FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948542-archive-newbie-lounge-2019-ask-newbie-aa-questions-here-flame-free.html)

allset2travel Aug 22, 2019 12:39 pm

AA travel voucher - where can I find it?

Due to a recent cancellation/change of ticket, I ended up receiving a travel voucher from AA.
This is the first time I've ever received a voucher, hence know nothing about it.
Where can I find it in my account (I looked into My Wallet in vain)?
I also want to know the details of its terms of use.

Thank you in advance!

flyingeph12 Aug 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel (Post 31444800)
Due to a recent cancellation/change of ticket, I ended up receiving a travel voucher from AA.
This is the first time I've ever received a voucher, hence know nothing about it.
Where can I find it in my account (I looked into My Wallet in vain)?
I also want to know the details of its terms of use.

Thank you in advance!

You should get an email from AA Customer Relations with a link to an electronic voucher.

Here are the T&Cs for a recent eVoucher:

eVouchers will not be replaced if lost or stolen.

eVouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable.

eVouchers are non-returnable and may not be redeemed for cash, check or credit, except where required by law.

eVouchers are void if purchased, sold or bartered.

eVouchers are void if used for commercial or promotional purposes.

eVouchers are valid for 1 year from date of issue.

eVouchers have no implied warranties.

eVouchers are void if purchased, sold, advertised for sale or bartered.

Except where prohibited by law, American Airlines reserves the right to refuse, void, cancel, reject or hold for review any eVouchers mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination or issued or procured, directly or indirectly, in connection with fraudulent actions, fraudulent claims, compensation abuse or in connection with any violation of these terms and conditions.

American Airlines is not responsible for honoring invalid eVouchers.

Redeeming eVouchers

eVouchers are redeemable toward the purchase of air travel wholly on flights operated by American Airlines and the American Eagle® carriers for itineraries sold and originating in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. AA eVouchers are also available for payment of air travel on any oneworld® partner or AA* Codeshare flight. They cannot be used for payment of air travel on any other airline. Flights sold or originating outside the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands or operated by other carriers are not eligible.

eVouchers are redeemable online at www.aa.com or by calling American Airlines Reservations. eVouchers cannot be redeemed at airport ticket counters or travel agents.

Up to eight eVouchers may be redeemed in a single transaction or purchase.

If the ticket price is greater than the value of the eVoucher(s), the difference may be paid only with a credit, debit or charge card with a billing address in the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands. If the ticket price is less than the value of the eVoucher(s), the unused portion will remain on the eVoucher until it is decreased to zero, at which time the eVoucher will be deactivated.

eVouchers are redeemable toward the purchase of the base air fare and directly associated taxes, fees and charges that are collected as part of the fare calculation. eVouchers may not be used for products and/or services that are sold separately, such as upgrades; Admirals Club® membership enrollments or One-Day Passes; excess baggage fees; pet fees; unaccompanied minor fees; oxygen fees; Preferred Seats charges; ticketing fees for transactions processed through American Airlines Reservations; taxes, fees or charges payable in connection with AAdvantage® award travel; American Airlines VacationsSM or non-flight products and/or services sold by American Airlines.

eVouchers will not be accepted if the eVoucher number is invalid or cannot be found within the American Airlines system.

Lost or stolen eVouchers will not be replaced. This may include inadvertent deletion, forwarding or access of the email containing your eVoucher number. Please guard the eVoucher number and pin as you would cash.
American Eagle® service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.

American Airlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle and American Airlines Vacations℠ are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC

jskang07 Aug 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Trying to figure out how the miles work for codeshares.

For flights operated by AA but marketed by BA, would I earn according to BA's partner chart or AA's chart? Differences in EQD is pretty significant so hoping to get BA's earning rate for this flight.

washeelers747 Aug 22, 2019 5:47 pm

I wonder if I can do AA mobile check-in and retrieve my boarding pass if I credit my AA flights to Alaska Airlines? I am aware that it will disappear from my AA account once I contact AA to change my FFP.

JJeffrey Aug 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by jskang07 (Post 31445611)
Trying to figure out how the miles work for codeshares.

For flights operated by AA but marketed by BA, would I earn according to BA's partner chart or AA's chart? Differences in EQD is pretty significant so hoping to get BA's earning rate for this flight.

Marketing carrier is what matters, so a BA marketed but AA operated flight would earn according to the BA earning chart.

travelsbyplane Aug 23, 2019 2:44 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil (Post 31436259)
I think that if you pay extra for PE then you get to select any seat just as AA do not charge for seat selection in Business.

Brill, thanks for the advice

jskang07 Aug 23, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 31446073)
Marketing carrier is what matters, so a BA marketed but AA operated flight would earn according to the BA earning chart.

That's brilliant! Thanks!!

cblaisd Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am

I have residual from a flight I canceled. I also have a flight on hold.

Is there any way ONLINE to use that residual to pay for that flight on hold? Or do I need to call in?

flyingeph12 Aug 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747 (Post 31445746)
I wonder if I can do AA mobile check-in and retrieve my boarding pass if I credit my AA flights to Alaska Airlines? I am aware that it will disappear from my AA account once I contact AA to change my FFP.

Yes, you can still do mobile check-in and retrieve your BPs. Use the "Find Trip" function in the app, enter your name and record locator to find your reservation, and your reservation should be saved in the app.

flyingeph12 Aug 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 31448126)
I have residual from a flight I canceled. I also have a flight on hold.

Is there any way ONLINE to use that residual to pay for that flight on hold? Or do I need to call in?

You'll need to call in and have the ticket number of your cancelled flight(s). You can find the ticket number in the confirmation email AA sent you originally (and it should start with 001).

cblaisd Aug 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks. I assume there will be no call center fee since it's not something that can be done online?

allset2travel Aug 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12 (Post 31445265)

You should get an email from AA Customer Relations with a link to an electronic voucher.

Here are the T&Cs for a recent eVoucher:

Thanks. I will double check my email for the link.

Unionruler Aug 24, 2019 3:33 am

If I use my Plat status to select MCE seats for an itinerary I'll fly after I've losing status, will I get booted from said MCE seats eventually?

sethMCOflyer Aug 24, 2019 4:48 am

Is there anyway to elevate my lost baggage claim? I was on a flight Thursday that got to the runway and then did a uturn back to the gate because the crew timed out. It was a late flight so when we got back to the gate the bag handlers had left 10 minutes before and AA refused to unload the plane until the next day.

Now I’m in Tokyo and my bags have no scans since being scanned onto the cancelled flight. No one can give any updates on what happened to the bags or where they are. I’m assuming they’re still sitting in Orlando somewhere. AA just keeps saying to talk to JAL since my last flight was with them but it’s clearly an AA issue.

guv1976 Aug 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer (Post 31451198)
Is there anyway to elevate my lost baggage claim? I was on a flight Thursday that got to the runway and then did a uturn back to the gate because the crew timed out. It was a late flight so when we got back to the gate the bag handlers had left 10 minutes before and AA refused to unload the plane until the next day.

Now I’m in Tokyo and my bags have no scans since being scanned onto the cancelled flight. No one can give any updates on what happened to the bags or where they are. I’m assuming they’re still sitting in Orlando somewhere. AA just keeps saying to talk to JAL since my last flight was with them but it’s clearly an AA issue.

Were your bags checked through to Tokyo when you checked them in at MCO? If so, you must file a lost-baggage claim with JAL. It is a convention in the airline industry that lost baggage is dealt with by the carrier to the destination to which the bag was through-checked. It makes no difference whose "issue" it is: deal with JAL if your bag was indeed through-checked to Japan with JAL as the final carrier.