Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
And the beat goes on...

Cheers.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PlatPro - 1mm, Bonvoy Titanium
The answer is that they're computing your statement. Everything is fine. It will return to normal in a day or two.
It's the systems monthly
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:11 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by georgehf
The answer is that they're computing your statement. Everything is fine. It will return to normal in a day or two.
It's the systems monthly
But mine were FINE today ....

System Monthly normally happens (I thought) for everyone a few days before the end of the month (like over the last weekend of the month).

This is NOT really the end of the month .. it is 9/8 ... mine went zeros on about the 28th Aug.

Do ALL AAMembers run at the same time .. or are the month-end cycles different for different name/numbers/location???
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by georgehf
It's the systems monthly
The answer is *not* that they're computing your statement - they did that two weeks ago and at least these days they put up a different page that says "no worries, we're computing your statement". They forgot to add "we expect to buy some computers and train people to use them as soon as we return to profitability so we can compute your statement in less than three days." But never mind, it's a general problem and they'll fix it in the next few days. The little box on aa.com (before you ask for details) shows that your miles are still there.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, National Executive
Earlier this morning all of my miles were there, then they went to zero, and now they are back! No worries....
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:49 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by andrzej
first chill out

then do a search

you have been here long enough to know this has probably happened before and it was probably discussed numerous times......

What a downright rude and unnecessary response.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
What a downright rude and unnecessary response.

wasn't meant to be rude, but let's be realistic....

You are a 3MMer and this has never happened to you before???
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Anyone have their AAdvantage acct. reset to all zeros?

Just looked at my AAdvantage account and saw that everything, lifetime miles included, had reset to zero! Not sure if this had anything to do with the fact that I purchased 40k and transfered 25k SPG points this afternoon, or if it's just a routine computer glitch, or what.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Man, looks like I have to start from scratch. All gone!

Guess it is just a glitch.

on the aa.com page, if logged in, it displays everything right.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
The clue:

"Your January 2009 mileage summary is temporarily unavailable. We are sorry for the inconvenience – please check back again later. "
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:43 pm

Nada here
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
The clue:

"Your January 2009 mileage summary is temporarily unavailable. We are sorry for the inconvenience – please check back again later. "
Mine didn't have that when I first looked, but I'm seeing it now. Wonder if they started getting a lot of frantic calls in the last 30min about this and figured they'd better put up a warning.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JumboD
Mine didn't have that when I first looked, but I'm seeing it now. Wonder if they started getting a lot of frantic calls in the last 30min about this and figured they'd better put up a warning.
Especially if anyone looked at the previous months' summaries and noticed those are all set to 0 as well.

Come to think of it, it is kind of spooky to see it like that. It's almost as if I never existed!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JumboD
The line about "your e summary is being processed" has been around for a while, if I remember correctly, although I've never seen all of the numbers zeroed out.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by captaink
The line about "your e summary is being processed" has been around for a while, if I remember correctly, although I've never seen all of the numbers zeroed out.
Exactly. In fact, even during processing most of the numbers are still in tact. And it says what's up in huge orange letters, not a tiny black and white box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.