Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club access rules for members changed, membership costs increased 1 November 2019.

Changes to membership link to this page on aa.com

Access changes

Starting November 1, 2019

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines are required for entry.1

1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworldŽ partner carrier, or marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
This is true regardless of membership type, excluding lifetime members. CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite™ MastercardŽ Authorized Users must fulfill the same requirements. (Lifetime Admirals Club members may access Admirals Clubs even if they’re flying non-AA partners, e.g. Southwest, United.)

Declared Business Purposes or rental of a conference facility without a same day boarding pass will not suffice to allow access.

As far as we know, authorized guests accompanying a member do not have to present a same day boarding pass.

No discount is available for a household membership, which will cost $600 regardless of the sponsoring guest’s AAdvantage status.

One Day Passes are available at $59 per person, available for purchase at all Clubs except those where Club refurbishment or construction is going on (currently, ORD and PHL). One Day Passes are not available online.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I just got my annual $450 Executive Card renewal charge today. I called Citi and asked if the terms of AC lounge access with the card were changing. The agent said that the Bank had not been made aware of any changes for 2019. I also did not get notice of any changes on my ccard statement. It still says "Your American Airlines Admirals Club membership gets you in the door at more that 50 comfortable lounge locations worldwide so you can relax and unwind while you're waiting for your flight." Pretty scammy if there are indeed changes starting Nov 1, 2019.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I doubt they're going to have credit card holders get in without an AA flight, and regular members require an AA flight for entrance. Seems like that would be a recipe for a lot of arguments. But then again maybe they *really really* want to push credit cards
My guess is that the Citi agent simply didn't know. I doubt that they have specialized reps per branded card, thus details like this can easily be missed until they become implemented. Not a good excuse, I know, but likely the reality.

And as @LovePrunes says, it would be completely impractical for the ACs to have different access rules based on how you "paid" for your membership.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by Tanic
Anyone know if this policy change will affect lifetime AC cardholders?
Does anyone know the answer to this question?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Pure speculation here, but I doubt LT AC members would be affected in any other way than they will be subjected to the same rule change concerning having to be flying an AA flight to get access. They just prepaid for this downgrade..
JonNYC and GTITAN like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Tanic Anyone know if this policy change will affect lifetime AC cardholders?

Originally Posted by jimcoddington

Is there missing content between Post 256, dated February, and Post 257, which is current? Or just bumping a six month old thread?

Asking because I hear new rumors around the airport that visiting the AC upon arrival at destination will not be accomodated. Even if that is arguably the most logical time to visit the AC.

Last edited by jayer; Jun 30, 2019 at 3:33 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
Asking because I hear new rumors around the airport that visiting the AC upon arrival at destination will not be accomodated. Even if that is arguably the most logical time to visit the AC.

Referencing the policy currently here:
1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworldŽ partner carrier, marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines in any combination
it says departing or arriving flight, but somehow I wouldn’t be surprised if they try restricting it further.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by SouthernCross; Jul 1, 2019 at 5:28 am
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jayer
Originally Posted by Tanic Anyone know if this policy change will affect lifetime AC cardholders?

Is there missing content between Post 256, dated February, and Post 257, which is current? Or just bumping a six month old thread?

Published policy trumps rumors and hearsay.

Access changes link

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines will be required for entry.1

1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworldŽ partner carrier, marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines in any combination
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Global Entry
does anyone know what happened to those meatballs? haven't seen those in months...

also, the single most urgent policy change the admirals club must implement in order to curtail the crowding issue is restricting access to departing and connecting travelers. Even for departing/connecting ones, they should limit access to within 2-3hours of departure time.

Last edited by flyinggum; Jun 30, 2019 at 11:53 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinggum
does anyone know what happened to those meatballs? haven't seen those in months...

also, the single most urgent policy change the admirals club must implement in order to curtail the crowding issue is restricting access to departing and connecting travelers. Even for departing/connecting ones, they should limit access to within 2-3hours of departure time.
As someone who frequently has connections > 3 hrs and also frequently has to wait for colleagues arriving on later flights I completely disagree with this suggestion.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I just got my annual $450 Executive Card renewal charge today. I called Citi and asked if the terms of AC lounge access with the card were changing. The agent said that the Bank had not been made aware of any changes for 2019. I also did not get notice of any changes on my ccard statement. It still says "Your American Airlines Admirals Club membership gets you in the door at more that 50 comfortable lounge locations worldwide so you can relax and unwind while you're waiting for your flight." Pretty scammy if there are indeed changes starting Nov 1, 2019.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I doubt they're going to have credit card holders get in without an AA flight, and regular members require an AA flight for entrance. Seems like that would be a recipe for a lot of arguments. But then again maybe they *really really* want to push credit cards
The Exec card includes a regular Admirals Club membership. No more or fewer benefits, other than subsidiary member access.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Easy question, I think this is a good thread to ask.
I want to use my $250 AX Surpass AA credit for 2019 where can I buy 4 AC $59 passes this year then use in 2020?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Admirals Club membership going up $100 per year, thus making OW EMD status on other carriers $100 per year more valuable.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Admirals Club membership going up $100 per year, thus making OW EMD status on other carriers $100 per year more valuable.
Sapphire, not Emerald, would be the appropriate level if your goal is just to have AC access. Even so, it's not completely equivalent (e.g., no arrival access with OW status) -- differences analyzed here.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Sapphire, not Emerald, would be the appropriate level if your goal is just to have AC access. Even so, it's not completely equivalent (e.g., no arrival access with OW status) -- differences analyzed here.
Cool, thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:51 am

Admirals Club Change in Policy

I live in DFW and frequently use the club for business meetings, even when I don't have a ticket. This new policy is BS! I am thinking of asking for a refund on my membership.

Changes to membership

Access changes

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines will be required for entry.1

Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by steveincowtown
I live in DFW and frequently use the club for business meetings, even when I don't have a ticket. This new policy is BS! I am thinking of asking for a refund on my membership.

Changes to membership

Access changes

This has been WELL documented here as the policy was announced 6-9 months ago.

If you won't be able to use the membership, feel free to cancel. Many of the clubs are at capacity so AA's policy, right or wrong, is to limit the paid membership to people who are also paying to fly the airline.

(MODS- obviously feel free to merge threads)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.