Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
  • AA does not send physical ID cards for EP and PP, only 2 bag tags and a set of coupons to give AA employees in recognition of service you deem outstanding.
  • you can request a new set of bag tags and coupons; they take a L-O-N-G time to arrive by mail
  • a mod should update the title to reflect there are no physical ID cards for any level Gold-EXP
Print Wikipost

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Catbert10
My EXP kit only has one brag tag and the tag no longer shows my 2MM status
Got my EXP kit yesterday. No new membership card and one brag tag. Yawn.
SpencerC11 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by Catbert10
My EXP kit only has one brag tag and the tag no longer shows my 2MM status
Same kit I got. Also, sadly no 2MM status on it. I got PPro tags late last year and they also didn’t have MM. Fortunately, I still have my white AA tag they sent me when I hit 2MM.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Angry Executive Platinum Kit

I re-qualified in February and received my EXP kit yesterday. It is a long white AA envelop. Inside there is 1 luggage tag, 1 tag fastener, 6 AAppreciation notes (expiration date: 3/31/24), and a boring welcome from Vasu Raja. Unfortunately THERE IS NO EXP MEMBERSHIP CARD, no list of international EXP phone numbers. In the past, sometimes, I found the physical EXP membership card very valuable when entering flagship check-in/lounge, in contract lounges, overseas, etc. Anyone able to get/request a physical EXP membership card in this year (for 2023-24)?

The message from Vasu Raja feels very unenthusiastic, dry, and mechanical.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
So ...

No physical membership card, and the "virtual card" appears to have vanished from the app.

What are we supposed to use to get into partner lounges when the carrier doesn't correctly reflect our status on the boarding pass (looking at you BA in TLV)?
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
So ...

No physical membership card, and the "virtual card" appears to have vanished from the app.

What are we supposed to use to get into partner lounges when the carrier doesn't correctly reflect our status on the boarding pass (looking at you BA in TLV)?
I am seeing the virtual card on Android (Galaxy S21 | Android 13 | App Version 2023.5)

Click on the account banner to get to your account/LP tracking page. Scroll up on the footer bar and it is the last option.

Originally Posted by Tintin
Unfortunately THERE IS NO EXP MEMBERSHIP CARD, no list of international EXP phone numbers. In the past, sometimes, I found the physical EXP membership card very valuable when entering flagship check-in/lounge, in contract lounges, overseas, etc. Anyone able to get/request a physical EXP membership card in this year (for 2023-24)?
There isn't AFAIK.

I hear about contract lounges having issues periodically (albeit most data points are 5+ years old), but the FL and OW lounges? Why would you need a card there?
PlatinumScum likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
I am seeing the virtual card on Android (Galaxy S21 | Android 13 | App Version 2023.5)

Click on the account banner to get to your account/LP tracking page. Scroll up on the footer bar and it is the last option.
I see it now. Never would have realized that one is supposed to swipe up on that footer. (Yes, I see the light gray chevron now that I know what I'm looking for, but AA needs to realize that just because Google thinks that indecipherable UIs are a good idea that doesn't actually make it true.)

(Insert old man shouting at cloud meme.)
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Deleted -- Cross post.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I re-qualified in February and received my EXP kit yesterday. It is a long white AA envelop. Inside there is 1 luggage tag, 1 tag fastener, 6 AAppreciation notes (expiration date: 3/31/24), and a boring welcome from Vasu Raja. Unfortunately THERE IS NO EXP MEMBERSHIP CARD, no list of international EXP phone numbers. In the past, sometimes, I found the physical EXP membership card very valuable when entering flagship check-in/lounge, in contract lounges, overseas, etc. Anyone able to get/request a physical EXP membership card in this year (for 2023-24)?

The message from Vasu Raja feels very unenthusiastic, dry, and mechanical.
got same a couple days ago. I don’t really care that much but it was a bit anticlimactic.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Apple iOS devices (iPhone/iPad etc.): You can download a Virtual Card in Apple Wallet from AA app. Follow the following steps:

1. Open AA app
2. Tap on the status bar on top with you name on it
3. Open the menu by tapping on the ^ symbol at the bottom (on the bar with "Rewards", "Promotions", "Travel Credits")
4. Tap on the last item of the menu "View AAdvantage Card"

But the virtual card do not have International EXP Phone numbers.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Apple iOS devices (iPhone/iPad etc.): You can download a Virtual Card in Apple Wallet from AA app. Follow the following steps:

1. Open AA app
2. Tap on the status bar on top with you name on it
3. Open the menu by tapping on the ^ symbol at the bottom (on the bar with "Rewards", "Promotions", "Travel Credits")
4. Tap on the last item of the menu "View AAdvantage Card"

But the virtual card do not have International EXP Phone numbers.
Works on an Android phone as well

Thank you

ETA
Unfortunately it doesn't display your oneworld status (e.g. PROs and EXPs are oneworld emerald)
Oops - yes it does! There's a little green oval below the oneworld logo

Last edited by pandaperth; Mar 25, 2023 at 6:55 am
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:46 pm
O62

Any data points on receiving new tags more recently?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by O62
Any data points on receiving new tags more recently?
Got mine yesterday as a Plat Pro--one luggage tag and six recognition slips. No physical card.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Same... Got mine Friday. Same kit as the past few years, which is fine, but not exciting.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Same... Got mine Friday. Same kit as the past few years, which is fine, but not exciting.
I disagree that it's fine. I've needed my card on multiple occasions to access the BA contract lounge at TLV. Since AA disables app logins on unlocked devices, I have no way to prove my status when BA's systems randomly forget it.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by stanj
Got mine yesterday as a Plat Pro--one luggage tag and six recognition slips. No physical card.
Same, No MM recognition on tag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.