Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
I was just in the elevator at ORD K AC on the way up. A couple next to me kept hitting the “FLAGSHIP LOUNGE” button but it wouldn’t stay lit. The woman looks at me “is the flagship lounge nice?” I said “most certainly however unfortunately there is no flagship lounge in your immediate future as only JFK. MIA and LAX are open”. The husband chuckled however she looked like a flight attendant who just noticed a lit call button. They just shrugged their shoulders and when they walked out on the AC floor I heard them saying to an agent “ hey that flagship thing isn’t open is it?”

ceebee100 and Spanish like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:25 pm

Anybody know the new hours on the DFW Flagship reopening?
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Hoping the DFW Flagship lounge reopens by summer. Have a flight in J connecting through DFW and would love a quality alternative to the Centurion lounge if that is overcrowded.
(Source: OMAAT)
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Hoping the DFW Flagship lounge reopens by summer. Have a flight in J connecting through DFW and would love a quality alternative to the Centurion lounge if that is overcrowded.
Capitol One Venture X club across from the DFW FL is decent. Next time we go through DFW will do a little lounge hopping and compare the two if the FL really opens in early March. Don't hold your breath. The DFW Centurion Lounge was a nightmare with a dirty carpet, crowded, and screaming children in early Feb. Run away.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by stevenf1
Any intel on when Flagship First Dining will resume in the LAX lounge?
Dying to know this also !!! 15 FF routes, roughly.. JFK, MIA & LHR. How is this possible?? FL is open, new chef, talented chef at that. The place is up and running why not open FFD??
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by work2fly
We were in the JFK FL for several hours Sunday afternoon and evening, and it was decently filled most of the time. We were seated in the front, and saw quite a bit of flow into and out of the vaunted FFD doors. We got the hankering for a steak, went to Bobby Vans and got the last open table out on the "patio". All in all, much busier than we expected for mid holiday weekend travel.

We also found the FL food selections to be more limited and lackluster compared to LAX. The alcohol selection was also about half the size as that at LAX.
Weakest FL by a mile. I dont even think the MIA food is that great when you actually taste it but it by far looks and sounds better and there feels like its more of it.

And at JFK how can you not have one freaking sleeper chair. Total Joke. And who is the idiot who set the quiet room right next to the only 2 TV's
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:52 pm

Was there recently and had almost the same as you guys. I ordered the burger & lamb since I didn't find any of the starters appealing. The lamb was prepared perfectly (medium rare) and I thought it was pretty good.

Haven't been to MIA's FD in a very long time--maybe 5 years ago--and was on, if I recall, an MIA to LHR flight. Is it that much better? Only the int'l routes have access to MIA FD or, like JFK, TCONs?

PS - Ordered my burger medium and it came well done with not much cheese. So, while the lamb was fine, the burger this time was disappointing. To be fair, there were many times when the burger was cooked perfectly and very good.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:43 pm

I've been to a few FL over the years, but never FFD. I have a long layover tomorrow at JFK. Can I have FFD lunch, leave, wander around for a few hours and come back for a FFD dinner? Or is it a one and done?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rhg247
I've been to a few FL over the years, but never FFD. I have a long layover tomorrow at JFK. Can I have FFD lunch, leave, wander around for a few hours and come back for a FFD dinner? Or is it a one and done?
There is no limit to the time you can spend in FFD on the day you qualify for access. In theory, you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner, coming and going as often as you wish.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
There is no limit to the time you can spend in FFD on the day you qualify for access. In theory, you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner, coming and going as often as you wish.
I'm honored that the great SFO777 replied. You have some great trip reports! And thanks for the info, that's what I assumed, but couldn't find the answer in black and white anywhere. So thanks again!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:45 am

Don't forget to add in a shower to refresh yourself between meals.
jcatman likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
Don't forget to add in a shower to refresh yourself between meals.
Haha...good idea to visit the AA self service "spa".
LCSinTexas and robertablake like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
While I believe that this is the way it "should" be, some people have reported being told that they can enter only once. I don't think you're likely to have a problem returning for a second meal, it's something to keep in mind.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
While I believe that this is the way it "should" be, some people have reported being told that they can enter only once. I don't think you're likely to have a problem returning for a second meal, it's something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the warning. I could totally see the reAAlity of the situation being different than it should be. I already pulled the trigger on lunch. And just asked the host at the door...said it wasn't an issue.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Confirmed that I have done this before pre COVID when I experienced a several hour delay at LAX. I’ve also done this at LAX on longer international layovers (FFD —> QF F to hang out —> FFD).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.