FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:39 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acoburn73
So if you don't have a boarding pass, how have you been getting past security to access Admirals Clubs at DFW for your meetings? I wasn't aware they had a club outside of security (although some airports I believe have an arrivals lounge that's outside of security).

I agree with others - the lounge should be reserved for people actually flying, not a cheap conference space for business guys not flying.
I've never been a "real" lounge member, so I don't have a huge dog in this fight. But throughout my years of using airline lounges, I thought this was one of the key differentiators between a full paid membership and all of the other ways we get into lounges. (Credit cards, premium cabin, comp passes, Priority Pass, etc.) The member can go anytime. The rest of us have to be flying that day and maybe meet other limitations like time of day, etc.

If this differentiator is gone, then it seems to make a lounge membership worth somewhat less.