FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1962157-flight-xx-cancellation-delay-diversion-etc-date-2019-consolidated.html)

bo94114 Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Aloha, The was no OA available. The flight back to PHX is now at 2:30a. Thank g-d they have UBER and Lyft there now

AANYC1981 Jun 29, 2019 8:52 pm

so sad how far this company has fallen.......

“As a company that bears the name AMERICAN, much is expected of us”

spongenotbob Jun 30, 2019 12:50 am

Originally Posted by bo94114 (Post 31252852)
Aloha, The was no OA available. The flight back to PHX is now at 2:30a. Thank g-d they have UBER and Lyft there now

AA603 now due into KOA at 2.43am
Return leg now scheduled to depart KOA at 3.43am.

Jusf wow. If I were a passenger, crew, or especially pilot on either of those flights I would be mighty unhappy about all this.

Best of luck, bo94114. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be a lot better than this.

FiveMileFinal Jul 1, 2019 11:57 pm

Just saw tonight's AA40 wheels up from ORD Rwy 28C 2 1/2 hours late. I'm on tomorrow's flight. I wonder how late it will be?

Antarius Jul 2, 2019 9:57 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 31250378)
All of this is disgraceful.....people have vacations, cruises to attend.

I have a cant miss meeting Monday. With the delays and the WX across the country, I'm flying in Saturday.

FiveMileFinal Jul 2, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal (Post 31260554)
Just saw tonight's AA40 wheels up from ORD Rwy 28C 2 1/2 hours late. I'm on tomorrow's flight. I wonder how late it will be?

Answer: Not at all! It’s going to go out on time, just not with me on it. They really must be bent on getting it out on time tonight due to its previous history. Meanwhile, I guess i’ll be watching it leave from the plane I’m on, currently sitting on a taxiway with no gate assignment.

wanderingstar Jul 2, 2019 8:53 pm

Just was bumped off of an AA flight from FCO-PHL-SFO (rebooked on BA through LHR-SFO on a flight leaving four hours earlier at 8am).

One of 57 people that they bumped from the flight due to overbooking. Even the customer service agent sounded angry. Refused any voucher because I was called with about six hours lead time to get to an early morning flight, and they said EU required one be four hours late for compensation.

I tried to stand my ground on the matter. They had already rebooked my flight, however, without my knowledge and said they were "courtesy calling" me to inform me that I had to be at the airport four hours earlier if I wanted to leave Rome that day. I thought it was a scam at first.

I also thought 57 people was a shocking number to bump.

I had to take the 5:21 am train to the airport as well, instead of waiting for my driver, who I ate the cost on, which meant getting up at 3:30 am and walking ten blocks with luggage and then stepping over people asleep in the train station. That wasn't my idea of fun.

Sorry I don't recall the flight number. It was the noon flight leaving out of FCO on June 28.

GlobalMatt Jul 2, 2019 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingstar (Post 31263893)

Sorry I don't recall the flight number. It was the noon flight leaving out of FCO on June 28.

Flight # was AA719 FCO-PHL.

wanderingstar Jul 2, 2019 9:15 pm

57 rebooks must be a record.

dls25 Jul 2, 2019 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by meunger11 (Post 31263902)
Flight # was AA719 FCO-PHL.

Looks like they had to sub a 763 in for a 333.

The 333 must not have been full as there is an 82 seat difference between the two types...

dls25 Jul 2, 2019 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal (Post 31263868)

Answer: Not at all! It’s going to go out on time, just not with me on it. They really must be bent on getting it out on time tonight due to its previous history. Meanwhile, I guess i’ll be watching it leave from the plane I’m on, currently sitting on a taxiway with no gate assignment.

Looks like they are holding it. 45 min so far. I hope you made it...

FiveMileFinal Jul 2, 2019 9:54 pm

Indeed they did. I’m currently in my seat and resdy to relax.

We did finally got a gate after 45 min of sitting on a taxiway east of T3, H17, then we sat outside of that gate for 10 min while they found someone to park us. I sprinted down the whole of the H concorse and down the side hall abeam H6 with mine and my partner’s carryons to arrive at a packed gate K5 that had just started to board. We pushed back at 22:54 only plus-49(!)

Thankfully common sense seemed to prevail tonight...ORD is the hottest of messes. This airline is still garbage af tho.

tbone14 Jul 2, 2019 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal (Post 31264019)
ORD is the hottest of messes.

I was supposed to fly PHX-ORD-STL tonight. PHX-ORD (#1949) is a red-eye. I get a text notification ORD-STL (#1585) is canceled. I call EP desk, and they are able to rebook me to another early morning flight. Approximately an hour later, now the PHX-ORD redeye is canceled! Ughhhhhh. I have now been rebooked PHX-STL non-stop tomorrow morning, arriving 6 hours later than originally planned. The agents told me there is bad weather in ORD causing ground stops and cancellations.

The reason I prefer redeyes is so that I can get work done during business hours. Being up in the air when someone is trying to reach you via phone, text, or email is not a good feeling, especially when Wifi can be spotty.

Do I have any recourse? Am I likely to get Original Routing Credit if asked?

AlphaTango Jul 2, 2019 11:33 pm

Anyone know what happened with 722 PHL-DUB tonight?

AANYC1981 Jul 6, 2019 1:18 am

PRG-PHL 7/6 delayed 1H20Min.....check-in staff (contractors) told me this has been happening almost everyday.

Updated to include log book issues taking so long we had to leave the gate (for a Qatar plane of all airlines LOL) taxi to the hanger to then have the signed off log book delivered via air stairs.

Then about to take off and guess what? A MX item flagged the pilots so we exit the queue for them to reboot the system which thankfully worked.

Meanwhile I get to hear all of the FA gossip about pay and at least the door is closed and how they don’t like having to download their pay stubs now etc.....

AA is truly a .... show.