Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Glad they are opening. I wish it was earlier as I have two long layovers in Dallas between now and then. I guess I will just have to find a bar somewhere.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So for LGA & JFK, if NYC "opens up" June 8 as hoped, will the ** restrictions be lifted?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by jayer
Delaying New York I get...
I don't. NY is much farther along on it's "corona-curve" than other places. Arguably safer there.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
So sad that the brand new SFO club is just sitting there as a "service center".
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I don't. NY is much farther along on it's "corona-curve" than other places. Arguably safer there.
Exactly....Manhattan is no issue (outside of being in a demonstration).....the issues the media keep claiming as NYC are actually in other boroughs
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Anything on lounge options in LHR T2? Everything is closed there now but sounds like they are waiting for the UK govt approvals to reopen. At that point, any thoughts on what and when that lounge will be and do we even think AA will pay for access? My bets are on Plaza Premium but who knows.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Centurion lounges opening?

A little off topic, but cannot find any updates on line or after searching.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by remedy
A little off topic, but cannot find any updates on line or after searching.
It appears that there is a thread in this forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/

Although it hasn't been updated since March:
Centurion Lounges Closing
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Popped into LAX T4 and the agents confirmed again we should still keep stopping by to get our BPs scanned as it helps a lot.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Popped into LAX T4 and the agents confirmed again we should still keep stopping by to get our BPs scanned as it helps a lot.
I appreciate the effort, but at this point they have formally announced the opening schedule, including the one at LAX T4 (June 22nd), so... And it's not like AA isn't precisely aware of how many AA flyers with AC membership are flying though any airport, any terminal at this point. They probably review the data daily.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I appreciate the effort, but at this point they have formally announced the opening schedule, including the one at LAX T4 (June 22nd), so... And it's not like AA isn't precisely aware of how many AA flyers with AC membership are flying though any airport, any terminal at this point. They probably review the data daily.
They said even though the 22nd opening was announced they still want us to stop in and get our BPs scanned.....just passing along what they said.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by aztimm
It appears that there is a thread in this forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/

Although it hasn't been updated since March:
Centurion Lounges Closing
Yes, I found and posted my query because I could not find any info there or on the AE Centurion web page. No big deal, since the PHX low A club is open, but my daughter is a Platinum Card holder and traveling with us, so I was hoping to check it out!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I posted a related thread here:

Open lounges at MIA June 12?

I wonder if I might be permitted to sit in the D-30 Admirals Club at MIA on June 12, without any service, in order to conduct my work session before my flight?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Apparently DLs club at LGA-C serves booze currently but AA somehow can’t because of local laws/restrictions on 6/22.....how is this possible?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Apparently DLs club at LGA-C serves booze currently but AA somehow can’t because of local laws/restrictions on 6/22.....how is this possible?
Perhaps they are not following the regulations and enforcement is not very stringent given all the other matters at hand. And I'm not kidding.

Seems like DL has been operating lounges with F&B service at numerous airports where within the city they serve (or even state) didn't allow restaurants and/or bars to operate with "dine-in" privileges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.