Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
This is likely moot for you, since LAX FFD is still closed with no announced reopening, and MIA FFD opens at 1pm, too late for your flight.

However, if you had an open FFD (perhaps you change your flight), are you sure each of your certificates is only good for 1 person? Check the terms. OMAAT reported:
Correct. the CK FFD certificates are good for immediate family or 2 guests.
JBauer likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
DFW_CK and I gave ourselves plenty of connect time and wound up with more than 6 hours in the Flagship First Dining today. No Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle, but everything else was great.

Cool pics. Read your post so quick before looking at all the pics and thought you said DFW and I was going to say isnt that the JFK menu. Nice pics. The MIA menu speaks to me more than JFK but just a personal thing.

Does anyone have any menu or food pics of DFW FFD? it did open last week or weeks ago even by now no?
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
So here's my situation - my first itinerary is DFW-XXX on a coach ticket. My next itinerary is XXX-MIA-LHR-XXX. The MIA-LHR is in FC on an AA ticket on BA metal.

I certainly plan to enjoy the MIA FFD but my question is whether I will be able to access FL at DFW or, pause for effect, even FFD at DFW. I'm not holding my breath but i thought I would ask the experts.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:38 pm

I am very curious what the verdict is. The MIA FFD is based on the special agreement with AA/BA but at DFW I would think no FFD b/c even if BA has the same agreement at DFW, you're not departing from DFW on the BA F flight. However, maybe you will get invited to FFD even so, just by a nice agent. FL at DFW should be no issue as you are on a same day (i assume same day) itinerary.

You cant just go from DFW to MIA instead of DFW to XXX then XXX to MIA?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
DFW-LHR-XXX was about $2K more than XXX-MiA-LHR-XXX, which explains the positioning Y ticket. And yes, the DFW-XXX is the same day as the XXX-MIA-LHR-XXX. I'll definitely give it the old college try/sad-eye try with the FL/FFD agent at DFW and report what happened.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Grail
So here's my situation - my first itinerary is DFW-XXX on a coach ticket. My next itinerary is XXX-MIA-LHR-XXX. The MIA-LHR is in FC on an AA ticket on BA metal.

I certainly plan to enjoy the MIA FFD but my question is whether I will be able to access FL at DFW or, pause for effect, even FFD at DFW. I'm not holding my breath but i thought I would ask the experts.

Any thoughts?
Pre-corona I got into DFW FFD with a BP for LAX-JFK on a separate ticket. Just handed over the BP for the transcon and they let me in no problem.

I realize this is a little different than your scenario, and we're in different times, but I could see that maybe working out for you.

Please report back.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thanks. And this is why I love FT

Each pass is valid in conjunction with a same day ticket, and you can bring in your immediate family or two guests with you.”

thanks so much!
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Hi,

I’ve got about 5 hours in LAX on Tuesday, before flying out on AA134 to LHR (business tickets). I’m guessing the Flagship Lounge is the best option, as Qantas First lounge still not open.

does anyone know if the showers at the flagship lounge are open yet (they were still closed last time I was through there)? I guess the other option is the oneworld business lounge in TBIT.

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by coxm
Hi,

I’ve got about 5 hours in LAX on Tuesday, before flying out on AA134 to LHR (business tickets). I’m guessing the Flagship Lounge is the best option, as Qantas First lounge still not open.

does anyone know if the showers at the flagship lounge are open yet (they were still closed last time I was through there)? I guess the other option is the oneworld business lounge in TBIT.

thanks in advance!
Iirc, the LAX FL showers reopened about the same time as the FL. There have been several posts of people using the showers there since. For example:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33980126-post483.html
coxm and ernestnywang like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
They've been open since the end of January.
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Showers are open in LAX FL today!
Originally Posted by mikeriegel1
Happy to confirm that today FF is open and showers are available - but no FF Dining yet.
coxm likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

Hi,

thanks in advance!
Yes open and they are Hot... Unlike MIA & JFK.
SkyTeam777 and coxm like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm sure a zillion people have asked already, but is there any word on when FFD will reopen in LAX? FL is open, right?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by redtop43
I'm sure a zillion people have asked already, but is there any word on when FFD will reopen in LAX? FL is open, right?
Asked an AAgent at the front desk about 2 weeks ago and was told "Since both MIA and JFK are open, it should be within a few months." My translation: "We don't know." I've come to the conclusion that their guess is as good as ours.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Asked an AAgent at the front desk about 2 weeks ago and was told "Since both MIA and JFK are open, it should be within a few months." My translation: "We don't know." I've come to the conclusion that their guess is as good as ours.
If it was one of the 3 agents who told me "Do you see LAX-SFO listed here on Flagship routes, no you dont so you dont get in to LAX FL unless ur going to direct to JFK" then I would trust that octopus that picks Superbowl winners more than anything they told you at LA lol

For real though I dont get why that FFD isnt open when it has 15 flights a day between JFK, BOS & LAX. I believe b/c of the BOS flights it has more FF flights per day than JFK. JFK has the one to SNA but LAX has the 3 to BOS.

So hoping it does open at some point. I am most excited about that chef of the 5.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
For real though I dont get why that FFD isnt open when it has 15 flights a day between JFK, BOS & LAX. I believe b/c of the BOS flights it has more FF flights per day than JFK. JFK has the one to SNA but LAX has the 3 to BOS.
I think JFK has more FF flights (4/day to SFO, 1-2 extra to LHR, GRU, CDG...), but it's not a huge number, and it doesn't seem like there's a great reason not to open LAX FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.