Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m flying LHR-AMS-LHR-DFW in F (LHR-AMS-LHR B2B) this week. All booked on a BA ticket but TATL flights are on AA metal. Sorry to probably ask a question that’s already been asked, but:

1. Will I have access to the CCR prior to my first flight to AMS (based upon my F boarding pass, which is a BA ticket on an AA flight later that day)?

and

2. On returning to LHR, I have 5 hours before departing to DFW. Will I have access to the CCR before heading to T3 for my flight?

Neither of these are show stoppers - I’d just like to save myself the hassle of being refused entry.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You can’t access t5 departures when your flight is from t3 so the answer to q2 is no. The answer to q1 should be no too but you might get lucky (unlikely).
Tredders likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You can’t access t5 departures when your flight is from t3 so the answer to q2 is no. The answer to q1 should be no too but you might get lucky (unlikely).
I have been able to access T3 with a T5 departure. Had an 8-hour layover due to a schedule change and the agent let us in to use lounges. So they can do it.

T5 seems more strict, though, so I'd expect it to be less likely there than at T3.

Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brp
I have been able to access T3 with a T5 departure. Had an 8-hour layover due to a schedule change and the agent let us in to use lounges. So they can do it.

T5 seems more strict, though, so I'd expect it to be less likely there than at T3.

Cheers.
you can access t3 with a t5 departure; you can’t access t5 with a t3 departure. Lots of threads with details on the Ba forum…
JJeffrey, MaxFlyer and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tredders
I’m flying LHR-AMS-LHR-DFW in F (LHR-AMS-LHR B2B) this week. All booked on a BA ticket but TATL flights are on AA metal. Sorry to probably ask a question that’s already been asked, but:

1. Will I have access to the CCR prior to my first flight to AMS (based upon my F boarding pass, which is a BA ticket on an AA flight later that day)?

and

2. On returning to LHR, I have 5 hours before departing to DFW. Will I have access to the CCR before heading to T3 for my flight?

Neither of these are show stoppers - I’d just like to save myself the hassle of being refused entry.

Thanks in advance.
Just a data point on this - I was able to access the CCR this morning, with my AA T3 boarding pass. I was asked for all of my boarding passes (LHR-AMS, AMS-LHR & LHR-DFW) and once checked, I was allowed in.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Just a data point on this - I was able to access the CCR this morning, with my AA T3 boarding pass. I was asked for all of my boarding passes (LHR-AMS, AMS-LHR & LHR-DFW) and once checked, I was allowed in.
Nice. I’d assume that you won’t have the ability to access during the return as you’d have to either go through flight connections or border control.

Your situation is a bit unique, but I think the key point is that the CCR is still accepting AA F tickets for entry.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I think the key point is that the CCR is still accepting AA F tickets for entry.
Yes - the "who can access?" sign outside the CCR simply said BA First Class, AA First Class. The rules seem, erm, inconsistent 😃
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Yes - the "who can access?" sign outside the CCR simply said BA First Class, AA First Class. The rules seem, erm, inconsistent 😃
Just noticed the sign yesterday with "American Flagship First"

KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I have a DFW-LHR-DXB itin booked in J through BA with the DFW-LHR flight marketed by BA but operated by AA. At DFW I was successful in using an AA SWU to upgrade the AA segment to F; I’m still in J LHR-DXB.

After arriving at T3, I made my way over to T5 (not that it matters, but I cleared immigration at T5 and made my way back in through the F wing). I then went to the Concourse Lounge to inquire about access and was allowed right in.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First
On 10/3 I had no trouble accessing the Concorde Room after flying DFW-LHR in AA F (connecting to ATH in T5 in J.)

The food and drinks are still scaled down significantly from pre-COVID in the BA first lounge, so it was nice to have the fuller experience (with the ole’ BA lounge burger and a glass of Johnny Walker Blue) in the Concorde Room.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by theYipster
On 10/3 I had no trouble accessing the Concorde Room after flying DFW-LHR in AA F (connecting to ATH in T5 in J.)

The food and drinks are still scaled down significantly from pre-COVID in the BA first lounge, so it was nice to have the fuller experience (with the ole’ BA lounge burger and a glass of Johnny Walker Blue) in the Concorde Room.
I was not impressed with the burger today
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
HI All,

So, what is the current 2023 policy on Concorde Lounge access? I am arriving on AA F (from DFW) and connecting on BA J (in a flight that has no F). I am ticketed AA. I am also OW Emerald (yes, no bearing on Concorde Lounge, but a data point).

Thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by panjabi
HI All,

So, what is the current 2023 policy on Concorde Lounge access? I am arriving on AA F (from DFW) and connecting on BA J (in a flight that has no F). I am ticketed AA. I am also OW Emerald (yes, no bearing on Concorde Lounge, but a data point).

Thank you!
I don't think anything has changed in the past few months, arriving off AA F connecting to BA J you should hopefully have no problem accessing the CCR.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I don't think anything has changed in the past few months, arriving off AA F connecting to BA J you should hopefully have no problem accessing the CCR.
Assuming the connnecting BA flight is departing T5. Some go out of T3 I believe.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
While there was some furious typing into the terminal console and some raised frown lines as she scanned the rules and a general hum of "tsk tsk", the DragonPersonlet me in. Thank you all for your help!
ryanbriar likes this.

Last edited by panjabi; Jan 16, 2023 at 9:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.