Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Why is it weird having other lounge options given to you?
I think the weird part is having an inferior option offered. If it was the other way around and you presented at the Galleries F lounge and were told you also have the option of the CCR, it wouldn't be weird.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:46 pm

What is the difference folks on a serious note? I only see myself getting served by a waiter off a menu when I visit that side called Concorde room. Am I missing something else? I do not have good taste so please leave out better champagne or liqour in the Concorde room.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
What is the difference folks on a serious note? I only see myself getting served by a waiter off a menu when I visit that side called Concorde room. Am I missing something else? I do not have good taste so please leave out better champagne or liqour in the Concorde room.
If nothing else, you'll have about 300% more space per person than the Galleries First lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion
Why leave that out if that's what is important to some people?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
Originally Posted by danger
I think the weird part is having an inferior option offered. If it was the other way around and you presented at the Galleries F lounge and were told you also have the option of the CCR, it wouldn't be weird.
We have a pool and a pond ... pond'd be good for you.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Why is it weird having other lounge options given to you?
As others have said, why mention an inferior more crowded option? Why not mention that you have access to GC lounge as well? Why not mention you have access to Pret at gate A9?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I have no recent firsthand experience, but my understanding is that CCR access is only for departing (not arriving) AA F pax. Seems to have been confirmed in this somewhat recent post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33830500-post69.html

You should have access to the T5 BA F lounge as a connecting OW F passenger (and, of course, EXP/OWE). Honestly, they're not much different (admittedly, I haven't been in the CCR since before COVID).

-FlyerBeek
If you arrive on a First Class flight and have an onward connection you should be able to access the CCR, keep your F boarding pass as proof.

As for the CCR not being much different to the F lounge, oh boy are they just! Much quieter, much better class of personal service with high end drinks, LPGS for one, with JW blue , Remy Martin XO and more. High end menus and restaurant style dining, it's a bit step up.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
Arrived into lhr from jfk on AA 100 first class connecting on a BA business class fare to DUB. Rejected at the Concord lounge (as usual) after scanning the FC boarding pass from AA. Tried talking to the gate keeper but was told in no uncertain terms only BA FC was allowed. Flying back to JFK from LHR next week but don’t expect a different result.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
So this is all clear as mud . . .
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The BA website will only list the BA flights that will get you access. This shouldn't be considered all inclusive.

Kinda like how the AA website for Flagship Dining just lists the AA options for access and makes no mention of the other carrier options like CX F (JFK) or BA F (MIA, DFW).

Markie, just to be clear, you were flying AA F to JFK?
slightly off topic, but AA has now updated its policy to specify any OW F automatically has access to FFD:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp
ryanbriar and markmac like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
So this is all clear as mud . . .
The Oneworld lounge access page (shown earlier in this thread and here) seems to be crystal clear that access is for F passengers on AA or BA.

I suppose you could debate whether an inbound AA F passenger connecting to BA Club Europe would be eligible, but there doesn't seem to be much room for confusion for an AA F LHR-US flight.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Part of it may be when you scan the BP on the inbound AA flight the date on the BP is the PRIOR day (exception the AA daytime JFK-LHR flight but that has few connection possibilities) .Your BP for an onward BA flight unless you are in BA first longhaul will never scan for entry. I've use CCR with same day AA F and *NOT* had an issue with the person scanning the BP at the entrance.They didn't question anything - just handed it back and was in just fine.

Last edited by NickP 1K; Apr 1, 2022 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Yeah that makes sense. I also think that on occasion, even with a same day US-bound flight, the agent will just look at any AA BP and act like you’ve just handed them a turd and refuse to scan it in the first place.

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 1, 2022 at 8:16 pm
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dave_261
The Oneworld lounge access page (shown earlier in this thread and here) seems to be crystal clear that access is for F passengers on AA or BA.

I suppose you could debate whether an inbound AA F passenger connecting to BA Club Europe would be eligible, but there doesn't seem to be much room for confusion for an AA F LHR-US flight.
My comment was in regards to the real world experience of those flying AA trying to gain access as stated above.

Policies are one thing; implementation is sometimes another.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
AA First - LHR Concorde Room?

Hello all,
I'm flying on a BA ticket on AA First next week to Dallas. Will I get access to the LHR Concorde Room? I've seen conflicting information. I flew back in December to JFK AA First and got access, so I would assume it's the same situation?
Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.