Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Do EXP upgrades for domestic mileage awards also work on domestic AS flights?
Yes, have been upgraded a couple times on AS flights booked with miles.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro, AmEx Membership Rewards
Flying LAX-LAS next month. I purchased a Main Cabin fare, but was pondering downgrading (cancel and rebook) to a Saver fare. As a Plt with AA, will a Saver fare have any negatives aside from not being eligible for upgrades?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Flying LAX-LAS next month. I purchased a Main Cabin fare, but was pondering downgrading (cancel and rebook) to a Saver fare. As a Plt with AA, will a Saver fare have any negatives aside from not being eligible for upgrades?
In addition to not being eligible for upgrades, you won't be able to choose your seat and you'll only earn miles at 25 percent.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
In addition to not being eligible for upgrades, you won't be able to choose your seat and you'll only earn miles at 25 percent.
Understood. Thank you for the prompt reply.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:42 pm

Alright clearly I know nothing about this partnership because here is another question. Would I be eligible for a complimentary upgrade to first as an AA PLT traveling on AS, or is this benefit only for PPro+
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:20 pm

I don't think so:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Alright clearly I know nothing about this partnership because here is another question. Would I be eligible for a complimentary upgrade to first as an AA PLT traveling on AS, or is this benefit only for PPro+
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My companion (no status) and I (PPro) were upgraded to FC shortly after 24-hour check-in for SFO-PDX.
Spanish likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP; UA-Silver; Bonvoy-Titanium
Alaska Airlines sent an official internal announcement that upgrades for eligible AA elite with companions will officially start being processed automatically on August 30, 2022. No need for a friendly manual override at 24hr check-in window (currently the only want to upgrade a companion on AS).
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LuizMiranda
Alaska Airlines sent an official internal announcement that upgrades for eligible AA elite with companions will officially start being processed automatically on August 30, 2022. No need for a friendly manual override at 24hr check-in window (currently the only want to upgrade a companion on AS).
I think this may already be happening - my husband and I were upgraded almost 72 hours out for yesterday's PDX-SFO return trip.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MarkY123
So Premium Class is showing for me, but with a $149 charge. As an AA Platinum I thought (via reading the link above) that it would be complimentary. However perhaps it's only complimentary if seats are avail 48 hours in advance of flight departure?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred
I'm confused on status in this case. I'm an Executive Platinum AA member, looking at booking a flight with the family on an Alaska Airlines codeshare with Delta. Anyone know how status works here? I know there is status sharing on Alaska when it is doing Oneworld codeshares, but does that travel over to Alaska / Delta codeshares? Also, would I still have access to the AA lounge (I have a club card) when I travel on Alaska with my fam on this type of codeshare agreement?

I find all this linked status stuff very confusing.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So Premium Class is showing for me, but with a $149 charge. As an AA Platinum I thought (via reading the link above) that it would be complimentary. However perhaps it's only complimentary if seats are avail 48 hours in advance of flight departure?
What fare code is your ticket? If you review the link previously provided, as a Platinum, their are stipulations around timing/fare code on when you can select those seats.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Regards
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Regarding what fares Alaska will let you upgrade... Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S or N. How do you tell what fare you booked if you are booking an award?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by whelmed
I'm confused on status in this case. I'm an Executive Platinum AA member, looking at booking a flight with the family on an Alaska Airlines codeshare with Delta. Anyone know how status works here? I know there is status sharing on Alaska when it is doing Oneworld codeshares, but does that travel over to Alaska / Delta codeshares? Also, would I still have access to the AA lounge (I have a club card) when I travel on Alaska with my fam on this type of codeshare agreement?

Say what? I though Alaska and Delta ended their codeshare agreement years ago. What is the codeshare you have? Alaska-marketed, Delta-operated, or vice versa? You sure its not a ticket issued by one airline that has some flights in the other airline?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by whelmed

I can't answer all of your query, as I don't believe AS and DL have any code shares any longer, but I'm not positive. However, with respect to Admirals Club access, when you say "club card" I'm assuming you mean the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, that includes Admiral's Club access? If yes, then those terms require you to be flying a flight that is both "marketed and operated" by AS in order to access an Admirals Club. So, if there is indeed a code share that DL is operating, that would not provide access as the flight is not "operated" by Alaska Airlines.

If by "club card" you mean something other than the AA credit card, please clarify. However, the first clarification is really whether there is still such thing as an AS code share operated by Delta.

Regards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.