Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ag-2018-a.html

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Congrats!
metallo likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
worth the effort?

Haven't been on this site in years... Guess I'm running out of internet.

I am typically a Plat flyer making Plat pro last yr. I can likely hit the new lowered Exec Plat numbers this year.... Worth it? (stupid question... I know it is) I guess let me ask it this way..... If make it to exec plat and then go down to Plat again the following year.... am I going to really miss it?? or not so much.
thoughts
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by labeach
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedHaven't been on this site in years... Guess I'm running out of internet.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedI am typically a Plat flyer making Plat pro last yr. I can likely hit the new lowered Exec Plat numbers this year.... Worth it? (stupid question... I know it is) I guess let me ask it this way..... If make it to exec plat and then go down to Plat again the following year.... am I going to really miss it?? or not so much.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedthoughts
Of course most people miss it, but why let that stop you from having it once?
aacar likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It's a lot less worth it than it was last year. It'll be months, maybe years, until things go back the way they were. There's a lot fewer planes to use SWUs on, a lot fewer places to fly and a lot fewer Oneworld Emerald benefits to enjoy. It may end up being a good investment for next year but it's impossible to tell right now. I wouldn't suggest anyone mileage run right now.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Wondering if someone can help here. A few weeks back I made the decision for my 150K EQM reward. I went with the 40,000 bonus miles. Given my lack of flying, the SWUs or gold status for someone else just weren't needed. I still haven't seen them post. Does anyone know how long it takes to post? I also do see the option to choose anything or see my choice in my "wallet". I'm not even sure what this program is called to e-mail AA checking. Any help is appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Wondering if someone can help here. A few weeks back I made the decision for my 150K EQM reward. I went with the 40,000 bonus miles. Given my lack of flying, the SWUs or gold status for someone else just weren't needed. I still haven't seen them post. Does anyone know how long it takes to post? I also do see the option to choose anything or see my choice in my "wallet". I'm not even sure what this program is called to e-mail AA checking. Any help is appreciated.
I recently chose the 40k mile option for the same reason. I recall the miles posted within 24 hours.

When discussing with AA, just call it the "150,000 EQD Reward".
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I made PP about a month ago (due to the band changes) then just hit EXP. Oddly, received physical card and packet for PP, but the email for EXP says they've "moved to a fully digital experience". Did they really enhance the physical cards and tags away in the last month? It's ok with me as I really don't have a need, but seemed strange.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Not sure... but an interesting move on AA part if they have removed the tags and card for EXP.... I would be disappointed, because otherwise how can I have
my brag tags every time I travel to let the other peons know that I a very important passenger...

on a side note.. if you need some.. be more than happy to send you as many as you need... they are in my desk draw probably collecting dust...
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fotographer
Not sure... but an interesting move on AA part if they have removed the tags and card for EXP.... I would be disappointed, because otherwise how can I have
my brag tags every time I travel to let the other peons know that I a very important passenger...
My father and I are both EXP. Last year my father was traveling somewhere in Spain, taking a domestic Iberia flight. In order to use the priority security lane, he needed to have his physical EXP/OWE card, which he didn't have. They wouldn't accept the in-app card, or his boarding pass which had EMERALD printed on it.

That's the only time I've ever heard of someone needing the actual card in recent years. I've never needed to show it, but I do keep it in my passport wallet - just in case!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skydve1
My father and I are both EXP. Last year my father was traveling somewhere in Spain, taking a domestic Iberia flight. In order to use the priority security lane, he needed to have his physical EXP/OWE card, which he didn't have. They wouldn't accept the in-app card, or his boarding pass which had EMERALD printed on it.

That's the only time I've ever heard of someone needing the actual card in recent years. I've never needed to show it, but I do keep it in my passport wallet - just in case!
It quite odd in Europe.. most of the times my wife and I (she is also EXP) never had a issue in terms of lounge/priority lines.. etc.. because then again.. quite a few of the airports that we have been in
did not have any sort of priority line to began with..
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Sitting on ~92k EQM. Got the extra SWU at 90k. I have a SWU'd JFK-CDG-JFK roundtrip, a EUG-LAX one-way, NYC-MSY-NYC roundtrip, JFK-GEO one-way and a JL NRT-HEL-BRU trip on the books, as well as a late Dec. SWU'd JFK-GRU, so I guess if all planned travel comes off I'll end up just over 120k EQM with like 9 SWU left for next year.
CMK10, apeortdz and robertablake like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.