Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:10 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This is a longstanding occasional problem, described in the master thread this is merged into; it dates back, here on FlyerTalk, to May 24, 05, 11:54 pm at least. Rather than leave this as another thread, it has been added to the existing one.

This "zero" period is out of synch with the usual Sunday night one and seems to be lasting longer, but it's pretty much the same pesky problem caused by significant software updates and batch processing.

AA Web Services indicates this outage was unplanned and caused by a major change implementation; they can not at this time say with any degree of definition how long this outage will last, but they are aware of it and working to fix it.

It's an inconvenience, not a crisis - no need to contact Web Services, they are fully aware, and we have posted an Announcement at the Forum masthead.

To search for this topic, use Advanced Search, search for thread titles with threads result, using term "zero" or "zeros".

Thanks to those who sent in a message to the moderators via the "Alert a Moderator to this post" feature (i.e., the triangle icon at the bottom left of every post)!

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 9, 2011 at 9:34 am Reason: update
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Everything is 0 in my account except the total in the upper right hand corner, which is 4k miles higher than last night. I hope means that a 4k AA Club Bing prize I redeemed on April 8 has finally posted .... tls
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Everything is basically zeroed out in my account as well except for:

Miles with Expiration Deferred Through May 2, 2011

Fortunately my AAndroid App. shows my actual miles...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:01 am

OMG AA TOOK AWAY ALL MY MILES I'M NEVER FLYING WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's good to know the Android app shows correct data - and weird, too. We will hope this doesn't persist too long - perhaps an indication there are changes coming to the counters and it's a touch trickier to implement? Speculation, but I remember when they announced SWU / eVIP were going to be reflected in our accounts - took a couple of years, as I recall.

================================================== ==========================

THAT'S the spirit! ^

Originally Posted by barelyelite
OMG AA TOOK AWAY ALL MY MILES I'M NEVER FLYING WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 9, 2011 at 9:54 am Reason: add post and reply to same
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
AA has decided to zero out the accounts of ONLY FT members. The "big announcement" will be an audit of all FT member's accounts and the forfeiture of all of their miles.

Last edited by iamthehpt; Jun 9, 2011 at 10:39 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
This just posted when I pulled up my summary:

Although your correct AAdvantage account balance is reflected upon logging in, some summary statements currently display inaccurate details. We're working to correct the issue and apologize for the inconvenience
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:11 am

I'm seeing
Although your correct AAdvantage account balance is reflected upon logging in, some summary statements currently display inaccurate details. We're working to correct the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Maybe it has something to do with this? AA eShopping posting with weird names?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
the iphone app is showing proper info as well.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:27 am

with my 4xxK of miles, I had to drink some medical stuff after seeing zeroes.
Then I opened Finnair Plus account thinking about switch to them.

Now I say- FT is THE first source to get any information from.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Apparently they are sending out a standard response and they do not understand the issue. My message to them was all the balances were zero, not for mileage credit.

Dear Mr. Deac83,

Thank you for writing to American Airlines and allowing us the
opportunity to address your concerns.

A monthly American Airlines AAdvantage / AA.com systems evaluation will
delay the appearance of mileage credit for a 3 - 4 day period.

Not to worry, the missing activity does appear within the AAdvantage
database. Only the AA.com "View My Miles" display is affected. We are
engineering a program to rectify this system limitation but the
implementation of this enhancement will not occur any time soon. Please
accept my apology and be assured that we are working very hard to
develop a web site that is everything you want and need.

Thanks for using American Airlines website, AA.com!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:46 am

I bet their phone lines are being inundated now with calls from panicking non-FT members.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
I'm guessing it was my fault for all those DFW/LAX RT's I took. Must have slowed the system down something fierce trying to calculate my bonus.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The forum header Announcement has been edited to reflect changes reported by tbrein, richardd and deac83. Thanks!

Now let's lynch Deltican - bring on the torches and pitchforks!

(When I called WS they said nothing about any "monthly systems evaluation" - they said it was an unexpected result from a major change.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.