Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GLD 1MM, AA PLT 2MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Silver

I've noticed this happening every once in a while, and it happened again right now tonight.

I logged on AA.com to see if my recent activity posted, and when I went to 'View My Miles', it's showing zeros! No errors or 'updating' messages, just zero miles, zero points, zero everything! The only thing left is the EXP status!

Now, I know it's just a glitch, maybe some kind of midnight batch update thing, but with the discontinuation of paper statements, boy does that wake you up... It's gone, all gone!!

Sami

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reason: remove mod note
Old May 25, 2005, 3:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Probably just routine maintenance. We see posts every few weeks with someone surprised that they've dropped down to a zero balance, but everything is restored within a few hours. Really nothing to worry about.
Old May 25, 2005, 9:18 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The Mods ought to make this explanation a sticky. Inevitably, somebody posts this question every month.
Old May 25, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
aadvantage maintenance

the view my miles page states that the monthly account update is being performed , i believe in nice red letters, so its visible. where the current month rolls to previous month, and to check back later this takes a day or 2 usually......
Old May 25, 2005, 2:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation JAppelbee has got it...

You got it! And it happens usually Tuesday or Wednesday nights, and Saturday nights - or all weekend some times. Someone gets so shocked they fitler out the message you read and immedieately come here and ask WHERE have MY MILES gone?

Welcome!

Originally Posted by JAppelbee
the view my miles page states that the monthly account update is being performed , i believe in nice red letters, so its visible. where the current month rolls to previous month, and to check back later this takes a day or 2 usually......
Old May 25, 2005, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAppelbee
Uh, no. That's what NORMALLY shows when they're doing the processing.

Last night there were no error message or 'account update being performed'. Just zeros.

And JDiver, as I said in my original post 'I know it's just a glitch'. I was making a joke, and not panicking where have my miles gone. Serves me right for being too subtle, I guess.

I need bigger smileys.

Sami
Old May 25, 2005, 3:29 pm

Sam, please do not personalize what I said - there are plenty of posters who DO panic and run over here to post the "WHERE have MY MILES gone?" thing. I was not referring to you (didn't your mom tell you "it's not always about you?" There's your big smiley, and a 100% bonus smiley! )

Last night they did a run - my Sunday flights showed up then (but my Thursday flights showed up Monday morning when I looked - the weekend run was a lengthy one.)

Take care,

Originally Posted by sam123
Uh, no. That's what NORMALLY shows when they're doing the processing.

Last night there were no error message or 'account update being performed'. Just zeros.

And JDiver, as I said in my original post 'I know it's just a glitch'. I was making a joke, and not panicking where have my miles gone. Serves me right for being too subtle, I guess.

I need bigger smileys.

Sami

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 12, 2009 at 8:22 pm
Old May 25, 2005, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Sam, please do not personalize what I said - there are plenty of posters who DO panick and run over here to post the "WHERE have MY MILES gone?" thing. I was not referring to you (didn't your mom tell you "it's not always baout you?" There's your big smiley, and a 100% bonus smiley! )
But I want it to be about me!
Old May 25, 2005, 4:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sam123
But I want it to be about me!
Oh sure, until they start handing out the SSSS. Then you want it to be about someone else .

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2005, 4:12 pm

ROTFLMAO! Agreed - nobody wants that.

Now, uh, where DID my miles go?

Originally Posted by brp
Oh sure, until they start handing out the SSSS. Then you want it to be about someone else .

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2005, 4:17 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver

Now, uh, where DID my miles go?
Wasn't that that cheesy movie of a couple years back "Dude, where's my miles?"

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Eden Martinez might be able to help you. I think that's his name.
He screwed up our upgrades once because someone in my familiy was selling miles. Got the miles unfrozen and then some. Of course, none of the "then some" came from Eden.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:14 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Mileage Summary - All Zeros ????

Edited due to other member responses.

Last edited by freeupgrade; Sep 8, 2006 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Yikes - what is going on. I went to View My Miles, and summary comes up all zeros????? No segments, nada.

first chill out

then do a search

you have been here long enough to know this has probably happened before and it was probably discussed numerous times......
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The monthly thread ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.