Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
  • AA does not send physical ID cards for EP and PP, only 2 bag tags and a set of coupons to give AA employees in recognition of service you deem outstanding.
  • you can request a new set of bag tags and coupons; they take a L-O-N-G time to arrive by mail
  • a mod should update the title to reflect there are no physical ID cards for any level Gold-EXP
Print Wikipost

AA reinstated elite kits w/ ID and Luggage Tags for EP and PP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Majuki
I don't care about the luggage tags, but I'd like a card even if on request with a current expiration date. While the airline should be able to look up a passenger's status, a lot of the time you have to make it past the bouncer guarding the entrance. This is particularly true for the Flagship check-in areas at LAX and JFK. Despite having been on multiple eligible itineraries at both airports, I've only been on the list once.
Fair enough.

That said, the issue with the Flagship Checkin is broader than just having a card. I've been bounced from there multiple times despite having all the documentation one could ever need. The staff just don't know the rules or take pride in being .......
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
I get emails from USPS about what mail I’m receiving that day. Yesterday, I saw the image of the EXP mailer with the luggage tags. To my dismay, it was the only letter not actually in my mailbox. Hopefully a neighbor got it by accident and will return it. I hold little hope with USPS recovering mail, but I did mark it as missing on the web site. Has anyone had success getting AA to re-issue a tag if there’s lost mail? I have some documentation that it was supposed to arrive and that I marked it as not received.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:27 am

USPS Informed Delivery can be quite early when compared to when things actually physically get delivered, sometimes days.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by smithrh
USPS Informed Delivery can be quite early when compared to when things actually physically get delivered, sometimes days.
Hope that’s the case. This is the first time I recall not getting something I was expecting. That said, I don’t get as excited about bills
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BrianV
I get emails from USPS about what mail I’m receiving that day. Yesterday, I saw the image of the EXP mailer with the luggage tags. To my dismay, it was the only letter not actually in my mailbox. Hopefully a neighbor got it by accident and will return it. I hold little hope with USPS recovering mail, but I did mark it as missing on the web site. Has anyone had success getting AA to re-issue a tag if there’s lost mail? I have some documentation that it was supposed to arrive and that I marked it as not received.
I had this happen years ago and I wrote to AA who sent me another one. That one didn't show up either, so they sent me a third which reached. A few months later, the first 2 also showed up. I still have some of those tags unused somewhere.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:52 pm

you can call the EXP line and they or AAdv cust service can reissue you lost bag tags that never showed up in the mail for you. They did that for me once when i moved up to EXP but had no EXP tag show up (just had the new PPRO tag). As I recall the package took WEEKS to arrive after the call, as in 3-6 weeks. Crazy
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Got mine a few days ago, with two new tags (bigger point size on the type) and nine thankyous.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:36 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I too have had issues with AA sending me my Kits and NOT receiving them. My kit from last year never arrived, and I re-ordered this about 3 weeks ago and still havent received anything. I will be calling again and lets see if they keep records on what is being sent. I have stuff delivered by USPS to my work mailbox every day, not sure why these things from AA seem to somehow be "jinxex" or something....?

Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Got mine a few days ago, with two new tags (bigger point size on the type) and nine thankyous.
Good data point, thanks for sharing. Do you recall how long ago you requested them...?

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I also had what looked like my EXP kit appear on USPS informed delivery early Jan this year and I never received it. Often mail delivery appears 1-2 days later, rarely 1-2 weeks later, but this is my first time it has seemed to disappear entirely.

Is there a group within the USPS secretly obsessed with collecting others' status tags?
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:42 am

Maybe AA is just understaffed in the department that does these things and everything just takes ages....?

These tags have not much use to someone that doesnt have the same name.....

Originally Posted by lrdpenn
Is there a group within the USPS secretly obsessed with collecting others' status tags?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Do you recall how long it took to get your "kit"....? I called and ordered mine 15 days ago and still havent received anything. Its interesting that you got your PPro Kit first.... in my case I hit that 2 months ago but never got anything... perhaps Im blacklisted...?? BTW, what thank you coupons did you get.....?

Thanks
I qualified for EXP in mid January, receive the kit last week (23 Feb). The thank you certificates are now expiring in 2024.

I am assuming they are making the kits in batches, rather than one-off printing.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My EXP kit only has one brag tag and the tag no longer shows my 2MM status
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Maybe AA is just understaffed in the department that does these things and everything just takes ages....?

These tags have not much use to someone that doesnt have the same name.....
I was referring (jokingly) to the USPS. It seems odd that several here have had what seems like delivery issues, especially the envelopes not arriving after appearing on the informed delivery email!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Good data point, thanks for sharing. Do you recall how long ago you requested them...?
I did not request them. The package (the two tags and nine tickets) showed up unbidden.

​​​​​​​What? Yeah weird!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.