flyertalk, all members are equally valuable.
Unfortunately, not all posts are equally valuable.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
Au contraire, here on the new, improved flyertalk, all posts are above average.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by seanp7
This is not true - every time a thread like this comes up, there are definite examples of it. I was matched from UA in 2005, even while the 'challenge' was the known 'easy' path to status on AA. It happens.
Yes, we know that matches still happen under some rare circumstances. I think when long time posters say AA doesn't status match, they really mean they almost never status match. The stronger statement is intended to head off all of the inevitable questions about how to qualify for those special circumstances and then a ton of people listing exactly how they got this special exception, etc. which is generally not productive.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by acf573
Yes, we know that matches still happen under some rare circumstances. I think when long time posters say AA doesn't status match, they really mean they almost never status match. The stronger statement is intended to head off all of the inevitable questions about how to qualify for those special circumstances and then a ton of people listing exactly how they got this special exception, etc. which is generally not productive.
I don't think that these intentions merit posters on FT giving the wrong info, and I think that your response is little more than saying, "It's okay for us to give the wrong answer, because it's just too hard to give the right one."

Frankly, I don't believe it's so much harder to give the correct info - that AA status matches UA customers on an occasional basis - and point them to the status match master thread in MilesBuzz. And it's certainly easier to give the right answer than it is to give wrong info and then spend numerous posts after the fact correcting the information and generally lamenting the decline of the quality of FT's AA forum.

But that's just me.

Mike
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
Au contraire, here on the new, improved flyertalk, all posts are above average.
Actually, to be even more accurate: Like cars, members are more valuable when they're newer.

Forget that trusty 86 Corolla... it's time for a New Yugo!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Status Matche Across Multiple Airlines : Does Happen.

To begin with I am not sure if all the stated facts in this mail holds water, I would tell FTers as I was told by this young fortune 10 consultant (friend's daughter) about status matches.

She started travelling couple of months back and already has a status with US, DL (Gold) and AA (Plat). I was surprised when she told me about her elite status with all these airlines. Obviously like a true FTer I asked how did she manage that, her reply was "I just followed what my co-workers told me to do". First write to US Air and let them know about your travel plans, they would upgrade you to elite (takes about a month or so). Then when you get the elite card from US, mail a copy to DL and ask for a status match. DL matches Gold to her US elite status. Next copy the DL Gold card and repeat the process with AA. AA gave her Plat !!!!
She is a silver with NW (just by flying) and was asking me whether to stick with NW or move to AA. Like a true AA fan I told her to shift to AA (albeit a challenge as she flies out of DTW) and also asked her to get a AC membership.
Last I heard she is sticking with NW due to the non-stop options.

Anyway, I am not sure if all the things she told me holds water, but it is true that she is AA Plat (saw the card). So in my opinion Status Match across airlines do happen, however you have to play your cards right. The most interesting fact is that she became an US elite without flying a SINGLE flight. That really tells you volumes about that airline and its elite program.

Regards,
GRR_Flier
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, UA, CO, DL, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
This is the correct answer. The only posts that are valued are ones where people who post hundreds of times a week make sure everyone knows that other people's posts are wasting their extraordinarily valuable time.

Posts that involve questions, answers, speculation, or idle chatter about AA's frequent flier program are not valued. It's crucial that this point be made, thanks to all those who chime in.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by nako
Frankly, I don't believe it's so much harder to give the correct info - that AA status matches UA customers on an occasional basis - and point them to the status match master thread in MilesBuzz.
I'd also point out we've seen posts this year by AA FTers that have been comped through their employer's relationship with AA. Although the comped status may be on a limited, or even market-based basis, they're most certainly out there.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:48 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f9999
This is the correct answer. The only posts that are valued are ones where people who post hundreds of times a week make sure everyone knows that other people's posts are wasting their extraordinarily valuable time.

Posts that involve questions, answers, speculation, or idle chatter about AA's frequent flier program are not valued. It's crucial that this point be made, thanks to all those who chime in.
yeah, we get all kinds of time wasters around here....

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548854

Not that you'd know anything about that of course.

Last edited by HNL; Sep 26, 2006 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The only posts that are valued are ones where people who post hundreds of times a week make sure everyone knows that other people's posts are wasting their extraordinarily valuable time.
I didn't know this (but then I don't post hundreds of times a week).
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond

Posts like this?

I'll never be able to get back the 90 seconds of my life that were lost reading your posts in this thread.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM

Thank you for clearly and concisely expressing your views. You have evidentally put a lot of thought into this topic during the short time you have been with FT.

I am curious, though, into which category would you put your own post? It's not really a question, answer, speculation or idle chatter about AA's frequent flier program, so it seems it must be one of those valued posts that points out the follies of others. Or maybe we should add a third category for combatitive posts? It's just a thought.

Last edited by oklAAhoma; Sep 26, 2006 at 3:52 pm Reason: aesthetic reasons, spelling
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
The only posts that are valued are ones where people who post hundreds of times a week...
Are you counting single user post count, or cumulative post counts across all screen names?
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:26 pm

It is an interesting observation. I am just curious, how do y'all propose to shift the mood around here??

Last edited by DataPlumber; Sep 26, 2006 at 3:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.