Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by remedy
They said they were full with BA business customers. Could see through the windows, and it was not that crowded. I was on AA business to ZRH and pleaded my case. Got rejected on the trip home too. I the past, I have been admitted as a OW Sapphire on a domestic flight, but it look some persuading ("I fly BA business from PHX - LHR several times per year" - mostly true)
There have been several posts on this and most find it is difficult to get admitted to the BA club unless you are on BA.
This is par for the course there. I've been admitted, but several times had to basically stand my ground and call them out on their BS.

Yet another arrow in PHL's endless quiver of excellence.
ryanbriar and Spanish like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
This is par for the course there. I've been admitted, but several times had to basically stand my ground and call them out on their BS.
Yeah, i've been given a lot of BS even when I do stand my ground. I wrote toBA over the summer who did apologize and note I was correct. The service recovery (I did not ask for any) was some money off a future BA flight, which is useless, but hey at least they know the agents go rogue daily in that lounge now. Now I just laugh and go to the Centurion, but it has become sort of a game, "can we get in today?"
ryanbriar and Antarius like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Minor rant about DFW FL...where's the beef? We're in Texas. I need something to compliment the Textbook Cab! Second choice would be some chocolate, but the only chocolates are petit fours and Hershey Kisses. Where's the Seattle mix, with the chocolate covered coffee beans?

All in all, the food is fresh, flavorful, and well executed. Butter chicken and a good fish dish for the mains. The cook to order is another veg dish, pasta with spinach and mushrooms. Craving the lamb sliders from the LAX FL about now.
chrisny2 and haroon145 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I had a beef based Osso Buco a couple weeks ago in DFW FL (it was divine!). Has the menu changed for December?

LcS
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Nah.
Dead serious questions: why do you even fly AA with regular people? Why are you not flying Netjets or chartering your own private jets? Why don't you own your own G5 or Challenger?
RichieMc likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Dead serious questions: why do you even fly AA with regular people? Why are you not flying Netjets or chartering your own private jets? Why don't you own your own G5 or Challenger?
Netjets?!!?! Chartering?!?? You mean share with the unwashed masses that can’t even afford their own private jet?! The horror!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:32 am

Bravery or stupidity? Raw oyster at ORD FL.
ryanbriar and madmanshoney like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by work2fly

Were they shucked to order?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Were they shucked to order?
No, but it passed the sniff test. It was good. Happy to report I feel fine a couple of hours later.
Global321 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Minor rant about DFW FL...where's the beef? We're in Texas. I need something to compliment the Textbook Cab! Second choice would be some chocolate, but the only chocolates are petit fours and Hershey Kisses. Where's the Seattle mix, with the chocolate covered coffee beans?

All in all, the food is fresh, flavorful, and well executed. Butter chicken and a good fish dish for the mains. The cook to order is another veg dish, pasta with spinach and mushrooms. Craving the lamb sliders from the LAX FL about now.
You missed it. It started with a pretty good Beef Stroganoff in September and from about early October until my last visit about a week ago it was an Asian beef dish. Both tasty. Cheers!
Old Dec 12, 2022, 7:53 pm

Very happy with the Asian inspired offerings at ORD FL today. Pic of my appetizers and salad above. Had a sweet and sour sort of chicken made with gojuchang, black pepper steak, fried rice, and bok choy for my mains. Not unlike panda express, but in a good way
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:38 am

LOL...much, much braver than I! Before long flights, I even get nervous with sashimi, let alone raw oysters!

Jokes aside, I vaguely recalled many years ago where the ORD FL had one of the best food spreads I'd have ever seen with various dishes rotating throughout the day. I'm assuming, still the case? Will finally have a chance again to grace the halls of their lounge next month.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...much, much braver than I! Before long flights, I even get nervous with sashimi, let alone raw oysters!

Jokes aside, I vaguely recalled many years ago where the ORD FL had one of the best food spreads I'd have ever seen with various dishes rotating throughout the day. I'm assuming, still the case? Will finally have a chance again to grace the halls of their lounge next month.
I was only there a couple of hours midday and the offerings didn't change.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by Antarius

Yet another arrow in PHL's endless quiver of excellence.
This is why sapphire should be administered physical cards. The lady at LAX earlier this week originally did not want to admit me to the flagship check in until she saw my gold card on British. I’m sure having a silver card with Sapphire would alleviate a lot of the problems that you’re having. I find that some of the agents are not crazy about the digital card.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish
This is why sapphire should be administered physical cards. The lady at LAX earlier this week originally did not want to admit me to the flagship check in until she saw my gold card on British. I’m sure having a silver card with Sapphire would alleviate a lot of the problems that you’re having. I find that some of the agents are not crazy about the digital card.
Was your BAEC number on your PNR? If so, that’s strange that she’d want to see it at all. When I use my RAM card to access FLs on domestic flights (not attached to my PNR), I pull up this shady pdf saved in my files so they can read / key the number in. Once I’ve gotten past explaining that AT is in fact a OW airline, I’ve never been told that the pdf doesn’t suffice. The reality is that their portal tells them if the number you’ve provided qualifies for access.
LowValueCustomer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.