Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:54 pm

It looks to me like the qualification has changed slightly. From the AA website:

"You may benefit from our exclusive Flagship Check-in service if you are:

Traveling First Class onboard an international American or select oneworld alliance carrier* anywhere in your outbound itinerary"

So I am flying LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS. LHR-JFK and JFK-LAX in First arrive LAX at 10pm and connect to LAS on the first flight the next morning. Can I use the Flagship check-in at LAX? I am flying first in my outbound itinerary but does the overnight connection work against me?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
It looks to me like the qualification has changed slightly. From the AA website:

"You may benefit from our exclusive Flagship Check-in service if you are:

Traveling First Class onboard an international American or select oneworld alliance carrier* anywhere in your outbound itinerary"

So I am flying LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS. LHR-JFK and JFK-LAX in First arrive LAX at 10pm and connect to LAS on the first flight the next morning. Can I use the Flagship check-in at LAX? I am flying first in my outbound itinerary but does the overnight connection work against me?
No, you are not flying First in your outbound itinerary, quite the reverse.

They mean to allow people connecting to 3-class F. In fact, back in October I used Flagship check-in when booked LAX-SFO-HKG in AA Y/CX F. Whether I would have been permitted had there been a 24 hour stopover in SFO, I can't say. A literal reading would seem to allow it but I imagine you might not be admitted regardless.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD; coming to DFW (consolidated)

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04...xperience.html
Fort Worth-based American Airlines built a private check-in lobby in Los Angeles for VIPs who are greeted by name, given preprinted boarding passes and then whisked by elevator to the front of the security line. This "Flagship" check-in will be coming to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport this year. Last month, American showed off a Priority Check-In area at the newly renovated portion of DFW's Terminal A, where first-class and elite-status passengers get special treatment.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by reeg2
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04...xperience.html
Fort Worth-based American Airlines built a private check-in lobby in Los Angeles for VIPs who are greeted by name, given preprinted boarding passes and then whisked by elevator to the front of the security line. This "Flagship" check-in will be coming to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport this year. Last month, American showed off a Priority Check-In area at the newly renovated portion of DFW's Terminal A, where first-class and elite-status passengers get special treatment.
They are currently building one to the left of Checkpoint 8 in T3 at ORD as well. It's been under construction for ~2 months now.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:17 am

Indeed. It's been on the AA website for a while now.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/flagshipcheckin.jsp
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I wonder if the access rules will be the same for ORD, DFW and JFK? LHR is the outliar with much more liberal access rules but alas, its also the least helpful set up of them. There is no direct security feed. Of course, BA didn't even install that for their F check-in in the brand new T5 (though non-lounge ground operations for premium pax is not that airline's strong suit).
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by sts603
I wonder if the access rules will be the same for ORD, DFW and JFK? LHR is the outliar with much more liberal access rules but alas, its also the least helpful set up of them. There is no direct security feed. Of course, BA didn't even install that for their F check-in in the brand new T5 (though non-lounge ground operations for premium pax is not that airline's strong suit).
I find it difficult to believe that ORD and DFW will have the same policy as MIA and LAX given the simple fact that there are substantially fewer three-class flights. Assuming all three have similar numbers of people who are CK or using 5* it will be used significantly less at these airports.

ORD's three-class flights currently include: 2x LHR, 1x PVG, 1x NRT plus the 1x JL flight departing T3.

DFW has about the same with: 2x LHR, 2x NRT and 1x GRU (and temporarily MAD, FRA and CDG).

Granted ORD may get GRU and DFW may see ICN before the 772 goes two class but still, not many compared to:

LAX which has: 1x PEK, 1x PVG, 1x NRT, 1x LHR, 2x MIA and up to 10x JFK

MIA with: 2x LAX, 2x LHR, 2x EZE, 3x GRU and 2x LHR on BA (since there's airside access) plus the domestic connections of the F pax deplaning those flights inbound from aforementioned destinations.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
ORD's three-class flights currently include: 2x LHR, 1x PVG, 1x NRT plus the 1x JL flight departing T3.
PEK is ORD, not LAX, and ORD has the seasonal adjustments have returned ORD its third 777 flight to LHR, so the current total is seven daily 3-class flights.

I might be mistaken, but with the intense competition with UA at ORD, catering to important passengers might outweigh the smaller number of 3-class flights.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FWAAA
PEK is ORD, not LAX, and ORD has the seasonal adjustments have returned ORD its third 777 flight to LHR, so the current total is seven daily 3-class flights.

I might be mistaken, but with the intense competition with UA at ORD, catering to important passengers might outweigh the smaller number of 3-class flights.
UA has its IFL at ORD, but no meaningful separate check-in area.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA certainly doesn't have to be a follower - it's permitted to lead once in a while. Looks like advantage to AA on this one.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Much ado about nothing. More tacky frosted partitions, fake plants and chairs. Big deal. Use the area at MIA and LHR, it's more convenient to just go to the closest counter in the priority AAccess or F line.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Actually UA ORD has had a Premierlobby with dedicated security for UGS and international F passengers since early 2008. They recently renovated the area with new lighting and a Chicago backdrop mural of sorts behind the pod style counters.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricksch...2820/lightbox/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lobby-ord.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/story?i...1#.UWh5qldvDyo
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
DFW has about the same with: 2x LHR, 2x NRT and 1x GRU (and temporarily MAD, FRA and CDG).
DFW is 3x LHR I believe.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
DFW is 3x LHR I believe.
AA 3x 777 (2x 772 1x 77W with 2x 77W 1x 772 starting in a month or so)
BA 1x 744
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by reeg2
AA 3x 777 (2x 772 1x 77W with 2x 77W 1x 772 starting in a month or so)
BA 1x 744
When do you see 2x 77W on DFW-LHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.