Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by ExpatExp

Good point. Lots of pesky BA Golds, though
Who would fly on AA metal why exactly ?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:33 am

This is similar to the United Global Services lobby. I am somewhat happy that AA chose to make this a truly premium product, excluding ExPlats from using this facility.

CK, 5* and 3 class F only.

It wouldn't surprise me if some people (otherwise not entitled) would try to use it. LOL.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Lol. I was thinking someone might notice that Inexpensive TP runs? Round-trip fares to the US ex-LHR are usually less expensive on AA than BA. Or maybe if they want to fly nonstop to RDU. But I know what you mean -- if I were BA Gold I would likely avoid AA as well!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
... because there are never ever any BA Golds who need to fly on domestic flights within the US? Of course not.

Sometimes someone wants to go from California to New York, undoubtedly even some BA Golds.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by GUWonder
... because there are never ever any BA Golds who need to fly on domestic flights within the US? Of course not.

Sometimes someone wants to go from California to New York, undoubtedly even some BA Golds.
I don't mean to speak for Upgraded!, but I believe the reference was to BA Golds using Flagship Check-in at LHR, not at LAX. BA Golds do currently have use of Flagship Check-in at LHR, and one would certainly assume that most of them would opt for the BA metal ex-LHR.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by meFIRST
CK, 5* and 3 class F only.
Five Star being available to anyone with $125 in their pocket. After I've paid for my Deep Discount Coach ticket, I might still have $125 in the budget.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by janetdoe
FFers are less likely to freak out and create drama. Either they are used to the NoS, or they are used to opting out. The chance that there will be a big scene that gets posted to YouTube and makes the news is significantly lower.
Or because they know many of us HAVE to fly and are less likely to object. After all, who wouldn't want to be "safe"....
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
As someone eligible for this service, check-in is far less important than having a dedicated security lane (not just fast track). It doesn't necessarily have to be a Virgin Atlantic set-up, but that certainly would be nice. The whole business of having separate TSA agents checking ID's and then blending in with ALL passengers to go through the zapper is really ridiculous. Plain and simple, the traditional security line should never be faster than the elite line...it often is.

On a separate subject, I sort of enjoy the airports where there is self selection (Expert, Novice etc...) as when someone in the Expert line doesn't know to take their shoes off, it gives me the chance to scoff. and potentially ridicule.

I'll be in MCO over the next few weeks, which always provides me with that opportunity...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Re-asking a pertinent question that was never answered: Is there a new dedicated flagship security lane, or is it the same PA security lane there was before?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by trojanman
Re-asking a pertinent question that was never answered: Is there a new dedicated flagship security lane, or is it the same PA security lane there was before?
Supposedly there is a separate lane that will be manned by a Redcoat to enter the TSA area but supposedly not a dedicated security lane.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Microwave
I don't mean to speak for Upgraded!, but I believe the reference was to BA Golds using Flagship Check-in at LHR, not at LAX. BA Golds do currently have use of Flagship Check-in at LHR, and one would certainly assume that most of them would opt for the BA metal ex-LHR.
Yup, that's exactly what I was referring to ^!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Looks like this might be the beginning of CK becoming the 4th tier of AA, above EXP.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:19 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by Xero
Looks like this might be the beginning of CK becoming the 4th tier of AA, above EXP.
I hope not.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I wonder if access rules for the LHR Flagship Check-in will change soon...
I hope not!! Would be a devaluation of EXP, IMHO.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Hopefully AA will add flagship checkin in the future for EXPs on an international itinerary sometime in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.