Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by rami331

Those Truly drinks make great mixers!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Aug 17, 22:

Much appreciated!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

AA453 CLT-LAX

Apologies, I forgot to take pictures of the food however I got a menu for the first time ever on AA (In my limited flying experience) on a route that wasn’t market on a “flagship” transcon…although it was given out with a warning of if you haven’t preordered then there’s no choice and there was no brownies or sundaes loaded. Hopefully this is useful to someone. I had the pasta it was meh.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks ceej123
What a coincidence!
Im flying my 82 year old mum back to PER via SYD/LAX and will be flying this flight into LAX!!
Ive asked her to change her pasta order👍 (she realises the chicken could be much worse&#128514
What i'm really hoping for her is that the sundae is loaded
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ceej123
AA453 CLT-LAX

Apologies, I forgot to take pictures of the food however I got a menu for the first time ever on AA (In my limited flying experience) on a route that wasn’t market on a “flagship” transcon…although it was given out with a warning of if you haven’t preordered then there’s no choice and there was no brownies or sundaes loaded. Hopefully this is useful to someone. I had the pasta it was meh.
Cool!

I want to say that menu popped up on someone’s PHL-LAX trip. It didn’t show up on my two PHX-BOS legs, which are long enough to have the full non-flagship dining experience (aka everything on the menu).

The comical thing is that they handed out a menu for catering on 2,200+ mile routes (I believe that’s the cutoff…), but the flight itself is 2,125 miles so they won’t cater the sundae etc.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 8, 2022 at 4:00 pm Reason: Removed quote of large images
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Interesting info in the menu identifier:
  • Domestic long haul
  • February(??) 2022
But no identification of route, so are these menu choices the same for all non-AFS transcons??
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Interesting info in the menu identifier:
  • Domestic long haul
  • February(??) 2022
But no identification of route, so are these menu choices the same for all non-AFS transcons??
Noticed that too. I had the same choices on my recent flights and IIRC the descriptions matched the app.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
I kept the menu from my last PHL-LAX flight sometime in August, and it has this typed in the bottom right corner:
DOM LH LUN/DIN C1
73DLDC1 02/22 1504101-1
I guess when they brought back food in the cabin, they had these printed out, but only started passing them out in flight over the last month or so.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Odd that they think they'd have the same food for eight months... or maybe not so odd!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by Raralith
I
DOM LH LUN/DIN C1
73DLDC1 02/22 1504101-1
[Emphasis Mine]
Given we have a 'C1' and a 'C4' reported, I would guess the C stands for choices or combinations and corresponds to what a given flight kitchen in the respective city is churning out.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Odd that they think they'd have the same food for eight months... or maybe not so odd!
I worked in contract food manufacturing, have done frozen airline meals, and all of these airline contracts are typically a minimum 1 year and renewal; I believe we did AA's chicken and orzo for 3-4 years. AA paid by raw material (we worked together on the recipe that becomes the bill of materials and we were transparent on purchases) + tolling which was heavily driven by order quantity so it would have been significantly more expensive on both fronts if you wanted a non-standard contract. My surprise is that they printed these out when they said they'd bring back food in February, and I'm just barely seeing these after in August after flying F ~10 times transcon since then. Unsure if everyone else is seeing these recently too?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by JBKettle
[Emphasis Mine]
Given we have a 'C1' and a 'C4' reported, I would guess the C stands for choices or combinations and corresponds to what a given flight kitchen in the respective city is churning out.
Cycle would be my guess.
BWISkyGuy and BlooJoo like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Chicken couscous salad box on DFW-STS. I believe this is the longest American Eagle flight so probably the best as the food gets on Eagle. The food was all really tasty although the presentation is obviously SO 2020.

Full bar PDB and plenty of refills in the air from the friendly senior MQ FA.

keyw likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Anyone know what the Diabetic or Hindu option would be for CLT - SAN (Breakfast)?

My current choices are:

THREE CHEESE AU GRATIN OMELET (vegetarian)THREE CHEESE AU GRATIN

or

CHARCUTERIE PLATE CHARCUTERIE PLATE

Not excited for either.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Flew back yesterday on the temporary LAX - YYZ non-stop, aka "The TIFF Express". Best experience on AA quasi-domestic in 5 years. Outstanding service and food. Steak was perfectly cooked. Flight was packed, with FA saying she couldn't understand why this route hadn't been fully restored. Will scan menu and add to post later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.