FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Concorde Room Access with AA F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2070485-concorde-room-access-aa-f.html)

brewdog11 Mar 1, 2022 9:05 pm

Concorde Room Access with AA F

I understand that passengers in First Class on American Airlines' LHR-JFK flight get Concorde Room access since the flight leaves from T5 at LHR.

However, do F pax get access to the CCR for their LHR connection when flying US-LHR-onward in AA F?

Thanks

FlyerBeek Mar 2, 2022 5:31 am

I have no recent firsthand experience, but my understanding is that CCR access is only for departing (not arriving) AA F pax. Seems to have been confirmed in this somewhat recent post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33830500-post69.html

You should have access to the T5 BA F lounge as a connecting OW F passenger (and, of course, EXP/OWE). Honestly, they're not much different (admittedly, I haven't been in the CCR since before COVID).

-FlyerBeek

dave_261 Mar 2, 2022 5:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 34038195)
Honestly, they're not much different (admittedly, I haven't been in the CCR since before COVID).

-FlyerBeek

Data point from a few days ago... BA Galleries First was jammed, while CCR was mostly empty and very civilized.

FlyerBeek Mar 2, 2022 5:35 am

Originally Posted by dave_261 (Post 34038200)
Data point from a few days ago... BA Galleries First was jammed, while CCR was mostly empty and very civilized.

Fair enough. Thanks for the recent DP. Unfortunately, I still don't think the OP will be able to access the CCR.

-FlyerBeek

JJeffrey Mar 2, 2022 6:05 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11 (Post 34037514)
I understand that passengers in First Class on American Airlines' LHR-JFK flight get Concorde Room access since the flight leaves from T5 at LHR.

However, do F pax get access to the CCR for their LHR connection when flying US-LHR-onward in AA F?

Thanks

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 34038195)
I have no recent firsthand experience, but my understanding is that CCR access is only for departing (not arriving) AA F pax. Seems to have been confirmed in this somewhat recent post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33830500-post69.html

You should have access to the T5 BA F lounge as a connecting OW F passenger (and, of course, EXP/OWE). Honestly, they're not much different (admittedly, I haven't been in the CCR since before COVID).

But there's an even more recent data point of a poster having no problem accessing CCR after arriving on AA F connecting to a BA shorthaul flight.

AFAIK, if you are flying AA F from LHR-JFK, or JFK-LHR-XXX then you shouldn't have any problem accessing CCR.

The denials and confusion seem to be folks connecting through LHR from origins other than JFK. Presumably CCR access will be updated to include LAX, DFW, MIA once these flights start to use T5 later this year.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...benefit-6.html

UKtravelbear Mar 2, 2022 6:45 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11 (Post 34037514)

Thanks

Yes flying AA f ex T5 can use the CCR

Where is your second flight to?

b74l Mar 2, 2022 8:36 am

Ok..I am in the Concorde lounge now and I just chatted with the check in agent about this. Here is their policy:

if you are arriving LHR term 3 on AA first class, then departing terminal 5, you will be able to access Concorde lounge.

if you are arriving terminal 5, then departing AA first class terminal 3, then ‘in theory’ you would have Concorde lounge access, but you will not be able to access terminal 5 when connecting btwn arriving flt term 5 to departing flt term 3. However if your AA first class flight IS departing from terminal 5, then you will be able to access inside term 5 departures, and therefore access the Concorde lounge.

Bottom line, an inbound or outbound flight on AA first will be able to access Concorde lounge, as long as you hv access to terminal 5 departures

Markie Mar 2, 2022 11:44 pm

Just to say that I am travelling AA F today and was denied at check-in and at CCR.
Told only Concierge Key admitted to CCR.
Once I produced by GGL card I was admitted.

b74l Mar 2, 2022 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 34040910)
Just to say that I am travelling AA F today and was denied at check-in and at CCR.

Thx a lot for the feedback. I sure hope what I earlier reported was not an ‘it depends on the lounge check-in agent’ deal. I was there yesterday having flown into LHR on BA metal first. However I hv 2 AA first to Europe via LHR in the coming weeks, so I’ll report back what also I experience.

Also, the BA website has these rules for Concorde lounge entry..and notably missing is flying oneworld partner dedicated first class. “The Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and JFK Terminal 7 are available for passengers who are:
  • flying on a scheduled British Airways flight in First
All lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.”

Markie Mar 3, 2022 12:15 am

Originally Posted by b74l (Post 34040927)
Also, the BA website has these rules for Concorde lounge entry..and notably missing is flying oneworld partner dedicated first class. “The Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and JFK Terminal 7 are available for passengers who are:

Except my flight was an AA flight and so that explains the (initial) denial.

JJeffrey Mar 3, 2022 4:58 am

Originally Posted by b74l (Post 34040927)

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 34040953)
Except my flight was an AA flight and so that explains the (initial) denial.

The BA website will only list the BA flights that will get you access. This shouldn't be considered all inclusive.

Kinda like how the AA website for Flagship Dining just lists the AA options for access and makes no mention of the other carrier options like CX F (JFK) or BA F (MIA, DFW).

Markie, just to be clear, you were flying AA F to JFK?

ijgordon Mar 3, 2022 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 34040910)

Presumably you were flying AA F on LHR-JFK from T5? (How else would you have gained access?) It's been pretty well-established that F on AA's LHR-JFK flights get CCR access, so it seems distinctly against policy for them to have denied you.

b74l Mar 3, 2022 9:05 am

I will be again flying BA metal first next week. So I am going to provide another first hand report. I am going to walk up and while ‘I am searching’ for my boarding pass, I will advise that I am flying AA first (from T5)..just to see the reaction. Then we’ll know straight away the policy.

danger Mar 17, 2022 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by b74l (Post 34041954)
I will be again flying BA metal first next week. So I am going to provide another first hand report. I am going to walk up and while ‘I am searching’ for my boarding pass, I will advise that I am flying AA first (from T5)..just to see the reaction. Then we’ll know straight away the policy.

Do you have an update?

A couple of days ago I received the following response from BA with respect to CCR access at T5:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...81ac60f8ca.jpg

The _Banking_Scot Mar 18, 2022 7:44 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 34085294)
Do you have an update?

A couple of days ago I received the following response from BA with respect to CCR access at T5:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...81ac60f8ca.jpg

Hi,

I think the BA advice is wrong . From the BA forum, IIRC it is clear that AA F pax leaving from T5 do have CCR access ( would not be the first time that the BA helpdesk is incorrect)

Regards

TBS