Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
  • AA does not send physical ID cards for EP and PP, only 2 bag tags and a set of coupons to give AA employees in recognition of service you deem outstanding.
  • you can request a new set of bag tags and coupons; they take a L-O-N-G time to arrive by mail
  • a mod should update the title to reflect there are no physical ID cards for any level Gold-EXP
Print Wikipost

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
I just read the annoying "Welcome back" email I received and it did say I could expect my membership CARD in the mail, no mention of tags. Maybe they're for EXP only?
Tags are EXP only.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Tags are EXP only.
But questioning your loyalty to a carrier is for every status
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
I just got my "kit" in the mail. "Kit" in quotations because it was an envelope with a Welcome back letter (similar to an email I received) even though I am a first timer, an ID card, NO luggage tags, and some employee certificates that I would have NO CLUE WHAT THEY WERE had I not been a Flyertalk member. There was zero mention of them, but they were included, albeit with no instructions.

Do they only give luggage tags if you ask separately?

Could the reason I got told "welcome back" be that I qualified both the standard way AND a Hyatt challenge method in the same flight, ironic I know... or is it because they assume no one NEW would achieve status during Covid?

Crappy marketing to not explain the purpose of the employee certificates, or is it presumed I would know what they are for since AA seems to think I have resumed status rather than earning it for the first time?

Oh and lastly, my expiration is already outdated by 2 months thanks to their new special credit card loyalty program. One can only hope that SWUs aren't messed with next.

Send Rich a letter back saying his "loyalty" program sucks.
Amil likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Are people still receive elite kits in the mail ? I qualified for platinum pro back in October 3rd, now is Dec 11th already, still didn't get anything
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Are people still receive elite kits in the mail ? I qualified for platinum pro back in October 3rd, now is Dec 11th already, still didn't get anything
I qualified for PP 11/2 and got my card a week ish ago
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I qualified on 10/15 and just got my card today.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Was Plat Pro - did not receive a new card when I re-earned Plat Pro in 2021 - except the choice reward. (No matter I got extensions multiple ways).
Now earned EXP on Dec 11 and did get an email - indicating a new card in 4-6 weeks.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
I qualified for PPro a few weeks ago and just got my welcome kit in the mail. To my surprise, I received a luggage tag and no card.

​​​Do they no longer print million miler status on the luggage tags? Last time I had a status higher than gold was EXP back in 2010 so it has been a while.

​​​​​
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Requalled again and got renewal kit: luggage tag but no new member card.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Requalled again and got renewal kit: luggage tag but no new member card.
All membership cards are available in digital form.
Refresh the mobile app and it should show there. If your digital wallet card does not update, delete the card and re-load it from the AA app.

Partner lounges operated by third-party contractors that used to require the plastic cards should be equipped to accept the digital cards now.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
All membership cards are available in digital form.
Refresh the mobile app and it should show there. If your digital wallet card does not update, delete the card and re-load it from the AA app.

Partner lounges operated by third-party contractors that used to require the plastic cards should be equipped to accept the digital cards now.
I haven't run into a lounge that needs the physical card or digital one.
Either they scan my BP or I'm handed an invite at check in.
​​​​​
out of curiosity, any examples where you need to show the card?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
I haven't run into a lounge that needs the physical card or digital one.
Either they scan my BP or I'm handed an invite at check in.
​​​​​
out of curiosity, any examples where you need to show the card?

Sure. For example, some lounges at smaller airports in Spain are operated by a third-party hospitality contractor (like Melia) on behalf of AENA, the airport authority, rather than by an airline directly. The airport authority charges the sponsoring airline for each elite or premium customer who enters the lounge.

The front desk staff are basically just receptionists and do not have access to scan and verify status on boarding passes, so they would write down the elite number by hand for the lounge operator to bill the sponsoring airline later. That’s how it was pre-Covid, as recently as a few years ago. Not sure if things have changed in Spain since Covid.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Sure. For example, some lounges at smaller airports in Spain are operated by a third-party hospitality contractor (like Melia) on behalf of AENA, the airport authority, rather than by an airline directly. The airport authority charges the sponsoring airline for each elite or premium customer who enters the lounge.

The front desk staff are basically just receptionists and do not have access to scan and verify status on boarding passes, so they would write down the elite number by hand for the lounge operator to bill the sponsoring airline later. That’s how it was pre-Covid, as recently as a few years ago. Not sure if things have changed in Spain since Covid.
In those cases, I've always received an invite at check in. Similar situation, Iberia in Y out of some smaller airports in Spain. That said, I always check a bag, so if you have an electronic BP and go straight through, then it is different.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
My PP welcome kit had a tiny luggage tag without a name on it and those certificates to give to FAs for good service. Not sure what the purpose of a luggage tag with no identifying information is...
njvandy likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFflyer20
My PP welcome kit had a tiny luggage tag without a name on it and those certificates to give to FAs for good service. Not sure what the purpose of a luggage tag with no identifying information is...
Showing off that you're PP

But seriously, that's weird. Got a picture that you can share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.