Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Perhaps they are not following the regulations and enforcement is not very stringent given all the other matters at hand. And I'm not kidding.

Seems like DL has been operating lounges with F&B service at numerous airports where within the city they serve (or even state) didn't allow restaurants and/or bars to operate with "dine-in" privileges.
Basically "Karen" works for AA, not Delta?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I wonder if I might be permitted to sit in the D-30 Admirals Club at MIA on June 12, without any service, in order to conduct my work session before my flight?
I'd say chances are close to zero.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I wonder if I might be permitted to sit in the D-30 Admirals Club at MIA on June 12, without any service, in order to conduct my work session before my flight?
I don't mean this to sound rude, but I'm not sure of another way to say it -- why would you possibly think this would be allowed?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ikwia
I don't mean this to sound rude, but I'm not sure of another way to say it -- why would you possibly think this would be allowed?
Moot point, as I conducted the meeting from the Viena restaurant on the seventh floor of the onsite MIA hotel (more on that in my other thread). But, I was wondering why the AC wouldn't rent the club conference rooms, despite the main part of the lounge being closed.

As it happened, I did go into the D-30 AC downstairs lobby area, as many people here have advised "to scan my boarding card," and the agents said (after an immediate greeting of "the lounge is closed") "why would you want to do that?" So I am not sure the special services agents see any advantage in scanning members' credentials.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Moot point, as I conducted the meeting from the Viena restaurant on the seventh floor of the onsite MIA hotel (more on that in my other thread). But, I was wondering why the AC wouldn't rent the club conference rooms, despite the main part of the lounge being closed.
Oh, you were thinking of actually renting a room. That's fair. Glad you found someplace else to sit and it all worked out.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:40 pm

Any thoughts on if the premium drink chits will still operate through our phone boarding pass? I can’t imagine AA wanting people to had over their phone or boarding pass to the bar staff, so I guess moving the scanners might be feasible. Or they might decide it isn’t worth it.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Monday, 22 June - the reopening of some Admirals Clubs! Check the Wiki...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:25 am

Here at DFW C.

All beverages at bar. No snacks put out. Some of the AA employees are walking around asking if you want anything. I think I heard them ask if you wanted a snack.

It’s about a normal late Saturday night crowded.
See people with snack boxes. So they are probably giving those out.

Last edited by shaddie; Jun 22, 2020 at 8:37 am Reason: Update
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Any thoughts on if the premium drink chits will still operate through our phone boarding pass? I can’t imagine AA wanting people to had over their phone or boarding pass to the bar staff, so I guess moving the scanners might be feasible. Or they might decide it isn’t worth it.
Yes.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes.
thanks for sending this through! Here is the menu from the QR code. This looks like the a ORD based on the URL. http://qrmenupro.com/wp-content/uplo...enu-061220.pdf

I don’t see anything about the drink chits (or the electronic equivalent)
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:29 am

thanks for sending this through! Here is the menu from the QR code. This looks like the a ORD based on the URL. http://qrmenupro.com/wp-content/uplo...enu-061220.pdf

I don’t see anything about the drink chits (or the electronic equivalent)
I think - subject to our members’ verification - AA will continue to use an existing process that minimizes people to people interaction.

Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:51 am

Coffee?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 5:07 pm

FWIW, UA operates as normal with credit card transactions with the bartender. Hand over your card, swipe, hand card back, sign with a pen, etc.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
FWIW, UA operates as normal with credit card transactions with the bartender. Hand over your card, swipe, hand card back, sign with a pen, etc.
Thanks for the heads up.

I wanted to clarify something as part of my question: by premium drink chits, I am referring to the one or two Drink vouchers that are available to non-AA OneWorld Sapphire and `emerald members when going to an AA club, which can be used for one or two free premium drinks. Usually, we have to hand over our boarding pass (including phone) to the bar tender who scanned it at the cash register but that seems unwise now as it is another point of contact.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SixMileMtn
Coffee?
Good question. And water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.