Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:34 am

This is all great, but showers at clubs need to come back
EXPLAT and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I’m in the DFW flagship lounge now. well the AAngel opened it up for me to chill by myself for more privacy. Really nice of her. They open to public if needed for overflow as mentioned.

she said that she doesn’t think it will open until early next year, even though AA said this fall. Hopefully she’s wrong as I’m flying back here Dec 3 but that is definitely not “this fall” AA….
golfmad and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I’m in the DFW flagship lounge now. well the AAngel opened it up for me to chill by myself for more privacy. Really nice of her. They open to public if needed for overflow as mentioned.

she said that she doesn’t think it will open until early next year, even though AA said this fall. Hopefully she’s wrong as I’m flying back here Dec 3 but that is definitely not “this fall” AA….
Thanks for the data point. Indeed, definitely not “this fall.” Disappointing to completely miss holiday traffic, knowing DFW has been pretty busy with flights that would qualify.
jamabam likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by airb330
Thanks for the data point. Indeed, definitely not “this fall.” Disappointing to completely miss holiday traffic, knowing DFW has been pretty busy with flights that would qualify.
I was in today and was packed full with barely a seat free. When the LHR and CDG flights went it calmed down but seems plenty enough.trafic to reopen the Flagship
MsEllie likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Heard the same thing about best guess early 2022 when I asked during my visit there a few days ago. I suppose technically AA has until late December to meet “fall” target.
robertablake likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by econ
Heard the same thing about best guess early 2022 when I asked during my visit there a few days ago. I suppose technically AA has until late December to meet “fall” target.
December 20th to be exact.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
Outstanding service and food at FFD JFK October 21

Just a few pics from my visit to FFD last month at JFK. I was in a rush but service was impeccable - friendly and efficient and super helpful. The champagne - Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle ($150/bottle) was awesome and the food was absolutely delicious and most definitely restaurant quality.....warm cornbread, fennel salad and salmon tataki. Having visited a couple of times now since re-opening I really look forward to my visits (and curse the traffic delays from Manhattan meaning less time in FFD). Now open LAX FFD please!!!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by robertablake
December 20th to be exact.
Actually Dec 21st at 09:59 CST so that gives them a few extra hours to open just under the wire.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:56 am

has anyone heard a date for the LAX flagship lounge to reopen? They seemed to honor the dates set for JFK and MIA IIRC.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by lunchtime
has anyone heard a date for the LAX flagship lounge to reopen? They seemed to honor the dates set for JFK and MIA IIRC.
Yes, scroll up a few posts.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by lunchtime
As mentioned above, the LAX/DFW/ORD FLs are supposed to open by "later this fall." So, probably anytime between now and late-December would be within the window of what AA has announced.

-FlyerBeek
Traveler980 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Not sure the dessert menu has been posted. I had the dessert flight but would try something different next time.

While the steak was just OK, the the smoked trout appetizer and scallops dish absolutely brew me away! Fantastic flavor and textures, that’s what I’m looking forward to most whenever I return.

Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Is paid access to FFD still an option?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Is paid access to FFD still an option?
As far as I know, only paid access to the Flagship Lounge ( not Flagship First Dining ) is possible for $150 per entry.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As far as I know, only paid access to the Flagship Lounge ( not Flagship First Dining ) is possible for $150 per entry.
This suggested it was at least trialed...

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...dining-access/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.