FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1962157-flight-xx-cancellation-delay-diversion-etc-date-2019-consolidated.html)

mrpippy Jul 8, 2019 10:12 pm

Does anyone know what’s up with AA2361 (LAX-MCO)? In July so far it’s cancelled 4 times and took a 3 hour delay once. Unfortunately my fiancée is booked on it next week, hoping it improves.

FlyinHawaiian Jul 9, 2019 5:22 am

Originally Posted by wanderingstar (Post 31263893)
Just was bumped off of an AA flight from FCO-PHL-SFO ... It was the noon flight leaving out of FCO on June 28.

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 31263973)
Looks like they had to sub a 763 in for a 333. The 333 must not have been full as there is an 82 seat difference between the two types...

I had friends on AA718 on 28 June; it's the PHL-FCO outbound. They were part of a tour group travelling together that ended up having 25 of them denied boarding due to the overbooking of the flight due to the downgauge. My friends had seat assignments in Y from OLCI, so they were able to get on the flight but others were downgraded from J or outright IDBed.

They returned on AA719 on 6 July and while they were able to land on time just before the ramp was closed due to a tornado warning, they were kept on the plane at a remote stand for about an hour before the mobile lounges were allowed to dock and deplane the passengers. To add insult to injury, there was a problem with the latch on the luggage door that prevented the rampers from offloading the luggage. AA made the passengers wait over two hours before admitting they could not fix the door and allowed the passengers to file claims to have their checked bags delivered to their final destination. Lots of missed connections (and, for my friends, a missed dinner at Zahav with +1 and myself); they finally got to their hotel about five hours after landing.

fastflyer Jul 9, 2019 8:41 am

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 31282773)
Are the Bahamas flights from Nassau? If so that's a preclearance airport.

The tarmac rule has different requirements for domestic vs. international. For international it's 4 hours, subject to certain exceptions.

The PBI-Bahamas flight is to/ from Marsh Harbor,

My friend and the whole plane were cleared in batches of 20 pax at a time at PBI with what she termed "after hours" immigration and customs peeps after 3.5 hours waiting on the tarmac

dkc192 Jul 9, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 31284614)
I had friends on AA718 on 28 June; it's the PHL-FCO outbound. They were part of a tour group travelling together that ended up having 25 of them denied boarding due to the overbooking of the flight due to the downgauge. My friends had seat assignments in Y from OLCI, so they were able to get on the flight but others were downgraded from J or outright IDBed.

(Emphasis mine) If they did indeed swap a 333 out for a 763, I find it weird that J pax would need to be downgraded, as both planes have the same number of J seats (28). The only possible reasoning, other than some shenanigans on AA's part, is that the 333 has a crew bunk (I highly suspect it doesn't), meaning they could sell all 28 seats, whereas on the 763 (which definitely does not have a crew bunk) they'd have to block one J seat for crew rest.

FlyinHawaiian Jul 9, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks for that; I will see if I can confirm that point with my friends.

kr777 Jul 9, 2019 5:33 pm

7/8 AA399 DFW-ANC 3 hours late
7/8 AA945 DFW-SCL 1.5 hours late
7/8 AA123 DFW-HNL left ontime diversion to PHX, arrived 2.5 hours late
7/8 AA1307 MIA-LIM 2 hours late
7/8 AA937 MIA-VVI 2 hours late
7/8 AA939 MIA-UIO 1.5 hours late
7/8 AA38 MIA-LHR 1.5 hours late
7/8 AA585 MIA-UIO 2.5 hours late
7/8 AA929 MIA-GRU 2.5 hours late
7/8 AA931 MIA-EZE 1.5 hours late
7/8 AA742 PHL-BCN cancelled
7/8 AA754 PHL-CDG cancelled
7/8 AA278 PHL-EDI 2 hours late
7/8 AA716 CLT-MUC 2 hours late
7/8 AA174 RDU-LHR 6 hours late
7/8 AA153 ORD-NRT 3 hours late
7/8 AA86 ORD-LHR 1 hour late
7/8 AA108 LAX-LHR 1.5 hours late

Scott in LA Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by kr777 (Post 31282715)
Yesterday 7/7

AA 2715 ORD-LAX also cancelled on 7/7. They tried to rebook me on a flight 7/9. Luckily I found a routing on Alaska through PDX they would put me on--left four hours earlier, arrived two hours later, but at least it was the same day.

spongenotbob Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

AA 510 PHX-OGG diverted to HNL today 7/11 for what looks like a gas-n-go?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...140Z/KPHX/PHOG
(onward: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...722Z/PHNL/PHOG)

Mike Gilbert Jul 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob (Post 31295142)
AA 510 PHX-OGG diverted to HNL today 7/11 for what looks like a gas-n-go?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...140Z/KPHX/PHOG
(onward: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...722Z/PHNL/PHOG)

Large fire in Maui, OGG was closed for a while.

spongenotbob Jul 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Gilbert (Post 31295154)
Large fire in Maui, OGG was closed for a while.

Thank you. I had no idea. Best wishes to all in Maui.

dll Jul 12, 2019 10:25 am

Another industry-leading performance for me last night on AA958 (AUS-LAX). Left the original gate right on time, then during engine startup they discovered a "light" that they couldn't turn off. Turned out to be an air-con pack, so we were also sitting in 95-degree afternoon heat with limited A/C. Back to a different gate for maintenance to "take a look." Initial estimate was 30 minutes, then creeped to 1.5 hours and I deplaned. No A/C on the plane so they eventually deplaned the whole cabin, including the crew. Eventually fixed it and we left 3 hours late.

I was in first/business and fear the meal they served was possibly spoiled. It had been sitting in a warm plane and by the time they served it, the entire tray was warm (not just room temp, but WARM). Like, the butter was melting out of its foil into the dish warm. My seatmate, who had pre-ordered the cheese plate, reflected that his cheese was warm ("sweating" was the word he used, which can never be a good look for cheese). I took a couple of bites of salad before deciding I didn't want to risk the food safety so I returned the rest of the meal uneaten.

miles4sheli Jul 12, 2019 11:11 am

June 23 AA 203 AMS-PHL

Could anyone confirm the reason for cancellation of American Airlines flight 203 from AMS-PHL on June 23, 2019?

I was originally told "aircraft maintenance" and have this in writing from AA's Twitter just after the flight. There was a glitch with my insurance verification letters where I was then sent several letters (long story), the latest stating it was "mechanical reasons".

THANKS!

dls25 Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am

Originally Posted by miles4sheli (Post 31296878)
Could anyone confirm the reason for cancellation of American Airlines flight 203 from AMS-PHL on June 23, 2019?

I was originally told "aircraft maintenance" and have this in writing from AA's Twitter just after the flight. There was a glitch with my insurance verification letters where I was then sent several letters (long story), the latest stating it was "mechanical reasons".

THANKS!

I don't get the problem. "Aircraft maintenance" and "mechanical reasons" are just different ways of saying the same thing; that the plane was broken...

miles4sheli Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 31296913)
I don't get the problem. "Aircraft maintenance" and "mechanical reasons" are just different ways of saying the same thing; that the plane was broken...

Thanks for the response! We also just now received my husband's verification letter, which states "maintenance issues".

theasianguy Jul 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Just came here to say that AA's recent performance on late night DFW-IAH/HOU flights has been atrocious. The last 2 flights of the day get cancelled an average of 1-2 times per week. I can't put all the blame on AA since Dallas and Houston seem to get hammered by thunderstorms every other day this summer, but just a word of caution that connecting through DFW after 7 PM is a disaster. AA's decision to bank DFW schedules and then max out all the gates seems to be causing trouble every day at DFW, even when the weather doesn't act up.