Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
I'm Silver on Delta - does AA have any kind of status match?
yes, GM..... but you may want to look at stickies
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
I'm Silver on Delta - does AA have any kind of status match?
In lieu of a direct status match, AA offers "challenges" to GLD or PLT. There is a very long thread discussing the details.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat, US Air Silver, SPG Gold
AA status match with CO Plat?

CO plat (valid until 02/10) moving to Dallas . . . does AA match elite status? Any infos on procedure would be highly appreciated! Thanks and a happy New Year to all!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:24 pm

In general AA does not do a direct status match. You have to enter a "challenge". Search for the details or call AA.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wiki.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Elite Status Challenge

Most reports here have been that status matches are done through corporate travel agents. If you don't have one of those you'll likely not have any success.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: KL Plat, SN Gold, DL Plat, HH Diamond, IC Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle,
Match on status

Does anybody have any experience with a status match for AA. I'm Delta plat and KL plat but want to move my business to AA and oneworld. Would AA match my top tier status?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
No, they will not. They will offer a challenge for low- or mid-tier status. Check the sticky on challenges at the top. It's all in there.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by rlmk
Does anybody have any experience with a status match for AA. I'm Delta plat and KL plat but want to move my business to AA and oneworld. Would AA match my top tier status?
No, but you can do a challenge with one RT across the pond.
See http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...atus_Challenge

BTW, I love Arnhem...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock

BTW, I love Arnhem...
And the applicable fee.....
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamecock

BTW, I love Arnhem...
But not for top tier
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Recent Experiences? Status match for UA 1K

I've read all about the Challenges (the Wiki is great!) and understand that AA rarely does status matches. However, there seems to be some precedent for AA matching status for United 1K customers as an exception.

Does anyone have any recent experiences getting AA to match UA 1K status to either Platinum or EXP status?

For my own part, I did ring the AAdvantage general member line and they told me that they only do the challenges -- although the person I talked to was clearly reading a script and didn't know what a United 1K was.

If you have a positive (or negative, I guess!) recent experience as a UA 1K, I would love to hear about it and get some tips.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyP

Does anyone have any recent experiences getting AA to match UA 1K status to either Platinum or EXP status?
Whether someone has or hasn't will have very little bearing on whether you can get it to happen. I'm sure someone (not in a high corporate position) has gotten lucky with this sometime. Any thread that asks if anyone has ever had anything contrary to the rules happen always gets a "yes" from someone. And that has no bearing on whether someone else can get it to happen.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I've read all about the Challenges (the Wiki is great!) and understand that AA rarely does status matches. However, there seems to be some precedent for AA matching status for United 1K customers as an exception.

Unless your company has an agreement with AA for a match, I suspect your chances for this are near 0.

For my own part, I did ring the AAdvantage general member line and they told me that they only do the challenges -- although the person I talked to was clearly reading a script and didn't know what a United 1K was.

If you have a positive (or negative, I guess!) recent experience as a UA 1K, I would love to hear about it and get some tips.

Last edited by dstan; Jun 9, 2009 at 10:11 am Reason: fixed broken quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:30 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
I did. Called in, told them I wanted to go to AA and mentioned I was a CO Plat and 1k. They comped me to gold and signed me up for the Plt challenge ($150).

Don't if that counts as a comp but there it is FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.