Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ag-2018-a.html

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
This 15,000 EQDs is making it harder for me this year even though I've done 6 long haul flights (mostly PE, but one J) to/from TLV and have four more to go for 2019. I'll hit 100,000 again this weekend, but will still be 3000 EQDs short. By the time I make 15,000 EQDs, I'll probably have more than 150,000 EQMs and it won't be until my 9th TLV trip this year (November).
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Cleared today ...

EQD -- $18676
EQM -- 100,196
EQS -- 27
fotographer and robertablake like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acoburn73
This 15,000 EQDs is making it harder for me this year even though I've done 6 long haul flights (mostly PE, but one J) to/from TLV and have four more to go for 2019. I'll hit 100,000 again this weekend, but will still be 3000 EQDs short. By the time I make 15,000 EQDs, I'll probably have more than 150,000 EQMs and it won't be until my 9th TLV trip this year (November).
be careful, next year it might be $17500
acoburn73 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer
be careful, next year it might be $17500
I'm sure one day it will be. I'll end the year nearly $20,000 EQDs and around 178,000 EQMs on 47 EQSs, so not bad. I'll gladly take those extra two SWUs as a makeup.

Now I'll need to figure out how to slap on 22,000 more EQMs in between these last four TLV work trips this year, just to get another couple SWUs.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:30 pm

I'm sure one day it will be. I'll end the year nearly $20,000 EQDs and around 178,000 EQMs on 47 EQSs, so not bad. I'll gladly take those extra two SWUs as a makeup.
I feel your pain.. well not really, but if it ever goes beyond what it is now.. I think I might switch to BA
I have 3 trips planed already..... two long haul international in J to India and someplace in Asia... not sure where.. wife is picking the spot...
Again.. probably will be aboce 200000K and who knows now what the $$will be. , but I dont think I can keep this up..after is it really worth it/
Still can use the SWU... not enough AA flights with F where I need to go..
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
A little late - this happened a few months ago but figured I'd finally get my brag in. Now over to QF to try to requal for Platinum, or at least Gold.
(Sorry for the double caption - not used to posting photos here!)

A little late since this happened a few months ago but I figured I'd get it in. Now earning on QF to try to requal there for Platinum.
MorganB and robertablake like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Earliest for me to make EXP, as of Saturday morning, thanks to several international flights this year:

Now I need to decide if I'm going for the 2 extra SWUs or 40k points at 150,000 EQMs.
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by seigex
Now I need to decide if I'm going for the 2 extra SWUs or 40k points at 150,000 EQMs.
It's nice to have a choice.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:41 am

I am still not sure what option to take yet.. but I might have more if I hit 200K.. which might be possible
oh yeah, got my welcome package yesterday.. more luggage tags and card that I probably wont use.. again
wish the tags had my MM status on them. so I really throw it in other peoples faces
MarJon likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Now I'll need to figure out how to slap on 22,000 more EQMs in between these last four TLV work trips this year, just to get another couple SWUs.
Fly PE (WT+) on BA... around +-17,000 EQM's each trip depending on where you begin.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by MarJon
Fly PE (WT+) on BA... around +-17,000 EQM's each trip depending on where you begin.
Yep, that's who I have to fly on for Oneworld miles from LHR to TLV, and I do PE. Each of these trips is usually around 21,000 EQMs, round trip.

I was mainly speaking about figuring out a way to wedge in another trip to TLV to make it to 200,000 EQM, but alas the final three booked trips I have are Sept, Nov and Dec, and I can't justify another one (October in Israel is pointless - too many state holidays, no one works).
MarJon likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MarJon
Just did a RT BA WT+ ONT-DFW-LHR-BLR, ended up with 31642 EQM and $4380 EQD ... Got upgraded on both AA legs (ONT-DFW and DFW-ONT) and even got a gate upgrade to CW on the LHR-DFW leg, which was nice.
MarJon and fotographer like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Re-qualified for EXP with lots of EQM's to spare (37,000 to be exact), and ~$2,000 EQD's to spare. TBD as to whether I decide to hit 150,000 EQM's to gift my buddy gold or go for Silver for myself on DL.
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Re-qualified for EXP with lots of EQM's to spare (37,000 to be exact), and ~$2,000 EQD's to spare. TBD as to whether I decide to hit 150,000 EQM's to gift my buddy gold or go for Silver for myself on DL.
I think the gift to your buddy would be a nice touch, assuming he travels AA enough to enjoy what small benefits would be offered.
I would, myself not bother with DL, unless of course you have enough travel on DL to justify traveling on DL with little or low status
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life

Finally, I’m back...
seigex and robertablake like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.