Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Trying AA.com and just a blank page loads. Seems the mobile app is functioning.

Edit:
Ok, did some checking. I use MVP hosts file to filter out ad sites. Disabling that and I can get to AA.com. This is a very recent change by AA.com. I guess the ticket revenue is not enough for AA, they now want our click dollars.

Just glad I have a process to toggle the HOSTS file.
I directly edit (windows) C:/system/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts to eliminate a lot of ad crud - like ad.doubelclick.com by sending it to the loopback interface address. But no problems thus far with AA. Did you confirm the entry causing the issues with AA?

Originally Posted by JDiver
I've had no problems accessing aa.com today on my mobile, iPad nor a Windows PC. Maybe time to clear a cache?

These are best posted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
If I understand what the OP is asking, cache is not involved. But I may not have it right!
Old May 3, 2016, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I directly edit (windows) C:/system/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts to eliminate a lot of ad crud - like ad.doubelclick.com by sending it to the loopback interface address. But no problems thus far with AA. Did you confirm the entry causing the issues with AA?
There are two systems in the household. I reverted back to the default HOSTS file, was able to connect to AA.com, put back the MVP HOSTS file and was still able to connect. The other system was failing, brought back the default was able to connect, returned to the MVP file and was not.

There are hundreds of entries in the MVP file and I did not try to isolate the entry. I find more and more sites are demanding ads be presented before moving forward (i.e. CBS, Forbes, etc.). I guess there is good money to be made selling us to their marketers (ie. the AOL model).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GLD, Admiral Club
Advantage Account Zero'ed Out

I flew yesterday (Aug 1st) and this morning all my advantage miles are zero'ed out (progress bar, balance summary, SWUs, etc) and I get a message "Our system is having trouble. Please try again later".

Wonder if this has something to do with the new calculation for miles against revenue. Anyone else having the same issue?

Thank You.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Hook'Em
I flew yesterday (Aug 1st) and this morning all my advantage miles are zero'ed out (progress bar, balance summary, SWUs, etc) and I get a message "Our system is having trouble. Please try again later".

Wonder if this has something to do with the new calculation for miles against revenue. Anyone else having the same issue?
Mine shows up without a hitch. Probably just momentary IT issues; give it a few hours.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:24 am

Mine has been wiped out too. You're not alone.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
me too - nothing like a small heart attack to start the morning
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
Mine too, zeroed out. I also flew yesterday with a return this Thursday. I am guessing it has everything to do with the new mileage calculation.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Mine's good (and I did not fly yesterday).

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Aug 2, 2016 at 11:03 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Hook'Em

Thank You.
Same here, however no error message. I'll wait it out and see if it clears up.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
I flew yesterday but it was a redeye so it hasn't posted yet.

I will wait until tomorrow to see if my balance goes to zero like you all.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:49 am

As previously stated I am 'zeroed out' and I did fly yesterday so perhaps my profile is 'confused' due to the new calculations.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Very new calculations going on with the changes yesterday; I'd watch and wait for this glitch (others are also manifesting themselves today) to get fixed.

Mind you, if anyone affected wishes to call and report it to Web Services, that might occur sooner rather than later.

Call 800-222-2377 (within the U.S. and Canada)

Contact form link.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 2, 2016 at 10:03 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, AA account audits were associated with people apparently being locked out of accounts, so I think we can assume that this isn't the issue. However, seeing zero would tend to make some people worry.......especially if they've ever done anything questionable.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past, AA account audits were associated with people apparently being locked out of accounts, so I think we can assume that this isn't the issue. However, seeing zero would tend to make some people worry.......especially if they've ever done anything questionable.
Given several have reported the issue and the new algorithms and calculations supposed to process flights as of yesterday, that it appears only those who have flown since the new Award miles earning rules went into place and those with no flights in August seem to be unaffected, I don't think we're seeing account closures or locks from Corporate Security here.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Given several have reported the issue and the new algorithms and calculations supposed to process flights as of yesterday, that it appears only those who have flown since the new Award miles earning rules went into place and those with no flights in August seem to be unaffected, I don't think we're seeing account closures or locks from Corporate Security here.
No, I flew yesterday and I have 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.