Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club access rules for members changed, membership costs increased 1 November 2019.

Changes to membership link to this page on aa.com

Access changes

Starting November 1, 2019

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines are required for entry.1

1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld® partner carrier, or marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
This is true regardless of membership type, excluding lifetime members. Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® Authorized Users must fulfill the same requirements. (Lifetime Admirals Club members may access Admirals Clubs even if they’re flying non-AA partners, e.g. Southwest, United.)

Declared Business Purposes or rental of a conference facility without a same day boarding pass will not suffice to allow access.

As far as we know, authorized guests accompanying a member do not have to present a same day boarding pass.

No discount is available for a household membership, which will cost $600 regardless of the sponsoring guest’s AAdvantage status.

One Day Passes are available at $59 per person, available for purchase at all Clubs except those where Club refurbishment or construction is going on (currently, ORD and PHL). One Day Passes are not available online.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
`Why start another thread to discuss something which has been discussed for 8 months?

As is discussed, there are many people who are quite happy with the new policy as it will cut down on over-crowding. There is no right & wrong, just different perspectives.

Agree with you that if the AC membership does not suit your needs, you should not renew.
JRomulus and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:28 am

IIRC, AC still includes Regus Gold membership, and there are a few centers around the Grapevine area to hold your meetings if that's an option.

Another option: DL Skyclub's meeting rooms at DFW are part of Regus.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:40 am

Second thought, I'm 8 years late to the party: Regus access for Admirals Club members ends March 2011
PlatinumScum and enpremiere like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
So if you don't have a boarding pass, how have you been getting past security to access Admirals Clubs at DFW for your meetings? I wasn't aware they had a club outside of security (although some airports I believe have an arrivals lounge that's outside of security).

I agree with others - the lounge should be reserved for people actually flying, not a cheap conference space for business guys not flying.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveincowtown
I live in DFW and frequently use the club for business meetings, even when I don't have a ticket. This new policy is BS! I am thinking of asking for a refund on my membership.
If the product no longer meets your needs, stop buying it. Just like you would with any other product that no longer is useful to you. Perfectly logical and rationale act.

No need for faux outrage.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acoburn73
So if you don't have a boarding pass, how have you been getting past security to access Admirals Clubs at DFW for your meetings? I wasn't aware they had a club outside of security (although some airports I believe have an arrivals lounge that's outside of security).

I agree with others - the lounge should be reserved for people actually flying, not a cheap conference space for business guys not flying.
I've never been a "real" lounge member, so I don't have a huge dog in this fight. But throughout my years of using airline lounges, I thought this was one of the key differentiators between a full paid membership and all of the other ways we get into lounges. (Credit cards, premium cabin, comp passes, Priority Pass, etc.) The member can go anytime. The rest of us have to be flying that day and maybe meet other limitations like time of day, etc.

If this differentiator is gone, then it seems to make a lounge membership worth somewhat less.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
AA announced this well in advance so those for whom this would be an issue could not renew. I'm 100% in support of this to minimize overcrowding.
JRomulus and AA100k like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
AA announced this well in advance so those for whom this would be an issue could not renew. I'm 100% in support of this to minimize overcrowding.
Correct.

Thus, not sure OP ought to be holding his breath for a refund after AA implements the policy it told him it was implementing before he renewed.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
They should have done it sooner. I was in an AC in PHL two weeks ago and it was standing room only.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
AA announced this well in advance so those for whom this would be an issue could not renew.
I don't have that option. I already paid for Lifetime Membership under different terms and conditions. DL did the right thing by exempting lifetime members from the same-day ticket requirement.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Are we 100% sure that, if one schedules a meeting in an AC meeting room, that the scheduler and his/her guests wouldn't be granted access?

That said, I've been traveling a lot for 20 years and have had club memberships with US, UA, NW, DL and AA over the years. I've never seen those meeting rooms actually being used. How often does this really happen at this point with airport security being what it is these days?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Are we 100% sure that, if one schedules a meeting in an AC meeting room, that the scheduler and his/her guests wouldn't be granted access?

That said, I've been traveling a lot for 20 years and have had club memberships with US, UA, NW, DL and AA over the years. I've never seen those meeting rooms actually being used. How often does this really happen at this point with airport security being what it is these days?
I think I've seen the DFW D AC used once. Given technology the need to have meetings in person is far less. I could only see it for a short meeting in which people are flying but given WebEx/Skype/Google Hangouts/Zoom most companies do want to spring for travel. I'd rather see the rooms converted into more space.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
In my opinion, having access to the AAngeles when there's IRROP's has been worth it's weight in gold.

As I walk past the huge queued people waiting to get service from the CS reps in the terminal, I head into the AC and have a much shorter queue indeed. Often, the AAngeles are often telling people to call their elite lines too. And sure enough, I've seem people step out of line and have done it myself after getting satisfactory service with being accommodated. In fact last week I was stuck in DFW dues to weather issues and when I walked into the AC, I was #7 in queue. Within 10 mins, I was #2 . Ended up speaking with an AAngel before EXP CS came on the line.
Never understood this benefit. Between Expertflyer and the PPRO/EXP desk, I get most IRROPS resolved within 10-20 minutes. Then again, I can see time being of the essence on Monday mornings or other tight travel schedules.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I am wondering about Admirals Club day passes. Say if I fly starting from STL and I bought a day pass there on Sept 6, 2019 and use it at both STL and ORD. However, after flying to NRT the date will now be Sept 7, 2019, would I still be able to use that same day pass at the Admirals Club at Narita? Since I didn't fly enough this year to earn Platinum for next year I am wondering about this.

I miss the $99 one month Admirals Club passes AA had until 2017.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by whaleship
However after flying to NRT the date will now be Sept 7, 2019, would I still be able to use that same day pass at the Admirals Club at Narita?
If your final destination is Narita (not transferring to another flight), then it is not possible to access the AC in Narita. You will go through immigration and customs, then be outside of security.

If you are transferring to another flight, so you will remain airside in Narita, then your question is a good one that I do not know the answer to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.