Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I don't think it was the case pre-covid, but as things were restarting AA operated out of T5 for all flights, IIRC, and then for JFK flights even after T3 reopened for some time. During that period, CCR access was included for AA F pax. If they have rescinded that, the OW site has not caught up. Of course, with all AA flights out of T3 now, the only way an AA customer could get to T5 would be a connection to BA rather than onward travel in F, but I'm pretty sure arriving BA F customers connecting have CCR access, so I'd hope AA F customers would as well.
You are correct that inbound connecting BA F passengers have CCR access and that has also applied to AA F post move back to T3 (i.e., the OW lounge finder is up to date). Similar to the Chelsea lounge, agents seem to be very quick to deny if you are either not on a clear-cut itinerary or aren’t quick to point out the rules with support.
Madison Guy and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Flying out of Terminal 3 in AA F. Is there a way to get to T5 to access the Concorde lounge? No connections, flying out of London.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazieman
Flying out of Terminal 3 in AA F. Is there a way to get to T5 to access the Concorde lounge? No connections, flying out of London.
Theoretically, with a lot of difficulty and finding agents willing to help you, but it's not worth the hassle. Just use Cathay Pacific First Lounge.
Markie and TWA884 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Theoretically, with a lot of difficulty and finding agents willing to help you, but it's not worth the hassle. Just use Cathay Pacific First Lounge.
I think the Concorde dining section of the BA lounge offers the same menu and maybe even much of the same booze as the full CCR (pretty sure they at least have the Cuvee Louise).
I'm not sure how that would compare to the CX F lounge these days, but the current CCR dining menu is pretty good.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by krazieman
Exactly. It is so much not worth the effort.
Markie, ESpen36 and jediwisdom like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think the Concorde dining section of the BA lounge offers the same menu and maybe even much of the same booze as the full CCR (pretty sure they at least have the Cuvee Louise).
I'm not sure how that would compare to the CX F lounge these days, but the current CCR dining menu is pretty good.
Exactly. BA now has a mini CCR in T3 so trying to go over to T5 is totally pointless now.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Exactly. BA now has a mini CCR in T3 so trying to go over to T5 is totally pointless now.
You make it sound like there actually was a point before
spanishflea likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
theoretically the answer to the question is no. You cannot go in to the airside departures area in T5 without a bp for a T5 departing flight.

edit: to add some more detail, you can effectively enter other terminals when coming from flight connections without a bp for that terminal, so those landing at T3 and supposed to be departing T5 have gone thro flight connections at T3 and used the lounges there before going to T5. you can't do it the other way around tho, T5 has a Ready to Fly system unlike the other terminals and you quite simply cannot enter T5 airside departures without a T5 bp. so for the OP's scenario the T5 lounges are not accessible.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 1, 2024 at 1:06 am
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
Exactly. It is so much not worth the effort.
Ended up going to First Dining. Menu is surprisingly very small. Good alcohol selection though.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:23 pm

As CK we have easy access into "the real" CCR for departures.
But T5 arrivals lounge has a small "Concorde Breakfast Room" Has anyone been successful in entering here with your ConciergeKey credentials and a ClubWorld ticket? I ask because when I departed from T3, i had to do a little back and forth with the confused BA Lounge person (there is a secret 'miniCCR' in T3 as well).
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CK2023
But T5 arrivals lounge has a small "Concorde Breakfast Room" Has anyone been successful in entering here with your ConciergeKey credentials and a ClubWorld ticket? I ask because when I departed from T3, i had to do a little back and forth with the confused BA Lounge person (there is a secret 'miniCCR' in T3 as well).
not sure how you got access to the mini ccr in t3 if you weren’t in first. The entrance policy is F on Ba/aa/JAL or GGL/prem. there is no access for CK.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:18 pm

but how about the Concorde breakfast room in the arrivals lounge? Same policy as mini CCR?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by CK2023

no issues. Fantastic mini CCR breakfast shower and iron service for this CK member.

cheers.
ryanbriar and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.