Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

F/A Union proposes, AA accepts, REDUCED service levels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/A Union proposes, AA accepts, REDUCED service levels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jayer
I did both directions. But the outbound guy was hilarious and off script from close-door to open-door. He was fun.
Yeah, I don't want that either. I'd fly WN if I wanted silly banter on the 1MC.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I think it’s funny that you are assuming a request from the union is as good as a done deal. It hasn’t happened.
Unsurprisingly (at least for those of us who know AA) looks like this is good as a done deal now.

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Just curious-- is this international too or just domestic? (And maybe it's just me but I've had my domestic first 'meals' served all together for quite some time...)
The way I interpret that memo, it will apply to all Flagship F meals (transcon and international). Fortunately, it's still better than last year when everything was served all at once in both Flagship . Regular domestic F and Flagship J (transcon, Hawaii, and international) will essentially remain unchanged from current procedures. All in all, not the end of the world.

-FlyerBeek
jcatman and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
What service reduction was announced for international flights under 800 miles?
MIA-SDQ was the first example that came to mind, but I didn't get to EXP by hopping back and forth between MIA and SDQ dozens of times.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
I guess APFA wants us to do the service part of the job. That's fine, my own Woodford/rum/vodka mini bottles will find their way onto each AA flight and will come off the flight in my bag, empty.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Originally Posted by enviroian
ETA I just read the article again. For international it looks like flagship customers are getting everything at once but J will remain in courses? This is crazy. If this was truly Covid related it would be across all cabins.

and the only thing changing in domestic is coach travelers have to request a drink after their first one via the trolley. Yeah like AA has been proactive in the past anyway with a 2nd service.
so every int'l destination I've flown to since COVID, I couldn't have gotten on the plane without either being vaccinated, proving a negative COVID test, or both. so how is limiting service now on Int'l flights a reaction to COVID? I tend to agree that it's an excuse for FA for continued laziness while they charge the same fares. it's interesting they didn't mention eliminating hot towel service when this was supposedly a 'big' COVID spreader when AA first eliminated it earlier in the pandemic. But now, they're comfortable with it.....

Is there any AA int'l destination that currently doesn't require proof of vaccination or neg test?
Exiled in Express and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
Is there any AA int'l destination that currently doesn't require proof of vaccination or neg test?
Mexico?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
this is just total BS. especially so late in the current state of where we are w omicron.

regardless, im curious if this means a reduction in flagship portions in F because logistically it is impossible to serve the starter, appetizer, salad and/or soup on one tray in flagship first let alone fit all those plates on the tray table at least in transcon F.

i suppose i'll find out in two weeks :/
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by KeithRedford
I guess APFA wants us to do the service part of the job. That's fine, my own Woodford/rum/vodka mini bottles will find their way onto each AA flight and will come off the flight in my bag, empty.
You're way better off getting unmarked 100 ml. leakproof bottles on Amazon and filling them up with a handle of your favorite hooch. Much more cost effective, and a whole lot less likely to draw unwanted attention.

Not that I've ever done anything like that of course.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by VSLover
this is just total BS. especially so late in the current state of where we are w omicron.

regardless, im curious if this means a reduction in flagship portions in F because logistically it is impossible to serve the starter, appetizer, salad and/or soup on one tray in flagship first let alone fit all those plates on the tray table at least in transcon F.
No, this shouldn't result in any reduction in portion size. This is essentially the same amount of food that was previously being served in transcon Flagship F on a single tray prior to the restoration of more normal courses a few months ago.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
No, this shouldn't result in any reduction in portion size. This is essentially the same amount of food that was previously being served in transcon Flagship F on a single tray prior to the restoration of more normal courses a few months ago.

-FlyerBeek
but thats what makes it sillier then--you cannot fit a salad and soup and starter and bread plate on a single tray--so they are still going to have to go about it as normal...but part of me thinks that based on how enthused the crew have been in F on transcon since resumption of full service (at least my flights) they may just ignore if they feel like it which suggests a really random few months of service depending on the mood of your fa.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
they may just ignore if they feel like it which suggests a really random few months of service depending on the mood of your fa.
so business as usual on AA?

-FlyerBeek
96SS and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:06 am

if the goal is to minimize contact, then cutting out the credit card sales pitch should probably accompany this request.
TheDudeAbides and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Loyalty flyers are the FA union's best friend. The FA union knows that they can make demands from AA, and AA will concede those points because they know their loyalty flyers will keep throwing money at them for faux metal status.

Win/Win
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Unsurprisingly (at least for those of us who know AA) looks like this is good as a done deal now.

<snip>

-FlyerBeek
What's your view of these "temporary" reductions-in-service being rolled back in the future? One year - two years - never?

All the best, James
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:53 am

Loyalty flyers are the FA union's best friend. The FA union knows that they can make demands from AA, and AA will concede those points because they know their loyalty flyers will keep throwing money at them for faux metal status.

Win/Win
This again? I throw money at AA because I’d prefer not to cross oceans by boat or spend three hours connecting rather than an AA non-stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.