Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is a dedicated post on this subject a few posts down this page

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Spouse flew out today from LHR in F to DFW. Readily admitted to the Concorde Room.

Said the champagne was trash.
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Spouse flew out today from LHR in F to DFW. Readily admitted to the Concorde Room.

Said the champagne was trash.
what was the champagne?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Donsyb
what was the champagne?
She didn't know.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
She didn't know.
LPGS

The real champagne toss up is what is served on board. When I flew LHR-JFK in November (a week before “real” service returned), they catered Palmes D’or, which was a nice surprise and a good continuation from LPGS, even if it was served out of a plastic cup.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
LPGS

The real champagne toss up is what is served on board. When I flew LHR-JFK in November (a week before “real” service returned), they catered Palmes D’or, which was a nice surprise and a good continuation from LPGS, even if it was served out of a plastic cup.
was it LPGS though, if it was “trash” as described??
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Some people just have a more sophisticated palate.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Had no problem accessing the CCR when flying AA F this week. I had access by both AA class of travel and BA status, but the screen still threw up a red X when my BP was scanned. The agent overrode it without comment. I’ve had the same in the last few months when accessing via status and flying BA J.

The “champagne was trash” comment did make me smile. Wine is always subjective and LPGS isn’t to everyone’s taste, but on a reasonably objective level is hard to deny it’s fairly high quality stuff. If the lounge user in question had Rosé, it would be LP but not LPGS. Still a fairly decent pink fizz.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by samfrost93
Hello all,
I'm flying on a BA ticket on AA First next week to Dallas. Will I get access to the LHR Concorde Room? I've seen conflicting information. I flew back in December to JFK AA First and got access, so I would assume it's the same situation?
Thanks in advance!
Is your flight out of T5? If so, they will probably give you access. I had no problem accessing the CCR on an AA F award ticket on both JFK-LHR and LHR-JFK segments.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:43 am

It wasn't LPGS (even though I told her to specifically ask for it).

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The “champagne was trash” comment did make me smile. Wine is always subjective and LPGS isn’t to everyone’s taste, but on a reasonably objective level is hard to deny it’s fairly high quality stuff. If the lounge user in question had Rosé, it would be LP but not LPGS. Still a fairly decent pink fizz.
It was apparently the Rosé. She knows good champagne pretty well, but didn't care for the Rosé.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Safely ensconced in the CCR right next to the nose cone. AA agent in First Wing even asked if I was familiar with the terminal and if I knew where the CCR was. No issues with the lounge agent. All very smooth. Maybe with all the AA flights recently moved to T5, the policy is a bit clearer.
wrp96, Donsyb and samfrost93 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
She didn't know.
I'm intrigued. How can she pass judgement if she did not know? You must realise that there is practically a cult about LPGS. This is because it comes with a high price tag and a fancy bottle. Now, I enjoy it but I would never give it house room unless it was a gift. Champagne does not last long in my house it has to be said. I do not know a single person in France who drinks it as one can get far better at a far more modest cost - but trash it is not. Anything but. I was raised in the Champagne region and I was lucky that the Papa of one of my classmates was Someone Important at Perrier Jouet so I learned about Champagne.

I really do not comprehend the fuss over these blessed Lounges - but my view is this. If American accord certain privileges to those travelling BA First, the same should be accorded in return. Still, if our friends on American consider the prize Champagne as Trash, they will not be back , the Flounge will be full and the Champagne will not be LPGS either.

Does any other Forum here on Flyertalk have this Champagne obsession or is it just us?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Why is it weird having other lounge options given to you?
Ah, while this was of course before the pandemic, I recall when showing a BA F tix, the lounge attendant just subtly directed me into the CCR without ever mentioning the Galleries First. I mean, why would she? It's often crowded, hard to find space and anything but the "quiet and peaceful" reprieve from the main terminal. Why would anyone choose that experience? Even if one were on a fast and taken a vow of abstinence, why would anyone choose the Galleries First over the CCR?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Does any other Forum here on Flyertalk have this Champagne obsession or is it just us?
In the AA forum we satisfy ourselves with complaining about the flight attendants who come around saying “Champagne or Orange Juice” when the wine on offer is a California sparkling. No insult to California wines is intended, but it’s simply inaccurate. I did initially consider the attention paid to Champagne in the BA forum a bit insane but LPGS in BA First was my first exposure to decent Champagne and since then I’ve taken a liking to it.

Originally Posted by Visconti
Even if one were on a fast and taken a vow of abstinence, why would anyone choose the Galleries First over the CCR?
Some prefer helping themselves to a bit of this and a bit of that from a buffet rather than ordering individual items via table service. Fasting would actually make the CCR a clearer choice!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by _kurt
In the AA forum we satisfy ourselves with complaining about the flight attendants who come around saying “Champagne or Orange Juice” when the wine on offer is a California sparkling.
What is shocking is that clearly they haven't been properly trained in the Flight Academy and have not a clue what they are serving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.