Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

F/A Union proposes, AA accepts, REDUCED service levels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/A Union proposes, AA accepts, REDUCED service levels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mvoight
I predict that call button will be ignored even more then
Fine. Keep hitting it. Every time it pings in the galley.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just boarded a flight in DEN.

This crew is going to love me

Spiff, PresRDC, 96SS and 12 others like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
I am honestly shocked but not. If you're on a 4-5 hour flight in the cow pen, you literally get served a drink once by default. I am a libertarian but it takes ages for passengers that don't fly often to realize these changes. Maybe we DO need the government stepping in EU style with more rules... first target, the AA union mob.
So many problems (including maybe this one) could easily be eliminated by Congress simply passing a law that mandates minimum economy seat dimensions for all domestic flights. Something on the order of Main Cabin Extraa pitch, for instance. This would raise fares across the board in an equitable fashion across all competitors and reduce the number of passengers flying. It would eliminate much of the Jerry Springer crowd because busses would again be less expensive than flying. It would also satisfy the unions (fewer Y pax to serve), and perhaps best of all it would make flying in economy less crowded and more comfortable.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Just curious-- is this international too or just domestic? (And maybe it's just me but I've had my domestic first 'meals' served all together for quite some time...)
Unclear - the two segments listed were flagship versus domestic. Were your domestic meals served all at once on 3 class aircraft?

Originally Posted by nldogbert
This is such a disgrace - indeed if this continues into March, I will certainly do this without any pity for these lazy FA's. Yes, I do understand the virus situation, but come on, if nearly all major airlines in the world are returning to close to normal service level, what makes AA FA's so special and vulnerable to the virus?
I'm sure they aren't releasing numbers, my opinion is that flying on planes is safe but Omicron is also contagious as heck, I'd have to guess that virtually every FA has had Covid by now... so I'm really not sure what they are worried about. Yes, I know you can get it twice, I collect Covid strains every January myself it seems...fun!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Wow! That was quick...

I will scroll up and re-read the posts saying this wouldn't happen. There was a whole aura of inevitability about the topic, just sayin'.

All the best, James
Carfield, aj411 and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by enviroian
New rules don't go into effect for 5 more days... but might as well start politely harassing them via button presses now. Personally I'll probably be so bold as to ask them if they voted for this, if they say yes, ding ding ding. If they say no and aren't acting lazy, I'll leave them be and thank them for being one of the heroes.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will these rules affect international J and F? Please tell me they aren’t going back to the crap in J
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ETA I just read the article again. For international it looks like flagship customers are getting everything at once but J will remain in courses? This is crazy. If this was truly Covid related it would be across all cabins.

and the only thing changing in domestic is coach travelers have to request a drink after their first one via the trolley. Yeah like AA has been proactive in the past anyway with a 2nd service.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium

Damn, I just missed you. I'm on 2359 to DFW from DEN and we could have played musical buttons.
enviroian and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator note:

There seem to be several users who feel that the AA forum is their outlet for any comments on FlyerTalk. Note: political discussion (without anything to do with AA) ARE NOT PERMITTED in this forum. There is a dedicated Omni PR forum for anything like that:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-pr-652/

If you have to ask, chances are you already know the answer to your question on if the material is allowed. But feel free to message one of the moderators PRIOR to posting. Otherwise, your posts will be removed and users are subject to disciplinary actions.

/moderator
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
ETA I just read the article again. For international it looks like flagship customers are getting everything at once but J will remain in courses? This is crazy. If this was truly Covid related it would be across all cabins.

and the only thing changing in domestic is coach travelers have to request a drink after their first one via the trolley. Yeah like AA has been proactive in the past anyway with a 2nd service.
Read it again, Appetizer, Soup and Salad AT ONCE, main and dessert AFTER.
corky likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Am I the only one who prefers to have my whole meal served at once? It's just so much more convenient.
I like the whole bottle of champagne served to me at once. Maybe 2 bottles.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
As pointless and sad as it all is, I don't think it's going to in any way affect the business. Based on the number of flyers that still board with group 7 8 and 9, the vast majority of customers are not frequent flyers. Just being a regular advantage member gets you group 6 now. That means that at least a half or more of every flight is made up of customers that aren't even advantage members. This leads me to believe that they bought a one-time ticket and chose American because they had the best price or the best timing. ...
Pre-Covid, I believe Doug Parker or the old head of AAdvantage was quoted as saying that something like 85% of American's customers flew once per year.
carmelsown likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:15 pm

LMAO…Dude, you’re awesome!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Interestingly I did not hear one pitch for that on my trip last week - maybe it was done only in coach.
I did both directions. But the outbound guy was hilarious and off script from close-door to open-door. He was fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.