Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I made my first FL visit since January, 2020 last weekend at JFK. Full report here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33712105-post464.html

Overall very similar to what I remember from 2019 and 2020 in terms of food and liquor. It was great to be back.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:05 pm

Be careful if you are flying on the flagship transcon MIA-LAX route that departs at 1341. FFD opens at 1300.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsimon926
Be careful if you are flying on the flagship transcon MIA-LAX route that departs at 1341. FFD opens at 1300.
Thats why I didnt book that flight. I think it shows that AA doesnt really want MIA-LAX flyers to use the facility. Im hoping to get in after the eastbound flight arrives at 8:39, but you never know..
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Thats why I didnt book that flight. I think it shows that AA doesnt really want MIA-LAX flyers to use the facility. Im hoping to get in after the eastbound flight arrives at 8:39, but you never know..
Yeah, I recommend just flying in J to get the FL access, but the F ticket isn't worth the value at 3x the cost of J.

I didn't put two and two together until they didn't give me a card when I showed up at the lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Yeah, I recommend just flying in J to get the FL access, but the F ticket isn't worth the value at 3x the cost of J.
It is for the eastbound if youre paying $944, need to get to $2K EQD to maintain EXP, and have a shot at FFD.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Angry

I visited FFD in JFK last week and it was superb, as always (every bit as good as pre-COVID). Upon arrival in LAX, I was informed that the FL Lounge itself at LAX will not be reopening until January 2022; so much for later this fall
simonsuo likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
I'm surprised AA didn't have the flight depart at 1259
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Do they allow you to use FFD on arrival in MIA from LAX (assuming you flew flagship First)?

Also, is there any other benefit to flying F over J on the 777 on this route? The seats look marginally better. Is service/food the same?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Do they allow you to use FFD on arrival in MIA from LAX (assuming you flew flagship First)?

Also, is there any other benefit to flying F over J on the 777 on this route? The seats look marginally better. Is service/food the same?
Except for 26 Dec, all the LAX-MIA 777s arrive before 1 or after 8. If Im coming from West Coast time, 8 would feel like 11 and Id just want to go to sleep. AA appears to be quite strategic.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by therossinator
Except for 26 Dec, all the LAX-MIA 777s arrive before 1 or after 8. If Im coming from West Coast time, 8 would feel like 11 and Id just want to go to sleep. AA appears to be quite strategic.
Isn't it the other way round - i.e. 8pm EST = 5pm PST? Do they allow you to do FFD in MIA on arrival?
TWA884 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:06 pm

Isn't it the other way round - i.e. 8pm EST = 5pm PST? Do they allow you to do FFD in MIA on arrival?
You are correct. I clearly have not truly earned my elite status, lol. I read somewhere that you do get access on arrival, but for the life of me I cant find the reference.
Enigma368 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:50 pm

They certainly should. No problem at JFK on arrival But its MIA.

My understanding is the food is the same, but there may be an additional beverage selection? Seats a bit better, I think. Anyone care to chime in?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:15 pm

They certainly should. No problem at JFK on arrival But its MIA.

My understanding is the food is the same, but there may be an additional beverage selection? Seats a bit better, I think. Anyone care to chime in?
This of FF from Saturday (front of menu says FF). Anyone have a recent Flagship Business menu to compare?

Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:12 am

Wow thanks for this. I had booked this exactly and for FFD on an upcoming flight in December. Now I at least have time to move things around! Glad I caught this comment.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by PremiumSeat
I visited FFD in JFK last week and it was superb, as always (every bit as good as pre-COVID). Upon arrival in LAX, I was informed that the FL Lounge itself at LAX will not be reopening until January 2022; so much for later this fall
Just in time for the Superbowl which is in LA this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.