Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access with AA F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Right, I think the question is whether CCR access will be granted manually rather than automatically. Based on the rule, it seems that it theoretically *should* be, but with so much agent confusion around this point, I'd view it as a pure toss up contingent on the whims of the agent on duty, the alignment of celestial bodies, and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
African or European swallow?
dpb132 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by RichieMc
African or European swallow?
What? I don't know that...
RichieMc likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Right, I think the question is whether CCR access will be granted manually rather than automatically. Based on the rule, it seems that it theoretically *should* be, but with so much agent confusion around this point, I'd view it as a pure toss up contingent on the whims of the agent on duty, the alignment of celestial bodies, and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
1st class lounge access should be granted based on the published rules - though would be manual since separate tickets. Concorde Room access depends on whether BA still offers it now that AA no longer shares Terminal 3 or whether it has returned to pre-Covid rules

Concorde Room access is specifically exluded from the OneWorld lounge access policy
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
1st class lounge access should be granted based on the published rules - though would be manual since separate tickets. Concorde Room access depends on whether BA still offers it now that AA no longer shares Terminal 3 or whether it has returned to pre-Covid rules

Concorde Room access is specifically exluded from the OneWorld lounge access policy
IMHO seems likely that BA does in fact offer it given the reports here, particularly post 144, though I understand that other than the sign there's little in the way of clear public acknowledgement of the policy so it's unsurprising that experiences vary based on the individual check-in agent encountered.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

IMHO seems likely that BA does in fact offer it given the reports here, particularly post 144, though I understand that other than the sign there's little in the way of clear public acknowledgement of the policy so it's unsurprising that experiences vary based on the individual check-in agent encountered.
Last year I flew AA DFW-LHR in F into T3 and connected to BA LHR-DXB out of T5 and was allowed access.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR

Per OW website AA or BA F should give you access to Concorde Room (assuming you are connecting to BA in T5, would get access). Makes sense bc would be reciprocal with Chelsea which operates that way. YMMV though, haven't tried it in awhile
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by lds89

Per OW website AA or BA F should give you access to Concorde Room (assuming you are connecting to BA in T5, would get access). Makes sense bc would be reciprocal with Chelsea which operates that way. YMMV though, haven't tried it in awhile
Chelsea is a joint lounge; Concorde Room is not.
KARFA and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lds89

The website does not indicate this at all. It shows only access for those in 1st class - which the passenger would not be. It also states on the page "British Airways' Concorde lounges are not included in the oneworld lounge access policy."
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The website does not indicate this at all. It shows only access for those in 1st class - which the passenger would not be. It also states on the page "British Airways' Concorde lounges are not included in the oneworld lounge access policy."
yes it shows access for first class, but as you are aware that means departing on F, or arriving in F and departing from T5 in any cabin. Also this is further confirmed in post 144.

I am really at a loss why this is generating so much debate when the answer is clear.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP 2MM, Sixt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Another data point... from this Sunday (24th September 2023).

Arrived into LHR T3 on AA from JFK in F mid-morning, due to leave from T5 on BA in J to FRA. JFK-LHR return and LHR-FRA booked separately (different PNRs). Due to my plans locally around Heathrow (seeing family) falling through, had 8 hours to kill. Thought I would try Concorde lounge.

I had to pick-up luggage at T3 and check-in my luggage at T5, which I did in the First Wing (due to OW Emerald from AA) (LOTS of walking via the Heathrow Express connection). Asked the lounge staff before security at the First Wing whether I had access to the Concorde lounge and was told a resounding NO. But I decided to give it a try anyway. Especially at the First lounge was very very busy, and I really didn't look forward to spending such a long time there.

When I got to the Concorde lounge entry, I presented my AA boarding pass from JFK, as well as my BA boarding pass to FRA. As the agent scanned my BA boarding pass, I proactively mentioned I'd come in on AA F, and that was the other boarding pass. The Concorde lounge person simply said "Thank you" (nicely) and I was in. No arguments, no suggestion they were bending the rules. I did ask as I walked away, and the person said clearly that AA F PAX get treated the same as BA F for Concorde lounge access.

Hopefully others get a similar experience when attempting access. Concorde lounge is (as ever) a pleasant (and not-too-crowded) space to spend a few hours, while drinking and eating well!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by mzwhsr
Another data point... from this Sunday (24th September 2023).

Arrived into LHR T3 on AA from JFK in F mid-morning, due to leave from T5 on BA in J to FRA. JFK-LHR return and LHR-FRA booked separately (different PNRs). Due to my plans locally around Heathrow (seeing family) falling through, had 8 hours to kill. Thought I would try Concorde lounge.

I had to pick-up luggage at T3 and check-in my luggage at T5, which I did in the First Wing (due to OW Emerald from AA) (LOTS of walking via the Heathrow Express connection). Asked the lounge staff before security at the First Wing whether I had access to the Concorde lounge and was told a resounding NO. But I decided to give it a try anyway. Especially at the First lounge was very very busy, and I really didn't look forward to spending such a long time there.

When I got to the Concorde lounge entry, I presented my AA boarding pass from JFK, as well as my BA boarding pass to FRA. As the agent scanned my BA boarding pass, I proactively mentioned I'd come in on AA F, and that was the other boarding pass. The Concorde lounge person simply said "Thank you" (nicely) and I was in. No arguments, no suggestion they were bending the rules. I did ask as I walked away, and the person said clearly that AA F PAX get treated the same as BA F for Concorde lounge access.

Hopefully others get a similar experience when attempting access. Concorde lounge is (as ever) a pleasant (and not-too-crowded) space to spend a few hours, while drinking and eating well!
I recently was on an AA F flight into Heathrow and I went to the First Class lounge. The front desk asked me why I didn’t go to CCR; I told her I’d lost CK. She mentioned that AA F tickets are eligible for entry and sent me across the hall.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I arrived Dec 7th AA 1st DFW-LHR (T3) connecting to LHR-CDG (T5) and also had 5 Star Service transfer. Denied access to the CCR entrance after security. Told only for BA 1st. She even went and checked at the other desk which took forever. By the time I got around to the other side it wasnt worth the battle because I only had about 20 minutes anyway.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by MorganB
I arrived Dec 7th AA 1st DFW-LHR (T3) connecting to LHR-CDG (T5) and also had 5 Star Service transfer. Denied access to the CCR entrance after security. Told only for BA 1st. She even went and checked at the other desk which took forever. By the time I got around to the other side it wasnt worth the battle because I only had about 20 minutes anyway.
Not that is means much, but ONEWORLD.COM still shows access for AA F as well as AA CK.
MorganB likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Not that is means much, but ONEWORLD.COM still shows access for AA F as well as AA CK.
Yes thats actually what lead me to believe that I was allowed to access. However after a 10 hour flight and going through security I couldn't remember where I had seen it to show and had wasted enough time trying. It is annoying though.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by MorganB
Yes thats actually what lead me to believe that I was allowed to access. However after a 10 hour flight and going through security I couldn't remember where I had seen it to show and had wasted enough time trying. It is annoying though.
I don't think it was the case pre-covid, but as things were restarting AA operated out of T5 for all flights, IIRC, and then for JFK flights even after T3 reopened for some time. During that period, CCR access was included for AA F pax. If they have rescinded that, the OW site has not caught up. Of course, with all AA flights out of T3 now, the only way an AA customer could get to T5 would be a connection to BA rather than onward travel in F, but I'm pretty sure arriving BA F customers connecting have CCR access, so I'd hope AA F customers would as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.