Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:01 pm

Anyone have a preference on the Cacio e pepe vs Chicken Piccata? Leaning towards the pasta but not sure if there is a preference.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Anyone have a preference on the Cacio e pepe vs Chicken Piccata? Leaning towards the pasta but not sure if there is a preference.
If it's the same chicken piccata that has cauliflower mash, I'd personally go with the pasta.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:38 pm

Kosher meal on DFW - LGA 31 Aug

Kosher meal DFW - LGA on 31 Aug

Chickpea and sweetcorn starter: OK but needed a little chilli or extra flavour
Main course: tasteless and dry. Couldn't have more than one of the chicken ham things.
Chocolate cake: dry
There was also a bread roll, which was the tastiest, but it came without butter.

Conclusion: not recommended. Too dry.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Just booked SFO-CLT in Main Cabin Extra, ticket says Refreshments for MCE, what does that entail and how many drinks to you get comped? Also CLT restaurant recommendations for my 3 hour layover would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:34 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Stripe
In what world is a charcuterie plate breakfast?
The leftover scraps on the table after preparing other meals.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
JFK-PHX 1:25 PM Departure

Choices were the two screenshotted above in the CLT-SEA post. I went with the Hindu special meal and my SO went with the pasta.

FAs provided Becker good service. PDBs were served with orders taken about 30 minutes after departure from the front despite it being an odd-numbered flight (only seen FEBO happen once in the past six months). Because we were ~50 miles under the 2,200 mile threshold, we did not receive sundaes, a more substantial salad and bread (I think that’s the cutoff?)

Warm nuts, drinks and towels were passed out.

Made the right call with the Hindu meal. A bit too much rice, but still good.

Pasta option. Standard, but probably spent a few too many minutes in the oven. The salad looked good. No bread etc. passed out as we were just below the 2,200 mile catering window.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar

Choices were the two screenshotted above in the CLT-SEA post. I went with the Hindu special meal and my SO went with the pasta.

FAs provided Becker good service. PDBs were served with orders taken about 30 minutes after departure from the front despite it being an odd-numbered flight (only seen FEBO happen once in the past six months). Because we were ~50 miles under the 2,200 mile threshold, we did not receive sundaes, a more substantial salad and bread (I think that’s the cutoff?)

Warm nuts, drinks and towels were passed out.

Made the right call with the Hindu meal. A bit too much rice, but still good.

Pasta option. Standard, but probably spent a few too many minutes in the oven. The salad looked good. No bread etc. passed out as we were just below the 2,200 mile catering window.
Not the most visually appealing meal but I'd take that Hindu meal any day. I was thinking of trying Hindu next instead of Asian Veg but I'm worried about getting lamb. That is a possibility even though lots of Hindu's are vegetarian right? Fish is fine just not red meat. Ideally want something as Indian and spicy as possible but not meat.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Warmed bread basket doesn’t require 2200 miles. Had it many times on >1500 mile segments. Miscater or lazy FA.
wrp96, ryanbriar, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:13 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Anyone have an idea of what the diabetic meal is for breakfast time flights (PHX-CLT)??
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Warmed bread basket doesn’t require 2200 miles. Had it many times on >1500 mile segments. Miscater or lazy FA.
That’s right - went back to some of my 1,500+ and under 1,500 meal pictures. I’d say likely the former as the FAs were pretty on point. There was no extra bread plate, though I’ve gotten bread on the tray in the past.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by ryanbriar

AA doesn't use FEBO.

The meal order-taking uses the following:
When an aircraft flight involves a change of time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Eastbound: from forward / front to aft /back
. . . • Westbound: from aft to forward

If the flight does not involve a change of any time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Southbound: from forward to aft
. . . • Northbound: from aft to forward

AA meal order by flight direction & time zone change 09/2014 - no FEBO

(A handy way to remember for domestic flights is: the people seated closest to Miami get their orders taken first)
AAway, wrp96, metallo and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
AA doesn't use FEBO.

The meal order-taking uses the following:
When an aircraft flight involves a change of time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Eastbound: from forward / front to aft /back
. . . • Westbound: from aft to forward

If the flight does not involve a change of any time zones, take meal preferences:

. . . • Southbound: from forward to aft
. . . • Northbound: from aft to forward

AA meal order by flight direction & time zone change 09/2014 - no FEBO

(A handy way to remember for domestic flights is: the people seated closest to Miami get their orders taken first)
Good to know. In any event, we were going westbound and did not have orders taken for the aft.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by mxracer95
Maybe not the right thread, but...

I'm annoyed that a 6:40AM PHL-LAX (5+ hour flight) can do a full hot meal and snack service in F but it's too early to have BOB snacks in Y. Can't even buy food at the airport because it's too early for the restaurants to be open.
While I agree about bringing back BOB snacks, there are restaurants at PHL that are open at 4:30 am.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:15 pm
Original Member

Interesting--the pastry appears to come from Shatila Bakery, a famous landmark place in Dearborn, MI. Very high quality--excellent products. (will stop for a tray or 2 if traveling for a meeting--they wrap them well and they slip right in the backpack behind the laptop).
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
How do you know for a Mid-con if you will get an app & salad with your entree? Or are both app & salad a for sure thing as long as its a hot entre service? Bread basket and type of dessert are dependent on how far the flight is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.