Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by st530
Would be good to get more reports. I have DFW-LHR-EDI in September on AA F for the DFW-LHR leg (LHR-EDI is in Y, but I assume J v Y on connecting leg doesn't matter for purposes of access to CCR).
See what happens between now and then, but if it goes the way my trip went two weeks ago, you will be met with heavy resistance, and that was a couple of weeks after the T3 move. I’d also check the OW lounge finder for the access rules and have that handy should it still indicate AA F has access. That said, the CCR staff could then say no dice on an inbound AA flight.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
From the BA website today.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mation/lounges

Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by g1ant
But "flying" doesn't specify departure vs arrival/connection.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
But "flying" doesn't specify departure vs arrival/connection.
Yes. They’re not really being helpful by being vague. That said, in BA F, you’ve always gotten in departing or arriving. So it makes sense that it would be the same for AA. HOWEVER…departing on AA won’t even get you into T5 at all. So by process of elimination, you can only access when arriving on AA.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Yes. They’re not really being helpful by being vague. That said, in BA F, you’ve always gotten in departing or arriving. So it makes sense that it would be the same for AA. HOWEVER…departing on AA won’t even get you into T5 at all. So by process of elimination, you can only access when arriving on AA.
And technically you are never flying “same day” if you arrive overnight from the US. So could you be refused lounge access for an onward flight?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by g1ant
And technically you are never flying “same day” if you arrive overnight from the US. So could you be refused lounge access for an onward flight?
No. That’s allowed. There have been people refused entry for pretty spurious reasons. But that’s never been one.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Data point today. Arrived in F on AA metal into T3, connected to T5 for an onward BA flight in Europe. At the Concord room desk my BP was scanned and got a big red X. Produced by F boarding pass and was told clearly 'absolutely no access for AA inbound F passengers'. Discussed pleasantly the public websites and Oneworld policy. The agent got three supervisors involved and came back with "Outbound F only" and "AA was only listed because they departed T5 previously. Since that has changed, AA passengers no longer have access to Concord room." The agent asked three different supervisors "and got to the bottom of it" with a polite, absolute NO.

Then they let me in to be nice.

V
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by voweffekt
Data point today. Arrived in F on AA metal into T3, connected to T5 for an onward BA flight in Europe. At the Concord room desk my BP was scanned and got a big red X. Produced by F boarding pass and was told clearly 'absolutely no access for AA inbound F passengers'. Discussed pleasantly the public websites and Oneworld policy. The agent got three supervisors involved and came back with "Outbound F only" and "AA was only listed because they departed T5 previously. Since that has changed, AA passengers no longer have access to Concord room." The agent asked three different supervisors "and got to the bottom of it" with a polite, absolute NO.

Then they let me in to be nice.

V
Interesting, I had a similar connection a couple weeks ago (after the terminal change), arriving in AA F and departing on a separately booked BA Y ticket.

Was let into the CCR without pushback upon showing the inbound BP.
st530 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
So if I’m arriving in AAF (Term 3) and connecting to BA Y (Term 5), what are my options (if any) if rejected at the CCR? Is it worth going back to the T3 AA arrivals lounge? (I have a 3-hour layover from 625 to 925 am.)

What’s also troubling to me is I have no OW status and the BA flight is Y, so the BA BP will get me nothing; I’m entirely reliant on the incoming AA F BP, so if that’s not good enough for CCR (on grounds that im an arriving AA F passenger, not a departing one), why would it be good enough for any other BA lounge?

Thanks for any tips.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
So if I’m arriving in AAF (Term 3) and connecting to BA Y (Term 5), what are my options (if any) if rejected at the CCR? Is it worth going back to the T3 AA arrivals lounge? (I have a 3-hour layover from 625 to 925 am.)

What’s also troubling to me is I have no OW status and the BA flight is Y, so the BA BP will get me nothing; I’m entirely reliant on the incoming AA F BP, so if that’s not good enough for CCR (on grounds that im an arriving AA F passenger, not a departing one), why would it be good enough for any other BA lounge?

Thanks for any tips.
If you can’t get into CCR you could try the first lounge opposite? But based on the above post I would try CCR
st530 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Wondering the same as some of the above mentioned
Flying Lax-Lhr paid Biz and swu to FC then onward to Madrid on BA in Biz

would be nice to use the CCR during our 4 hour layover in T5
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
If you're in AA FC inbound there should be no quibbles about getting into the Galleries First lounge next door regardless of your onward class of service. The CCR is a bit nicer but it's not worth losing your mind over if you get rejected, bar the potential embarrassment. The Galleries First is still a very decent lounge...
st530 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Fraser
If you're in AA FC inbound there should be no quibbles about getting into the Galleries First lounge next door regardless of your onward class of service. The CCR is a bit nicer but it's not worth losing your mind over if you get rejected, bar the potential embarrassment. The Galleries First is still a very decent lounge...
Right as an Ex Plat been in many times. It’s been really crowded the last year but maybe now that many AA flights moved out back to T3 it’s better. In April I had to wait about 10 min to find a seat
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fraser
Except that it is almost always packed full.
asnovici likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:28 am

So to close the loop (at least on my inquiry), I was just now granted access to the CCR by showing my inbound DFW-LHR F BP. The agent also asked where my next destination was (EDI), then asked for that BP also (which made me a bit skeptical since it’s Y), then asked me when I arrived and I said “Just landed”. She then waved me in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.