Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
happiest_at_40000, I think you're trying far too hard. Would this even been an enjoyable experience? If you really want to visit all 3 FFDs, why not break it up over two days?

-FlyerBeek
Fair point, I guess I was just trying to do it on 1 ticket/1 price point. If I did it over 2 days I need 2 qualifying FF tickets. I was thinking of trying to use up a United credit and fly the 787-10 one way cross country with the other way being a single ticket with a web special on miles for the AA FFD x 3 quest.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
1) Why? Your passion is obvious, and just curious for the motivation.
2) Your passion for FFD is so far ahead of most others on FT, so I doubt anyone else will spend any of their free time to figure the solution to your quest.
Well I've never done DFW FFD so was hoping to try it and the new menu at MIA looks good. And I am still upset for being wrongly denied last month at MIA when I could have tried the new menu.

I guess also I dont have any planned trips until June so was bored and thinking of flying this weekend and the FFD x 3 on same day seemed fun.
ps9a likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Burgers

A very important question here- is their famous burger served at all the FF locations? Or just JFK?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer
A very important question here- is their famous burger served at all the FF locations? Or just JFK?
Don't know about DFW, but I've had the burger at JFK, MIA and LAX. Seems to taste better if you order a double-portion of french fries.
renila and ryanbriar like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
Don't know about DFW, but I've had the burger at JFK, MIA and LAX. Seems to taste better if you order a double-portion of french fries.
Also, you need to, at least at the JFK FD, request they put on some extra cheese!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by asnovici
ORD FL opening has been delayed to sometime in April per AC agent in ORD a couple of days ago.
nooooo!!! 😢 Fingers crossed open by the time I go through.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

FFD JFK

Hi,
Here are some photos from my FFD dining yesterday at JFK (sadly I was too early for the one at MIA).
The JFK service was ok - some staff were better while some was just ok. The place was quite empty when I arrived around 5pm, but started to fill up around 6pm. I guess for those who frequent this place, you'll know the older, tall guy - he seems to be quite chatty with quite the tables he serves.
The flagship lounge itself was packed - and walking into the FFD was night/day difference. [I wonder how the whole place will be when BA moves their operations into T8]

Food menu

Drink menu

Dessert

Oyster

Tuna (I felt they drowned it in soy sauce)

Corn bread (initially I declined, but another staff just placed it without asking)

Lamb chops

Petit Filet

Long Island duck (my fav)

Flight of dessert

Poached pear with cinnamon
ceebee100 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:08 am
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
nooooo!!! 😢 Fingers crossed open by the time I go through.
I wouldn't hold your breath. AA seems to be doing everything to delay opening this lounge up. Unfortunately, ORD doesn't have a ton of international flights this summer. Mostly London and maybe the 1 to Paris. JAL and Iberia use the Flagship lounge as well. So, what is that.. maybe 7-8 ish flights a day using the flagship?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by NPZ
I wouldn't hold your breath. AA seems to be doing everything to delay opening this lounge up. Unfortunately, ORD doesn't have a ton of international flights this summer. Mostly London and maybe the 1 to Paris. JAL and Iberia use the Flagship lounge as well. So, what is that.. maybe 7-8 ish flights a day using the flagship?
When I did my count, I came up with 16 wide bodies with eligible business or first classes. 5 flights to London, then CDG, BCN, ATH, HND, HEL, MAD, FCO, DUB, HKG, AMN, and DOH. Am I missing any?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
AY departs from T5, so it would be very inconvenient to access the T3 AC (or FL, when it opens), as T3 and T5 are not connected airside. https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx shows the airside transfer bus is not operating at the moment. If you are arriving from an AA flight, though, it will not be a problem, and perhaps you can go to both the AC and the AY contract lounge (Swissport per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ORD, but perhaps you can also use the BA lounge if it is open and if they don't cite capacity issues). That being said, I second JJeffrey. I took a JL flight from ORD a few months ago and was disappointed at first the FL was not open, but it turned out the AC worked alright for me. I'm not sure if the Swissport lounge was the one I used once before a CX flight (and it was mediocre), but comparing the BA lounge at T5 and the AC at H/K, I wouldn't necessarily say the AC at H/K is inferior.
Good observation, but I didn't define my itinerary very well, so my apologies. I fly into Chicago on AA and then have an extended layover. I could choose to stay in T3 for a long time or immediately hightail it to T5.

Given the feedback I received, I'll likely spend my time in T3 for the majority of my stay. The pictures I've been able to find if BA lounge do not very inviting.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:59 am
NPZ

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by trvlr70
When I did my count, I came up with 16 wide bodies with eligible business or first classes. 5 flights to London, then CDG, BCN, ATH, HND, HEL, MAD, FCO, DUB, HKG, AMN, and DOH. Am I missing any?
are all those flights going yet and do most of them fly out of 3?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by NPZ
are all those flights going yet and do most of them fly out of 3?
No, this is the summer schedule. And it’s a combination of T3 and T5 departures. But all the listed flights would be Flagship lounge eligible.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by AAL1
Good observation, but I didn't define my itinerary very well, so my apologies. I fly into Chicago on AA and then have an extended layover. I could choose to stay in T3 for a long time or immediately hightail it to T5.

Given the feedback I received, I'll likely spend my time in T3 for the majority of my stay. The pictures I've been able to find if BA lounge do not very inviting.
I've done that a few times. Using the transfer bus (not running - but a stress even if it is as it takes ages). I'm guessing it doesn't take long to transfer from T3 to T5 on the ATS?

Fingers crossed on the FL opening early April.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,
Here are some photos from my FFD dining yesterday at JFK (sadly I was too early for the one at MIA).
The JFK service was ok - some staff were better while some was just ok. The place was quite empty when I arrived around 5pm, but started to fill up around 6pm. I guess for those who frequent this place, you'll know the older, tall guy - he seems to be quite chatty with quite the tables he serves.
The flagship lounge itself was packed - and walking into the FFD was night/day difference. [I wonder how the whole place will be when BA moves their operations into T8
Great pics and entree commentary. Thanks for sharing. That duck looks great.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Don't know about other routes, but HKG is not coming back any time soon. Even if it does, it might just be ~2 flights/mo. As others have mentioned, it would also be in T5. HND is also 3 weekly now I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.