Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
True. But when/if the FLs start to reopen who knows whether the showers will actually be available. The showers should have been reopened months ago in the ACs.

-FlyerBeek
I hadnt even thought of that....Sh&%T. They freaking better open the showers. Most important thing before a double digit hours flight..

How can they not- totally just another way for them to save money.. Ridiculous !! And anyways they are cleaning and sanitizing after each shower so how in the world is there a Covid concern here.

Was hoping to shower in MIA in a few weeks once FL/FFD is opened.

Report on here in early summer about AC showers open at MIA got me excited but that report was inaccurate.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I hadnt even thought of that....Sh&%T. They freaking better open the showers. Most important thing before a double digit hours flight..
I didn't think of before flight. I'm doing JFK-LAX but after 3 hours on Amtrak then LIRR and Airtrain. I may need a shower.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I didn't think of before flight. I'm doing JFK-LAX but after 3 hours on Amtrak then LIRR and Airtrain. I may need a shower.
Wow thats a lot of different methods of transport to get to the airport. That absolutely requires a shower before the flight. I also shower before my AA transcon routes..

Where you coming from that it takes 3 diff ways to get to JFK? I'm only familiar with coming from Mid town via Uber/Lyft.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
True. But when/if the FLs start to reopen who knows whether the showers will actually be available.
Perhaps I am too trusting, but I am comforted that the official FL announcement says:
Shower suites will now feature Dyson Supersonic hair dryers to enhance the premium guest experience.
implying that showers will be part of the reopening.

Originally Posted by mileshound
That absolutely requires a shower before the flight. I also shower before my AA transcon routes..
Hmm, I think most people typically shower every 24 hours (either first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening), so even if it's 4 hours on transit plus 2 hours in the airport plus 7 hours on the plane (day flight) plus 1 hour to the ground destination, that's 14 hours and within a normal day between showers.

Where you coming from that it takes 3 diff ways to get to JFK? I'm only familiar with coming from Mid town via Uber/Lyft.
Amtrak+LIRR+AirTrain sounds typical if coming from somewhere outside NYC. LIRR+AirTrain is a normal transit method to JFK from within NYC (e.g., Penn Station).
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:47 pm
Suspended

heres to hoping they go al a carte
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:56 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Perhaps I am too trusting, but I am comforted that the official FL announcement says:

implying that showers will be part of the reopening.

Hmm, I think most people typically shower every 24 hours (either first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening), so even if it's 4 hours on transit plus 2 hours in the airport plus 7 hours on the plane (day flight) plus 1 hour to the ground destination, that's 14 hours and within a normal day between showers.

Amtrak+LIRR+AirTrain sounds typical if coming from somewhere outside NYC. LIRR+AirTrain is a normal transit method to JFK from within NYC (e.g., Penn Station).
I cant do public transportation when heading to an airport. Cant risk being in a hot train,subway bus, etc. Too close too ppl. Need to be Cold not hot before flying. Always take Uber with request for blasting AC which is already on my profile always. Absolutely hate being hot or sweaty. Upon arrival if heading to hotel and can shower I dont mind it but I tend to just want to take an uber and get to where i am going. Although maybe in NYC of all places I should try the routing mentioned above. However just seems like a headache from JfK to midtown when i can do an Uber. I miss that helicopter United had a while back, I enjoyed that. Sorry maybe it was Continental that had it, from Newark for sure.

One shower per 24 hours thats insane. But they dont call me Shower King for nothing lol. I do an immediate shower upon waking up just to heat up my back and lossen up. No soap or shampoo or anything. Then I surf. Then post surf jacuzzi and then a real shower (soap, shampool, etc)........Then go on with my day. Lunch, work, home.. 2nd jacuzzi session of the day, elliptical for an hour, another real shower and then dinner. I love showering, and jacuzzi so between the 2 of them i am in 5 a day. And i shower at every lounge pre flight, for transcon and international flights......... Probably way more info than anyone needed......... Kind of bored. Supposed to be in Hong Kong and Singapore as I write this Uggh
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:30 pm

Yes, am ~150 miles outside NYC and only direct flights to NYC area are to EWR. I could fly and connect thru another city but I got FF JFK-LAX for 35k miles I so jumped on it.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Who would qualify for FFD out of DFW given current flight operations? Aren't there just two nonstops daily offering 3-class First: one AA and one BA flight to LHR?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Who would qualify for FFD out of DFW given current flight operations? Aren't there just two nonstops daily offering 3-class First: one AA and one BA flight to LHR?
FFD was never heavily utilized anyway. But there would also be pax on connections to 3-class F, e.g., DFW-JFK-LHR or DFW-MIA-EZE, right?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:17 pm

FFD was never heavily utilized anyway. But there would also be pax on connections to 3-class F, e.g., DFW-JFK-LHR or DFW-MIA-EZE, right?
Yes most of DFW FFD traffic would always be connecting to (or from) a 3 class flight. I feel like some just dont realize they have access or at least not on a connection.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by xman1
Your a surfer so you are allowed to do anything in my eyes. I wish i could surf, i need to put more time into it.
Haha thanks And well growing up in Malibu, it is just customary
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yes most of DFW FFD traffic would always be connecting to (or from) a 3 class flight. I feel like some just dont realize they have access or at least not on a connection.
Just a polite correction.. 4 class flights (F/ J/ PE /Y). .
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
How can they not- totally just another way for them to save money.. Ridiculous !! And anyways they are cleaning and sanitizing after each shower so how in the world is there a Covid concern here.
I believe their current stated rational for keeping the showers closed had to do with handling the used towels, IIRC. Of course, it's all cost savings at the end of the day. If they can figure out how to clean the inflight linens, they could have a solution for the showers by now. I'm so tired of coming off a TPAC with a domestic connection and not being able to shower for the last year. Hopefully you're right about the showers reopening coinciding with FL reopening.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Likely FFD Hours for MIA?

For trip planning purposes, it's important to know when FFD dining facilities will be open. During pre-pandemic times both LAX and JFK were open pretty much throughout the day, while MIA didn't open until 2 pm or so. But back then, there were no regular 3-class flights between MIA and LAX. Now there are, at least temporarily, and in Nov/Dec one of them leaves before 2 pm. Any guesses as to whether FFD MIA will open by 11:30 or noon this time, to accommodate the subject flight? I figure they won't accommodate it...what do you guys think?

Last edited by Explore; Sep 10, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
For trip planning purposes, it's important to know when FFD dining facilities will be open. During pre-pandemic times both LAX and JFK were open pretty much throughout the day, while MIA didn't open until 2 pm or so. But back then, there were no regular 3-class flights between MIA and LAX. Now there are, at least temporarily, and in Nov/Dec one of them leaves before 2 pm. Any guesses as to whether FFD MIA will open by 11:30 or noon this time, to accommodate the subject flight? I figure they won't accommodate it...what do you guys think?
I'm not holding my breath on anything at this point.

I had the opportunity to fly LAX-JFK on Tuesday but with a crappy connection out of JFK. The only reason I was going to do it was to see the FL on reopening day. Decided against it in favor of a much better routing... will wait to read the stories.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.