Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Already in another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...unt-issue.html
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Already in another thread. Known issue from others, elite status also missing

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...unt-issue.html
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Already in another thread. Known issue from others, elite status also missing

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...unt-issue.html
Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks, I checked but missed that thread. Sorry for the repeat.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I had to call into reservations to make a seat change; the automated phone system didn't recognize my phone number, nor did it recognize my AAdvantage account number when I spoke it. The phone agent saw the same thing I did, though she did see my status reflected in the reservations. I just tried logging out and back in and now my miles and status have returned.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
it's just the welcome page that shows no miles and no status. When you click on "Your Account", all the accurate info is there.

I've been trying to check in for tomorrow's flight all day, but keep getting the "See an Agent at the Airport" message.

Someone needs to reboot the AS 400 in Dallas.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Everything's fine in my account. Must already be resolved OR this is one promo for which I'm glad I was not targeted!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
Everything's fine in my account. Must already be resolved OR this is one promo for which I'm glad I was not targeted!
I had the same problem, but it's now back to normal.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
it's just the welcome page that shows no miles and no status. When you click on "Your Account", all the accurate info is there.

I've been trying to check in for tomorrow's flight all day, but keep getting the "See an Agent at the Airport" message.

Someone needs to reboot the AS 400 in Dallas.
My "Your Account" page also showed the same thing - no miles and no status (though it's seemingly fixed now).
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We have merged the new threads into the existing one on this topic.

Search thread Titles only, return as threads, keywords account or zero. This has been lessened in recent years but still occurs during weekend account maintenance or / and batch processing.

/Moderator
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Upgrade stickers dissappeared

I had 6 stickers in my account. I just logged in to check if today's SJC/PHX flight is on time, and went to the wallet. It shows zero stickers available (should be 6). Activity shows that 12 were deposited and 6 used over the last year. Also, I put myself on the upgrade list for today's flight (just cause I like to see my name with a '24' next to it on a screen), and it let me check in, so obviously *some* system is aware that I have stickers available. It's showing zero in both the app and on the website.

Anyone else seeing a zero balance today? I will call AA when I head out in an hour and see if they know what's going on.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Often aa.com is wrong. If you were able to check in you should have the stickers, otherwise you would have been prompted to either buy them or take yourself off the list (risking your original Y seat assignment). If you are number 24 or so on the list again you really have little to worry about.
jcatman and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Called AA. Agent confirmed correct number of stickers in the account and told me that the website often undergoes maintenance on Fridays and is probably wrong.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by FlyinMike; Sep 28, 2018 at 3:46 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Red face

Friday, or more often Saturday, one’s account may zero out in various reporting functions. This has been so for many years, though it seems to occur with lesser frequency than before.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by FlyinMike
I had 6 stickers in my account. I just logged in to check if today's SJC/PHX flight is on time, and went to the wallet. It shows zero stickers available (should be 6). Activity shows that 12 were deposited and 6 used over the last year. Also, I put myself on the upgrade list for today's flight (just cause I like to see my name with a '24' next to it on a screen), and it let me check in, so obviously *some* system is aware that I have stickers available. It's showing zero in both the app and on the website.

Anyone else seeing a zero balance today? I will call AA when I head out in an hour and see if they know what's going on.
Happens all the tie. The stickers will be posted back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.