Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I also think that if AA won't provide hot meals on this route, they should not provide them to cockpit crew (if their contract allows it, so should the paying pax). On a 900 mile flight, there is plenty of time to serve a hot meal, too.
What? The crew are in that aircraft or other from one place to another. Would you really deny them a hot meal because one is not served to the passengers? I agree with you wholeheartedly about the time to serve a hot meal, but two wrongs do not make a right.

Now I am wondering whether to chose the Turkey Sandwich or the Greek Salad as my gastronomic experience - is the Diabetic option any worse?
CMK10, BravoKilo, eeb100k and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 757FO
Lol, I've read my share of ridiculous things on Flyer Talk, but this may take the cake. Quite often, this is the only meal we get during the entire day. Do you want your pilots fatigued from lack of food, while flying you?
Agree with you, but do Southwest pilots get catered meals?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Agree with you, but do Southwest pilots get catered meals?
No clue, but I'm sure some sort of provision is made so they get a meal.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Had the European cold breakfast this morning on SFO-JFK. Only that or a fritatta or two left by the time they reached me at the back, but that's what I intended having anyway.

Mango was 80% soft. Chose a biscuit from the bread basket. Had more cheese for "dessert" later, but turned down the warm cookie.

Attentive crew proactively refilling glasses / offering top-ups, addressing by name etc.
Snack basket run shortly before landing as well.
Pre-departure drinks of water, orange, "champagne", mimosas.
Ramekin of biscotti type things with the first drinks run.
Carfield and ryanbriar like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 1492 PHL-DEN 2033-2237 A-321

Full PDB

Double Glenlivet as the Lord intended

Choice of the vegetarian grain bowl (bleh) or a short rib. This was actually very good especially with the shrimp. Sadly no dessert ("catering" was blamed) though they did dig up some Biscoff for us when we asked.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Club
MCO-LAX departing 7:40am, Flight time 5h11m

Flight is in September. These are the pre-order options.

THREE CHEESE AU GRATIN OMELET (vegetarian)
Three cheese omelet served with seasoned potatoes

CHARCUTERIE PLATE
Sliced prosciutto and salami served with an assortment of fine cheeses, eggs and garnishes
Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:57 pm

Maybe not the right thread, but...

I'm annoyed that a 6:40AM PHL-LAX (5+ hour flight) can do a full hot meal and snack service in F but it's too early to have BOB snacks in Y. Can't even buy food at the airport because it's too early for the restaurants to be open.

And when are we going to get actual BOB meals/sandwiches back? Last I heard maybe September (next month) but haven't heard anything for a few months. I'm beyond annoyed at the lack of food on board, historically that has been the only chance I get to eat when traveling. And sadly, the BOB food tends to be cheaper and better than what the airports restaurants serve. Some may disagree. lol
AAway, wrp96 and keyw like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
AA 1092
AUS-JFK
LAA A319
(with seatback screens!)
2:26 pm scheduled departure (3:02 pm actual)
Lunch

Choices were short rib + mac and cheese or a pasta dish. I preordered the short rib. It did not turn out as expected. No mac and cheese. Mashed potatoes instead. And for variety, potato salad, instead of a green salad and appetizer. Brownie thing was OK. I felt sorry for the folks who got the pasta. They ended up with a very balanced meal: all four starch groups.

I'm guessing the setup was for a shorter haul sandwich or salad meal. Red wine was poured from the little bottles they sell in coach. My seat did not recline. Not sure if any or all of this merits a written complaint, but it is illustrative of the myriad minor mismanagements that define AA today. FA was fairly attentive and the seatback video was an unexpected treat.

Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripe
AA 1092
AUS-JFK
LAA A319
(with seatback screens!)
2:26 pm scheduled departure (3:02 pm actual)
Lunch

Choices were short rib + mac and cheese or a pasta dish. I preordered the short rib. It did not turn out as expected. No mac and cheese. Mashed potatoes instead. And for variety, potato salad, instead of a green salad and appetizer. Brownie thing was OK. I felt sorry for the folks who got the pasta. They ended up with a very balanced meal: all four starch groups.

I'm guessing the setup was for a shorter haul sandwich or salad meal. Red wine was poured from the little bottles they sell in coach. My seat did not recline. Not sure if any or all of this merits a written complaint, but it is illustrative of the myriad minor mismanagements that define AA today. FA was fairly attentive and the seatback video was an unexpected treat.
I don't know who does their catering in AUS, but I've had quite a few similar swap-outs from LSG-catered flights this summer. If it bothers you, personally, I'd write in about it. That way at least AA knows that passengers are noticing and can measure how much passengers care about it. They are always picking their battles with the caterers, but this helps prioritize the battles.

Just a heads up that's polenta next to the short rib. The whole entree is actually the other "regular" domestic short rib entree, the Short Rib Bourguignon with mushroom and pearl onion topped polenta.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Would anyone have insight on the Hindu lunch offering on a mid-con lunch from DFW? I noted the excellent looking Hindu meal MIA-PHL upthread and was wondering if something similar could be expected ex-DFW.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by marnold3
Is that the Chicken with Tomato "Espagnole" or whatever they call it? I don't see tomato, but another poster mentioned they ordered that dish and saw no tomato.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Is that the Chicken with Tomato "Espagnole" or whatever they call it? I don't see tomato, but another poster mentioned they ordered that dish and saw no tomato.
Pretty sure that's the chicken piccata with cauliflower mash.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Raralith
Pretty sure that's the chicken piccata with cauliflower mash.
That's exactly what it is.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
OK - anyone seen a pic of the mystery Spanish Chicken (written in French?)
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
OK - anyone seen a pic of the mystery Spanish Chicken (written in French?)
Espagnole is one of the five mother sauces of French cuisine, so I suspect it's supposed to be something resembling that and not something Spanish or "Spanish" knowing AA catering.
TWA884 and BWISkyGuy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.