Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
LAX FL above and herein
aquanine and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:53 pm

Is this the Flagship Dining menu or just a snack menu?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Is this the Flagship Dining menu or just a snack menu?
LAX FFD is still closed. That's just the menu for the buffet in the Flagship Lounge.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:38 pm

LAX FL. I didn't need a shower but dog, bollocks, lol.
chrisny2 and aquanine like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:48 pm

Nice scotch at LAX. Time to head back to SFO.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Showers are open in LAX FL today!
Amazing! Wonder if that means the LAX AC will be opening their showers since it's essentially the same bank of showers for both lounge facilities (unlike the other open ACs/FLs where the showers are separated). Doubtful, I know.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
LAX FFD is still closed. That's just the menu for the buffet in the Flagship Lounge.

-FlyerBeek
Still very nice.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Amazing! Wonder if that means the LAX AC will be opening their showers since it's essentially the same bank of showers for both lounge facilities (unlike the other open ACs/FLs where the showers are separated). Doubtful, I know.

-FlyerBeek
I asked, and the answer was no for now, with the short-staffing excuse. I guess they can handle the shower usage load from the FL but not from the AC too. And perhaps they want to wait until they can reopen AC showers nationwide somewhat uniformly.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:22 pm

I asked, and the answer was no for now, with the short-staffing excuse. I guess they can handle the shower usage load from the FL but not from the AC too. And perhaps they want to wait until they can reopen AC showers nationwide somewhat uniformly.
Figured as much. Oh well. Thanks for asking.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:19 pm

That's IF they plan to actually reopen AC showers. I could see them never coming back and flagship only.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by work2fly

Nice scotch at LAX. Time to head back to SFO.
Nice! This used to be offered at the SFO UA PL pre-covid, IIRC.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: EXP AA, Hilton Diamond
LAX FF

Happy to confirm that today FF is open and showers are available - but no FF Dining yet. Lounge is pretty busy - about 2/3 full. Interesting that now after having been at the Centurion lounges around the USA and this is my first time back in Flagship First lounge - the Centurion lounges have better food hands down than FF - at least for the buffet offerings.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Such awesome news LAX actually opened. I'm happy with seeing that.

Now of course... do we have any info on ORD or DFW?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by mikeriegel1
Happy to confirm that today FF is open and showers are available - but no FF Dining yet. Lounge is pretty busy - about 2/3 full. Interesting that now after having been at the Centurion lounges around the USA and this is my first time back in Flagship First lounge - the Centurion lounges have better food hands down than FF - at least for the buffet offerings.
I hate to be picky, but perhaps you could update your post to avoid confusing people skimming this thread quickly. There is no such thing as a "Flagship First lounge". It is just the "Flagship Lounge", commonly abbreviated here as FL. The "Flagship First" branding applies only to the special table-service dining option.
jerry a. laska and Global321 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by RobertClouse
Now of course... do we have any info on ORD or DFW?
Per a TPG article posted today, DFW and ORD FLs are "reopening this spring." IIRC, another FT poster recently said an agent told them sometime in March for DFW, but I've got no idea how credible that estimate is (probably not very).

-FlyerBeek
RobertClouse and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.