Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP
Arrow ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

I went by the "A" club in DFW today and asked when it was going to open. Very nice agent said they were hoping for end of June, just as reported by others here on FT.

Please visit https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...tc-2021-a.html for the current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; May 4, 2021 at 8:07 pm Reason: Insert Moderator note
Old May 29, 2020, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
PHL AC re-opening on 6/22

Last edited by AANYC1981; May 29, 2020 at 10:05 pm
Old May 29, 2020, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Uzzar
I went by the "A" club in DFW today and asked when it was going to open. Very nice agent said they were hoping for end of June, just as reported by others here on FT.
Also heard the same thing today at DFW. Ever hopeful!
Old May 29, 2020, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
PHX AC opening on 6/27

I will check on LGA and LAX on my travels this coming week and report back.
Old May 29, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
So it seems like at least at hubs, most will have their Admirals Clubs opening back up...sorely needed IMHO. I have a pretty good sample size now from multiple connections over the last few weeks in MIA, DFW, PHL and PHX and DFW looked as busy as ever in every terminal that I was in (A, C, E) and MIA was just a mess (as per usual).
Old May 29, 2020, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
So it seems like at least at hubs, most will have their Admirals Clubs opening back up...sorely needed IMHO. I have a pretty good sample size now from multiple connections over the last few weeks in MIA, DFW, PHL and PHX and DFW looked as busy as ever in every terminal that I was in (A, C, E) and MIA was just a mess (as per usual).
AAngels are saying they/AA have been kind of caught off guard on how quickly things are rebounding.
Old May 30, 2020, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Funny last Thursday I was sitting at a gate at MIA and the AC staff came by on the CK carts. They were having a parade with the carts playing music and turning them into floats. I was hoping they were celebrating an announcement of when the ACs would open back up but alas it was for one of the staff members retiring. Although good for her.
Old May 30, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Funny last Thursday I was sitting at a gate at MIA and the AC staff came by on the CK carts. They were having a parade with the carts playing music and turning them into floats. I was hoping they were celebrating an announcement of when the ACs would open back up but alas it was for one of the staff members retiring. Although good for her.
Nice gesture for sure.
Old May 31, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Looks like we might know when PHL and PHX lounges are opening. Now I'm curious about if LAX, JFK and DFW will be open by July and if the flagship lounges are opening on different days.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
DCA reopening June 22nd it seems. It was still extremely quiet, but the June schedule should hopefully stimulate more activity.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I wonder if ATL will be open on 6/22, as I'm traveling out of there? Probably unlikely, as I would assume they'll start with hubs first.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Don't know why AA is waiting another 3 plus weeks. They should have been opened 3 weeks ago.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Text from premium services at PHX seems to indicate at least one club there will open 6/22

Old May 31, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by enviroian
Don't know why AA is waiting another 3 plus weeks. They should have been opened 3 weeks ago.
I think we just need to politely ask at every opportunity. Let them know they are wanted. I keep seeing June 22 but that isn’t good enough for me. My first flight out after shutdown is June 17 and I have a 3 hour layover in DFW.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ksucats
I think we just need to politely ask at every opportunity. Let them know they are wanted. I keep seeing June 22 but that isn’t good enough for me. My first flight out after shutdown is June 17 and I have a 3 hour layover in DFW.
I would expect to be disappointed if I were you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.