Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
  • AA does not send physical ID cards for EP and PP, only 2 bag tags and a set of coupons to give AA employees in recognition of service you deem outstanding.
  • you can request a new set of bag tags and coupons; they take a L-O-N-G time to arrive by mail
  • a mod should update the title to reflect there are no physical ID cards for any level Gold-EXP
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry

Blogs are reporting that AA restarted mailing elite kits with ID and Luggage Tags to newly qualified EXP and PPro members staring Tuesday August 3. Those of us who are already re-qualified for 2022 need to call AA and request their 2022 elite kit. It is not clear which number to call, EXP or AAdvantage. I will call EXP desk today.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-sen...al-elite-kits/
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
In 2021, I'm not sure what the utility is of the membership card. It seems like a waste to send those out. Doesn't the boarding pass on a cell phone suffice to initiate all conversations with AA personnel? Now the bag tag....that I'd like 10 of & would hang them from every corner of my being to be vein and let the world know lol. (but seriously...I'm a Platinum Pro and would love some bag tags instead of the card...) .
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by joeyE
Doesn't the boarding pass on a cell phone suffice to initiate all conversations with AA personnel?
Sometimes status doesnt convey correctly on other carriers... Ive had to use the stupid luggage tag once and the card once or twice to get myself into BA lounges. Overall, they're pretty useless though.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
no I need them.... for bragging rights when I travel... that reminds me to attach every EXP luggage tag I have to my bag..
it would look really cool.. and of course make me feel very very important
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by fotographer
no I need them.... for bragging rights when I travel... that reminds me to attach every EXP luggage tag I have to my bag..
Actually, I do need at least 2. I attach to my carry on back pack and my Bose case. A couple of years ago, on a SJU flight I left my headset in my seat when I deplaned. During my 24 hours in SJU, never knew they were gone. The next day, bypassed the counter, boarded the jet back to MIA and a couple of minutes after, a SJU supervisor delivered them to my seat. She saw the tag, got my return and wanted to make sure I got ‘em back. I know, any tag could've worked. But these tags are simple and free. Besides, I agree with you…how can I let all the other flyers know how amazing I am if I can’t advertise my “celebrity”!?

Last edited by Tack; Aug 4, 2021 at 12:25 pm
Old Aug 4, 2021, 11:05 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Was able to get mine ordered by calling the EXP desk - shipping time is 5-8 weeks, but at least I'll eventually get the bragging rights!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Once I was rebooked into Air India from Delhi to Bengaluru after we missed a direct LHR - BLR. Air India was unwilling to accept my AA app Status and instead demanded to see a card to apply the baggage allowance.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by srikp
Once I was rebooked into Air India from Delhi to Bengaluru after we missed a direct LHR - BLR. Air India was unwilling to accept my AA app Status and instead demanded to see a card to apply the baggage allowance.
Why would AI honor your AA status?
ORDnHKG and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by joeyE
In 2021, I'm not sure what the utility is of the membership card. It seems like a waste to send those out. Doesn't the boarding pass on a cell phone suffice to initiate all conversations with AA personnel?
I find the membership card useful at the check-in kiosks. A swipe saves about 2 seconds over tapping in my AAdvantage number.

As mentioned it also gets me into the occasional OW lounge like BA or JAL, but I'm guessing the digital membership card in my iPhone Wallet app does the same these days?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by fotographer
when I was younger and struggling to maybe make gold or not hit gold I did envy those who had crazy tags lol
mnhusker likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
when I was younger and struggling to maybe make gold or not hit gold I did envy those who had crazy tags lol
Until last year, UA would send me a bag tag for making Premier Silver (equivalent of AA Gold)
Old Aug 4, 2021, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Wayne Kao
I find the membership card useful at the check-in kiosks. A swipe saves about 2 seconds over tapping in my AAdvantage number.

As mentioned it also gets me into the occasional OW lounge like BA or JAL, but I'm guessing the digital membership card in my iPhone Wallet app does the same these days?
Indeed... and it's got a barcode so you can scan it at the kiosks too.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Based on my personal experience as EXP, I find both the membership ID and Luggage Tags are useful. I prefer to print out hard copies of my boarding passes (as a backup to mobile passes). I swipe my EXP card in the credit card slot in a self-service terminal to get started. It saves time. When I fly to Europe in Premium Economy or Economy, the card is helpful to enter the first class or business class lounges (I flash the card before scanning/handing-out my economy bp), and more importantly, to access the first/business check-in/cs/immigration/etc. lines (gatekeepers waves me in as soon as they see my card). etc.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by vasantn
Why would AI honor your AA status?
AI did not have to oblige but I was rerouted by American/British to AI and hence AI said they would honor it if I can show the valid Card. They would not believe the App!
vasantn likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:08 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by srikp
AI did not have to oblige but I was rerouted by American/British to AI and hence AI said they would honor it if I can show the valid Card. They would not believe the App!
I'm guessing photoshop is the culprit?
vasantn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.