Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Which Club is open at CLT? I was there yesterday and noted that the one located before D and E gates was closed. Using the App wasn't helpful as I was at least expecting it to indicate which one was open perhaps. Instead, I had to keep closing/opening it as the AC locations "disappeared from the app. I took that as a hint and just exited the airport. I will be in PHL tomorrow and maybe I'll have better luck when I depart. And more time to search for that email that indicated which AC were opened.
the large one at Concourse C is open at CLT, near enough to the chickfila. It was open yesterday.

the PHL lounge at B is open, also overlooking chickfila. Was there recently.

I know you didn’t ask but DCA lounge at B is also open, though the chickfila is landside.

I live my life in terms of distance from chickfila are there any other ACs near a chickfila?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
the large one at Concourse C is open at CLT, near enough to the chickfila. It was open yesterday.

I know you didn’t ask but DCA lounge at B is also open, though the chickfila is landside.

I live my life in terms of distance from chickfila are there any other ACs near a chickfila?

Clearly I walked right by the entrance on C as I arrived at C11. Kept looking at the overhead signage for a clue to its location. Guessing I've spent too much time at DFW and it's signage clues.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
For those who eat the peels from the fruit, they'll certainly be glad for that reminder
Can't the virus survive on surfaces though? So that if you touched a contaminated surface, and then lets say touched your face, there's a risk?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

Sounds like the best purpose of the AC now is to buy your sandwich at Chickfila or Jersey Mike's and use the AC to eat it in.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:11 am

JFK Admirals - no food or drinks

JFK bar is closed and snack bags are to go only. No food or drinks are allowed to be consumed inside the lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think CLT B may be closer to the Chickfila than the CLT C/D. Although CLT B isn't open right now...
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by skydve1
I think CLT B may be closer to the Chickfila than the CLT C/D. Although CLT B isn't open right now...
yes! I usually favor the little B lounge but it isn’t open I didn’t go to CLT Chickfila the other day as the social distancing was poor I’ll order some to the house as we live three minutes from one and they’re doing free delivery at the moment.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Saeta
JFK bar is closed and snack bags are to go only. No food or drinks are allowed to be consumed inside the lounge.
some how DL T4 JFK has a full bar open and fresh food on offer....baffling! Crazy how rules can “change” between terminals in the same state!
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
some how DL T4 JFK has a full bar open and fresh food on offer....baffling! Crazy how rules can “change” between terminals in the same state!
I was about to say, I'm pretty sure DL has a full bar and packaged food out.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by cmd320
I was about to say, I'm pretty sure DL has a full bar and packaged food out.
Has anyone asked AA about this? I'm rarely through NYC but find this difference maddening just the same.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Has anyone asked AA about this? I'm rarely through NYC but find this difference maddening just the same.
Of course DL till recently only offered water, even in F on all domestic flights. You now can get beer and wine, but no juice or soda. They've claimed it's for protection against CV19. Yet AA has offered full beverage service in F and meals on long domestic flights.

Point is that like always, cost is driving factor. I can't blame them. I just wish they were honest, I think nearly all of us understand right now.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:53 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
MIA AC earlier this week. Friendly staff up front directed guests to chairs and they asked their choice of where they wanted to sit. All service was from waiters and the full bar was open thankfully:

Snacks were like what you'd get at a house on Halloween that doesn't make an effort to get good candy though.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
MIA AC earlier this week. Friendly staff up front directed guests to chairs and they asked their choice of where they wanted to sit.
Staff at MIA were great. Really doing their best in difficult circumstances.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
MIA AC earlier this week. Friendly staff up front directed guests to chairs and they asked their choice of where they wanted to sit. All service was from waiters and the full bar was open thankfully:

Snacks were like what you'd get at a house on Halloween that doesn't make an effort to get good candy though.

Ok. That may not be perfect but there are at least a couple of fresh, healthy options in there like fruit. Way better than the snack packs of a week or so ago in CLT.

It may take a bit but they appear to be moving in the right direction
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aj411
Ok. That may not be perfect but there are at least a couple of fresh, healthy options in there like fruit. Way better than the snack packs of a week or so ago in CLT.

It may take a bit but they appear to be moving in the right direction
There's no fruit. There's warm cheese, crackers, a crumbly cookie and some cheap candy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.