Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
So I logged in this morning to check if my Citi AA Card miles finally posted, and found I have a balance of 0 miles on my homepage. Eeek! Once I clicked on "my account" I saw the correct balance. Took a screenshot just in case.

Has anyone else noticed that all their miles are missing?
Yes, on and off for months. There's a thread in the pre-merger AA about issues with the website like his....
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its a system glitch AA is aware of. Miles are safe they say
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Don't worry, I put them all to good use!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Microwave
Don't worry, I put them all to good use!
Hope you enjoy them!

Seriously, thanks for putting me at ease. Now if I could just get those credit miles to post...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
So I logged in this morning to check if my Citi AA Card miles finally posted, and found I have a balance of 0 miles on my homepage. Eeek! Once I clicked on "my account" I saw the correct balance. Took a screenshot just in case.

Has anyone else noticed that all their miles are missing?
AAdvantage – My aa.com account is showing zeros! – AA still processes some things in batches, and you may experience a few hours (or if it is the first Saturday of the month, as far as Monday,) where you can not read your account detail. It has been so for years. Situation normal. You're good.

This happens nearly every weekend.

Added to a wikipost and now this is the 2014 master thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 4, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:55 am

Mileage Balance: 0

Mods, I'm positive this is a hiccup from the merging process, but feel free to move to the pre-merger AA thread if you prefer.

Logged in to AA and saw Mileage Balance: 0 on the front screen. Clicking through to "My Account" there is a line that says "Total Available Award Mileage" and the correct amount, but the front screen says 0. My US Air balance is as it should be.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm inclined to give it a couple of days to sort itself out before I call in, but maybe that's a bad idea?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I'm positive this is a hiccup from the merging process
Well, you may have been positive, but as you can see from how far back (2005) this thread goes, this is absolutely nothing new, and in fact predates the first hint of a merger by many years.

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Anyone else having this issue? I'm inclined to give it a couple of days to sort itself out before I call in, but maybe that's a bad idea?
Read above to find out about past issues, but in general, since this is such a recurring issue, and it always sorts itself out, I wouldn't worry about waiting.

Since you see the correct balance on one screen, what's the big worry about it not showing correctly on another screen? But if you want to reassure yourself more, call in to the automated voice-activated AA phone system and check your balance there, and I'm sure it'll be correct there.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Showing zero right now . . .
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 1MM
Showing Zero on home page and internally

Originally Posted by josephstern
Showing zero right now . . .
My account is also showing zero on the home screen and on the "My Account" page it says that I have been a member since "August 21, 2015" (today) and have zero miles or historic activity despite flying this week and having been a member for over 20 years with lifetime elite status and a pile of miles.

Got through to AA Web Services (offshore), who were unable to locate information about my account (despite my being able to log in). They placed me me on hold and returned to advise that there is a system problem that they are working on.

They would not predict when it would be resolved.

P.S. Spouse's account displays fine, so this is not impacting everyone
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:22 pm

They're in the "drain down" period integrating US' Shares data into AA Sabre. We're nearly at the weekend, when batch processing makes miles reports flip to zeroes.

Why not check Monday or Tuesday instead of worrying at this point, particularly when this is a frequently repeating phenomenon and we know Aug-Sep is the time they're working on various parts of the system to prepare for full data migration?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:23 pm

Automated voice system mileage balance also zero

Just to add...

Automated voice system also states mileage balance as "Zero" (was in 6 figures yesterday), so this issue seems to go beyond the website and differs from previously mentioned problems in this thread.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
They're in the "drain down" period integrating US' Shares data into AA Sabre. We're nearly at the weekend, when batch processing makes miles reports flip to zeroes.

Why not check Monday or Tuesday instead of worrying at this point, particularly when this is a frequently repeating phenomenon and we know Aug-Sep is the time they're working on various parts of the system to prepare for full data migration?

Good advice and I'll happy take it. Thanks for the historic perspective and enjoy the weekend.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine's back.

When it was out, my AA iPhone app was still showing the correct balance, FWIW.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Trying AA.com and just a blank page loads. Seems the mobile app is functioning.

Edit:
Ok, did some checking. I use MVP hosts file to filter out ad sites. Disabling that and I can get to AA.com. This is a very recent change by AA.com. I guess the ticket revenue is not enough for AA, they now want our click dollars.

Just glad I have a process to toggle the HOSTS file.

Last edited by RogerD408; May 2, 2016 at 9:54 am
Old May 2, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Trying AA.com and just a blank page loads. Seems the mobile app is functioning.

Edit:
Ok, did some checking. I use MVP hosts file to filter out ad sites. Disabling that and I can get to AA.com. This is a very recent change by AA.com. I guess the ticket revenue is not enough for AA, they now want our click dollars.

Just glad I have a process to toggle the HOSTS file.
I've had no problems accessing aa.com today on my mobile, iPad nor a Windows PC. Maybe time to clear a cache?

These are best posted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by JDiver; May 2, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.